Majic Journeys

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Peter

Finger tapping study

Postby Peter » 13 Jan 2014 20:17

After 3 attempts over a couple of weeks I got lucid and completed the finger tapping tasks. Really happy to have helped and it was a relief to be able to get lucid. I failed twice and tried WBTB in the early hours today with no success and then got relaxed late morning in full daylight and drifted into a dream and then got lucid.

You just cant give up and need to just relax :D

Late morning lucid. I got up at 4am to try after WBTB with no success.
I did get lucid later in the morning in full daylight after relaxing and drifting into a dream. I got lucid by a reality check within the dream.

I am on a wharf looking at my boat moored below me, turnaround and then look back again and my boat is gone. I start searching for it and get confused but start to think I might be dreaming. I dont fully get it so wander away and into a shed next to the wharf.
A boy rides out of the shed on his bike behind me and then starts crying as the wheels disappeared off his bike. I think that if I was dreaming I could get him some new ones. I imagine for the fun of it and the wheels start to form up on the bike.

I laugh and I am lucid.

I recall that I am going to do some finger tapping for Tadas and so put out my hands in front of me. My fingers are a little blurred so I sharpen them up and then start. My fingers are in the air, no keyboard and I start tapping away. I go for a little time and then start to look around to keep the dream going, still tapping and from time to time bring my attention back to my fingers. They are nice and sharp and tapping away.

It now starts to get dark but I am not bothered by this and keep tapping in the darkness. I can still feel my fingers working in the pattern and keep going.

I think that I would like a sheet of glass in front of me like a screen and that I would like color to flow with each tap and so try to will this into the darkness. The scene comes back clear but with no structure, its just me in nothingness tapping away. I look to the air in front of me and see indents forming with each tap. They like small blue/red finger dents that a kid would put in plaster. I watch these form and then go in time to the finger tapping. This lasts for 30 - 40 sets of taps.

I now lose the lucid state and dream for a little of random events.

Wake up, feel great at the thought of getting the task completed
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Re: Majic Journeys

Postby HAGART » 16 Jan 2014 23:13

I joined the Finger Tapping experiment too, but haven't been lucid yet. I only started last night, but had technical difficulties with this old computer.

It's interesting to hear your experience and I'll share mine if I get one. It would feel good to use lucid dreaming for a purpose other then self gratification and self discovery. It's like I have a super power and can help somebody else out for a change.

Peter wrote:The scene comes back clear but with no structure, its just me in nothingness tapping away. I look to the air in front of me and see indents forming with each tap. They like small blue/red finger dents that a kid would put in plaster. I watch these form and then go in time to the finger tapping.

I can picture that happening.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Jan 2014 00:14

Best of luck and dont beat yourself up if you can get lucid as its a bit of a call to do so on demand. I failed twice and was only successful on this 3rd attempt and with a last minute DILD as well. During the time that I was trying I had a lot of lucids and so it was not a dry spell at all.

I would also say that this is one of the most meaningful lucids because of what you say about trying something for purpose that is a little beyond normal. This is the 4th time I have been involved at this level and I will take any opportunity to take part in more projects

Post your attempts they will be interesting
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Peter

