Lucid Dreaming, Ear Ringing etc.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
cizicracker

Lucid Dreaming, Ear Ringing etc.

Postby cizicracker » 18 Jan 2014 16:27

Hi.
Last night, 20-30 minutes after falling asleep, I had a dream where I was walking in a hospital with slippers wearing a hospital clothing. In the dream, I look at my feet and the floor carpet was red and fluffy. Suddenly, I realized that I wasn't supposed to be in a hospital, that I went to bed recently. That's how I realized I was in a dream and immediately I tried to have control over my dream. All of a sudden the dream paused and there was an unbearable ringing in my ear so I stopped trying to take control for a second. Every time I tried to take control, the ringing came back. After a while, I decided to give up and wake myself. I don't know how, because I've never done this before, but i woke myself and the ringing was over. I was reading a book at bed before going to sleep and went to sleep at 2.40-3.00 AM. When I woke myself, it was 3.23 AM. So,
1) How come my ears were ringing every time I tried to control my dream?
2) How can I control my dream after being aware I'm in a dream?
3) Does being tired have an affect on lucid dreaming? (I've had 4-5 hours of sleep per day for the previous week)
ps: I've had a lucid dream a year ago where the dream ended shortly after being aware without my intention of waking up.

Jacob46719

Re: Lucid Dreaming, Ear Ringing etc.

Postby Jacob46719 » 21 Jan 2014 03:18

1) How come my ears were ringing every time I tried to control my dream?
With the ear ringing, either you're waking up or the sound is imaginary and can be stopped.

2) How can I control my dream after being aware I'm in a dream?
There are plenty of tutorials on here and on DreamViews.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 21 Jan 2014 08:48

You were becoming aware of the real sounds made in the ear during Rem sleep, whether really hearing them or having sounds inspired by them is a toss up. Go to you tube and watch this video Science of SP Pt 2: Listen Up!

As for dream control one can have it in non-lucid dreams and not have it in lucid dreams. Just try to change something in the dream. It may actually change very rapidly, as one has caused the a streaming of changes which one usually can stop at the desired image or more rarely can't stop. You can also make exact changes to anything you can visualize or incubate and then trigger while lucid.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2014 17:32

I watched that video and am familiar with buzzing, drone sounds when entering a dream. One time my ears were ringing like after hearing a loud concert.

This video states that our inner ear vibrates during REM and that is what causes it. Any sound you think you hear and attribute to it is just dream hallucinations (which come naturally in that state). So perhaps you picked up on that during your lucid dream and were aware of your physical body doing it's thing while in the dream.

I was telling Vonozar and Torakrubik about it recently and I said it was like when you yawn and your ears get muffled. If you want to know what it feels like, flex your inner ear muscles right now. (I don't know if all can do that. I can roll my tongue too which isn't possible for everybody). I even told them it once sounded like a loud fan in my room and that was actually one of the examples in the video! That video was posted 5 years ago, but I can relate to it today.

(Except I've been spared the alien probing!) :mrgreen:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”