why didnt my first lucid dream last longer?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
dreaming

why didnt my first lucid dream last longer?

Postby dreaming » 22 Jan 2014 19:58

it all started like this..

my first lucid dream ( today) was when I was riding with my brother and this girl. We were all in separate cars and motorcycles on a highway. Just then I woke up from the dream, I looked at the time and it was 12:00pm. after I saw the time I went back to sleep because I was a little sleepy. So I went back to sleep and the dream went on..

Then me and the girl losses sight of my brother on the highway and we make a wrong turn. We both stop and the girl say to me " call your brother" so i take my phone out and i look at it. Something in my phone made me realize that I was dreaming. ( I forgot maybe it was the blue tooth symbol or wallpaper, i dont know) I looked around and my first words of my first lucid dream was " Am lucid dreaming..."The dream was getting darker, i think it was because i was happy i lucid dreamed but to make the dream last longer i try to look at my hands but by the time i looked at my hands the dream went dark and i woke up.

when I woke up I was so happy. But when i looked at the time it was 11:55 am. I think to myself "wait wasn't it just 12:00pm when I woke up?" Then I freak out, I had a false wakening!!!

why didn't my dream stay long when I looked at my hands? what should I do in the future?

GalMutzafy

Re: why didnt my first lucid dream last longer?

Postby GalMutzafy » 23 Jan 2014 06:45

dreaming wrote:it all started like this..

my first lucid dream ( today) was when I was riding with my brother and this girl. We were all in separate cars and motorcycles on a highway. Just then I woke up from the dream, I looked at the time and it was 12:00pm. after I saw the time I went back to sleep because I was a little sleepy. So I went back to sleep and the dream went on..

Then me and the girl losses sight of my brother on the highway and we make a wrong turn. We both stop and the girl say to me " call your brother" so i take my phone out and i look at it. Something in my phone made me realize that I was dreaming. ( I forgot maybe it was the blue tooth symbol or wallpaper, i dont know) I looked around and my first words of my first lucid dream was " Am lucid dreaming..."The dream was getting darker, i think it was because i was happy i lucid dreamed but to make the dream last longer i try to look at my hands but by the time i looked at my hands the dream went dark and i woke up.

when I woke up I was so happy. But when i looked at the time it was 11:55 am. I think to myself "wait wasn't it just 12:00pm when I woke up?" Then I freak out, I had a false wakening!!!

why didn't my dream stay long when I looked at my hands? what should I do in the future?

Looking at your hands makes you lucid, but not very much helps you to stay in a lucid dream.

There are a few things that can help you:

Rubbing your hands, it makes your senses work.
Touch your sorundings, anything at all that you see.
Spin around, it will might change your location or helps the dream not crashing.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Jacob46719

Re: why didnt my first lucid dream last longer?

Postby Jacob46719 » 27 Jan 2014 03:26

What that guy said^
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Return to “For Beginners”