Into the light

Postby Peter » 23 Jan 2014 21:53

24-1/2014 Dream report for study
Into the light
WILD – 4am take supplements. 8mg of Galantamine + choline
Relaxing and drifting, starting to get to light sleep state, lose it, fully awake again, relax, now in dream.
At table eating and thinking that I am about to have a dream but I am eating and I am with other people so it is not a good look to go to sleep and dream. My partner is next to me and she is saying her meat is not cooked. I look at mine and put a fork onto it, the meat tenses up and then veins appear full of blood and the meat moves across the plate. I laugh as I was partly aware I was dreaming and this confirms it. (A loose WILD at this stage, no loss of time from relaxing to dreaming and awareness)
Awaken, smile, relax and instantly in a lucid dream. A girl is in front of me and kissing me; I am looking at her and say “hi”, she is surprised and states that I should not be able to see her. I laugh and say that I can and hold her, kiss her and then in a short time the scene changes.
I am in a room and there are a lot of people there, a gathering of some sort but I feel welcome and part of the crowd. People come to me and say hello and then move a way. I walk to a window and move through it with the usual giving of the glass and then start to fly. A lot of people come with me and one person that I know In life grabs hold of me and I take him on a flight. I tease him about being lazy and he just laughs.
We fly for a bit with no purpose and I enjoy the feel of the cold night air on my skin and the sense of being up in the air and free. The darkness also has a feel to is as if it is alive and allowing us to be there.
At this point I have 2 false awakenings, they are very solid experiences and I am used to this but have not had any for a while. I look around my room, know I am dreaming and wonder why some part of me bothers to do this.( I put my left middle finger into and through my right palm; it hurts a little and is also accompanied by a strong vibrating sensation like an electric curtain. This is very common on testing solid matter in a dream for me)
I punch the wall behind me and my hand hurts but went through the wall, I get out of bed and push my finger into the wall, into a table just because I can and then out the glass doors and into the night sky once more.
I stop flying and hover and a scene forms around me, once more in a room and I now decide to just walk and see what the dream produces for me. I start walking and keep walking into a lot of corridors and just keep going round corners till I get to a dead end. I know I can go into the wall but stop, look up and ask for more than this basic dream. I do this with a very strong intent and won’t accept no answer and a section on the wall starts to shimmer with multi coloured lights. The intensity grows and when it looks very strong and solid I move to the wall and stand in front of the patch of light. I submit to this energy. (this is a passive state and allows the light to take me, if I just enter then I end up in a dream of my making rather that a deeper experience that is beyond the normal state) At this point a female voice asks my name and I reply and say she cant refuse me.
At this point I feel my dream body or energy body being pulled to bits and dissolved to a mass of vibrating energy with no sense of me at all, in this bodyless state but with awareness I become part of the light and enter into a living tunnel and get taken for a very fast but short transit and am now directly in another room.
I look around, see a lot of people and know they are my people and I am their leader. I am accepted and see them all getting about their tasks. Its at this point a man is trying to join two bits of metal and it wont join, I will the two pieces together and they join and bond and now the man knows how to do it.

I ask this man where we are, who am I and what is the date. I am called Wiess, date ends in 12 and we are in Sweden.( I don’t take this seriously but it was a clear answer.)
I walk outside and onto a balcony; I float off this and into the air, turnaround to see what was behind me and get higher to take in the full view of the scene behind me. There is a house on the coast on a hillside and as I see more it unfolds into a very large complex of houses that are more organic in style and part of the hill and there is a sense of wonder and warmth in taking all this in.
I look for detail and try to keep it in mind as I wake myself up to record this dream.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 24 Jan 2014 03:59

Great post, Peter.

I'm especially intrigued by your experience with the light in the wall. I notice that you have written about similar experiences in previous posts, concerning bright light, energy, non-bodily awareness etc. I have yet to experience anything like that, but I wonder if you put any meaning to it. Do you think it is just a dream event, or is it something more profound, on a 'deeper' level than the dream, 'closer' to singular awareness (if you believe in such a thing). Would be interested to hear your thoughts on this.
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Postby Peter » 24 Jan 2014 08:39

Do you think it is just a dream event, or is it something more profound, on a 'deeper' level than the dream, 'closer' to singular awareness (if you believe in such a thing). Would be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

I do think it is of a different nature that what I call normal lucids and have been presented with energy of sorts for a long time now and this is the first time I have made the leap of faith to submit to the offer.

I am without any beliefs on what it all may be so I dont claim to have done something that might not be able to be proven or steeped in mystic experiences but the event is very different.

