AUTHORS - C.G. JUNG AND JOSEPH CAMPBELL

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
jasmine2

AUTHORS - C.G. JUNG AND JOSEPH CAMPBELL

Postby jasmine2 » 23 Jan 2014 00:58

--- AUTHORS - C.G. JUNG AND JOSEPH CAMPBELL ---

Many books about dream work and lucid dreaming often make references to the extensive research done by C.G. Jung, psychiatrist, and Joseph Campbell, mythologist.

These scholars both studied the meaning and pattern of symbols, characters, and themes which often appear in dreams and myths. They both noted that dreams and myths may have different levels of interpretation, and they emphasized the importance of the psychological meaning.

Writings by these two authors have greatly enriched my own ideas about the metaphorical language of the unconscious and the deep, unifying nature of the psyche and spirit.

Many visitors to this website may already be familiar with these writers. For those who have not yet encountered their works, I'd like to recommend the following books.

--- By - Joseph Campbell ---
-The Power Of Myth
- Flight Of The Wild Gander
- Hero With A Thousand Faces
- The Way Of The Animal Powers - Vol. 2 - Mythologies Of The Great Hunt

--- By - C. G. Jung ---
- Memories Dreams, Reflections
- Man And His Symbols
(If these 2 books are out of print, they are available in many libraries.)

- Jung On Active Imagination - (with editor - Joan Chodoro) - in print

I know of two good online articles summarizing the theories of these writers, but I'm not quite sure what the policy of this forum is regarding web references.

Do any forum readers have comments about either of these very wise writers?

Summerlander

Re: AUTHORS - C.G. JUNG AND JOSEPH CAMPBELL

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jan 2014 01:52

At the moment I'm doing a bit of reading on other subjects unrelated to the subject of dreaming but I am planning to do delve into the research published by Freud, Jung and many others. I think all of them have something useful to bring to the table. They may also be mistaken on some of their inferences. Look out for Jung's student (and possibly lover) Sabina Spielrein too. I've done an article about her in Dream Science. Speak to you soon.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 24 Jan 2014 01:23

In my initial post, I mentioned 2 good articles summarizing the theories of Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung. Here is the web search info for these articles.

- folkstory.com - Joseph Campbell - His Life and Contributions - Interview With Jonathan Young

- webspace.ship.edu - Carl Jung - My Webspace Files - by Dr. C. George Boeree

Best Wishes
jasmine2

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 Jan 2014 01:34

Cool! I'll be checking them out soon! B-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”