Why are they scared of me finding out?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Chronos

Why are they scared of me finding out?

Postby Chronos » 09 Jan 2012 05:50

I had a dream I was in a limmo. When I learned I was dreaming because I saw someone who I knew was dead in reality, my driver tried to convince me that this was reality. He said something like "She can't be dead because she is right here. Since she isn't dead, her being here is reality". I still remained lucid, but I wonder why my driver tried to fool me. Is he afraid of the exposure of his "world"? Do all dream characters act like this? What happens if they are Angry? will they gang up and convince me it is reality and then make a nightmare to get revenge? I'm afraid to take one step further.
ARE YOU DREAMING?

Gooeymaw

Re: Why are they scared of me finding out?

Postby Gooeymaw » 10 Jan 2012 01:46

I never had an argument with another dream character about the reality of dream before. It sounds awesome! I wouldn't worry about taking it a step further. I think you're going to have to, anyway if you want to develop your lucid dreaming skills. Nightmares are just part of the territory.

Chronos

Postby Chronos » 11 Jan 2012 00:00

I guess I'll suck it up and face it like a man then. I think I'll do it during sun-up though.
ARE YOU DREAMING?

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 11 Jan 2012 03:47

Atta Boy, Chronos. SOme of my most favorite dreams are the nightmares. I mean, when else do you get to fight demons and stuff?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Jan 2012 05:01

I'm curious about lucid nightmares. Please explain. And it's not the "shadow guy that appears during a false awakening" with sleep paralysis, 'cause I dealt with that dude. A lucid nightmare sounds much worse!

Anyway, I have had an argument about the fact that I was lucid dreaming with someone in my dream before. But I never conjured or summoned them in the first place, so it didn't matter to me. I just wished I had more balls to tell them straight to their face what was going on.

However, I have had people appear in lucid dreams that I don't want to be there. As if they summoned themselves. Once, I remember, and I don't want to get into specifics, but when lucid, you are in control. Then this one guy shows up, and try as much as I can... HE has taken over.

I was able to wake up, actually it was a false awakening which I get a lot. But I still wouldn't call it a nightmare.

I've had nightmares before, which upon awakening always seem irrational, but the FEAR WAS SO REAL! But I never had a lucid nightmare, nor do I ever want to, but I would like to hear more about it. I am curious.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Jan 2012 06:43

if a dream charactor is trying to tell you that its not a dream or its his/her dream put your hand gently through its head and show that the charactor it is in your dream. Its shuts them up and they look so sad and they cannot do this to you
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Chronos

Postby Chronos » 12 Jan 2012 02:24

So they don't get upset once the argument is settled?
ARE YOU DREAMING?

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 12 Jan 2012 02:49

I have lucid nightmares rather frequently. As long as I have been having lucid dreams, I rarely am able to control anything about them...at least it's unusual if I do have some sort of control. However, it is my belief (in at least some cases) that we really are somewhere "over there" for lack of a better phase, when we are alseep "over here" (normal waking reality as we understand it vs. reality as we think it is whilst dreaming), which stands to reason, that if such places exist independently of ourselves, than of course we wouldn't have control of their content.

HAGART wrote:I'm curious about lucid nightmares. Please explain. And it's not the "shadow guy that appears during a false awakening" with sleep paralysis, 'cause I dealt with that dude. A lucid nightmare sounds much worse!

Anyway, I have had an argument about the fact that I was lucid dreaming with someone in my dream before. But I never conjured or summoned them in the first place, so it didn't matter to me. I just wished I had more balls to tell them straight to their face what was going on.

However, I have had people appear in lucid dreams that I don't want to be there. As if they summoned themselves. Once, I remember, and I don't want to get into specifics, but when lucid, you are in control. Then this one guy shows up, and try as much as I can... HE has taken over.

I was able to wake up, actually it was a false awakening which I get a lot. But I still wouldn't call it a nightmare.

I've had nightmares before, which upon awakening always seem irrational, but the FEAR WAS SO REAL! But I never had a lucid nightmare, nor do I ever want to, but I would like to hear more about it. I am curious.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 12 Jan 2012 15:02

Goeymaw, I have the opposite opinion that dreams are dreams and that dreamworlds are purely imaginary. One will always have lucid nightmares when doing WILDs as one has an alternation of dreams and nightmares every night one goes through the full sleep process. Nightmares are fun except for the emotionally intense ones. Unfortunately when first habitually lucid dreaming one has the emotional control of a small child and has to deal with emotions including terror that are stronger than the waking ones. With time emotion becomes tamer and rarer, but the ultra terror can still happen.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Jan 2012 20:11

Snaggle - the terror goes as you say and the nightmares become new ways to break barriers but from time to time I get the most dreadful feelings in a dream. The nightmares have gone from facing off something to feelings that seem to invade your mind and body. Again they are to be faced and I have had the most intense experiances when allowing or surendering to these forces.

As for dream charactors getting angry - no. I think at that level you have created them and its a self test of you role in the dream. They just seem to be sad that they are not real - wouldnt you be the same way. IF they get angry give them a cuddle and they will be fine
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”