I dont make the light or energy, it appears of its own a lot of the time or I ask for some experience beyond the dream and may or may not get the portals of mandalas as I call them. When they appear they are boiling concentrated points of light the same as the mandalas in a lot of religious art but active and with a compelling force attached to them. They appear and if I concentrate on them I will start to feel my energy body change in nature and this is a powerful and intimidating process to allow. On relaxing and accepting whatever will happen I start to become the same force as the light and get drawn to it. Most of the past events I will bail out as I was not ready to accept but as posted this time I did not.

Out on a limb and not ducking the question, yes I do think these are deeper than the lucid dreams and on transit to the events while in the light yes it is or feels like a singular awareness in my view. I have experienced this state many times while spending time in the void and its the oddest feeling of nothing and everything without any sense of self. I dont know what of me exists but something does and has awareness, can think but has no connection to any of the sensory states that my physical body uses in waking life.

Thanks for the questions as sometimes I wonder if I should post this sort of experience but then like doing so for the fun of writing and its nice that they get a read.

Anymore thoughts send them on

Peter

Peter

Remote viewing

Postby Peter » 25 Jan 2014 08:12

Something new for me in the last 2 to 3 weeks and keen to get some ideas from anyone with experience at this.

First up I am not sure what remote viewing is but used the title to seperate these experiences from the lucid states I normally experience.
I read a book on "Seath" as dictated by Jane Roberts and found it very interesting and full of detail if you look and dont miss the small points. One such bit of info was that HI (they might not have used that term) was visual thought and that is something I have suspected for a long time, that the images are thought expressed as living or active images in some form. I pondered on that for a bit and decided that if it was thought then they were mine so lets see if I can change them. I dont mean in the way of taking a point of light and making it bigger or into a cube and so expect an image but I know after a few hours in the garden I will see endless plants growing and forming in my mind. Vivid images that I could sketch, I asked for happy plants and got then booming into bright colors and asked to see death and a flower shrivled and died but to my amusement It shrunk to a spot and then grew again. A SC with a sense of humor. I played with this for a bit and can get amazing images that morph and grown and change but do so in response to a polite request and it is a lot more advanced that any of the HI that I have seen in past years. Also there is more passive engagement with the images and so a relaxed state is more easily achieved.

Onward, Remote Viewing.
At one point when watching and requesting the view changed to a mountain range with forest along the edges. The view was shifting as the view point moved along the ridge and it was an view like a bird would see. The quality was photographic in detail and totally normal as I would expect if I was looking out of a plane window.
I had the same at the end of a LD when I woke up and was relaxing again and about 4 more times I think the same. In the last 3 I get relaxed and as some of the HI just starts to form up I request to see something from someone or somethings eyes and I have shifted to these images and again they are just the same as looking out the window in all respects.
A couple of oddities are that in the first one I seen what looked like 4 black slashes in the top right corner and in the last one I would swear I seen a black outline of an eye in the top left like a small icon - no lie there and odd but so funny as well.

There have also been some intrusions in the HI that precedes there with what looked like small almost opaque threads rising up from below my view point and across the image in front of me, this happened twice and they were not in the image or in the HI but appeared to be in a space of their own. If I had to pin it I would say I was seeing a reflection of some internal somethings that are part of the structure of vision in the brain and reflected back and due to the fact of the type of image.

For me a quirky and odd set of new experiences that appear to be able to be duplicated so will work on it and the playing with the HI images. I want to give my SC some tasks and see if it can solve them before my eyes, maybe I can try adding some numbers and get an answer - that would be cool

Peter

The old soldier

Postby Peter » 28 Jan 2014 23:04

The old soldier

Walking inside a building that is being used as a display hall. I am with my son and we have fishing rods in our hands and a hook comes lose on a bit of line. It lands on the floor and another boy picks it up to see what is it, at the same time I pick up the hook end and the hook is just pricking my finger. As I watch the hook grows in size and is now in a little more so I start to work it out and it hurts. I now just wrench it out and its very painful and the hook is now a trout fly and I put this into my tackle box.
An older man has been watching and he comes over, tells me I have a nice collection of trout flys and there are some good lakes to fish in around this district. He takes me to a room that is a library and gets out a book, finds a page and shows me a map with places to go to fish. He turns a few more pages and shows me a small town near the lake, an old stone church with a cut rock fence. There are some plaques on the fence and he shows me the one with his name on it. I am a bit curious at this stage as I get the feeling I am looking at a memorial plaque. Next he shows me a group of young men in uniform posing for a picture and points out his image.
I am now looking at a black and white image of soldiers and the images start to turn their heads at talk to each other, next they get up and start milling around. In quick time it is a place with people starting to move about and I am in the scene observing.

It is 0600 am and I wake up due to habit, annoying as this was shaping up to be a nice event and left me with a feeling of sadness as I felt I was looking at someone’s life unfold as they remember it.

Peter

Europe 2014 ( a bit morbid in places)

Postby Peter » 14 Jul 2014 23:28

Europe 2014

A few dreams and thoughts while cycling around Europe. These are not very nice but Europe does this to me at times, it can be a beautiful place but for me it can also be very morbid as the wars are never far away. I don’t have an interest in the war and only carry vague thoughts with me so all of these dreams are what I call being dreamt and come to me. I accept them and let them play out, they were not lucid but very vivid and full of feeling that either shocks me out the sleep and dreaming and leaves a heavy sadness for a few hours of the day – till the sun comes out

These are not sequential

1 - Restless sleep, vivid dreams of diggers destroying houses, relentless machines that just march on and destroy

2- Figures cooking, getting closer and they are cooking meat, closer and pans are full of frying body parts, human meet cooking. Laughing figures

3- A wall, a dog in the net caught up and bleeding. It looks miserable and wants to die. Guards walking along the top of the wall, looking into the net. Laughing and saying “it’s only a dog, let it die”

4- A curtain, a wall of sparkling energy. A young girl approaches this, curious and lost. She reaches out and enters the wall. Now a fading spark of gold in the wall of blue she is gone

5- Thoughts during the day while riding along the road in the hills of the Ardennes (where the battle of the Bulge was fought)

Morbid thoughts creeping in today.
Long roads – cold, chills in my body
This is a place where ego takes action and men die for others
Their minds used and their bodies enslaved
No winners, death without meaning

6 – Snipers. Dreaming. 4 nails in a curve, nails being worked on, sharpened and the curve measured with a wooden rod. It was explained to me that the a seeking bullet is being used to get runners

And to top this off I went to the Menin Gate in Ypres to hear the last post. Standing listening to all the voices, thinking this is a crowd, all here to remember. Remember the solders off to the front, moving, happy, sad, and scared and minute’s later dead, wounded, hurt, and not understanding. All the youth and life gone.
This had tears flowing and again it’s the feeling of being dreamt more that dwelling on the events. It lasted a while and I got drunk that night as I didn’t want to dream

Last work, a very happy month biking around a bike friendly country in the sun and full of warm people. I am happy to have had these thoughts and dreams enter my mind as they are part of the experience

Peter

Explain this one

Postby Peter » 26 Jul 2014 09:23

25/07/2014 Coffee G/C

WILD
Just one excerpt from an intense morning and a new experience for me.

Lying in bed and letting my awareness wander around my body while the feelings of an OBE start to build up. I exit by rolling onto the floor and I am standing in a semi dark room as it should be this hour of the morning and walk over to the glass doors. I push and play with the glass and as always it spongy so I push it around a bit more and then walk back a bit and run at it. The harder I hit it the more it pushes back like a trampoline and I do this a few times.

Next up I decide to walk back to the bed and see my sleeping body as I have not done this before and I am curious about what I might find.
No surprise as I go back and quietly look at a sleeping body, mine and as it should be tucked up under the sheets.
This is where its gets odd for me anyway. I hear the breathing and that’s normal as I have heard that lots when having a duel awareness of my body going about its functions but I hear some talking. Sleeping I says hello to the OBE me and I am a little puzzled by this. I then say to OBE me, “ please don’t leave without me, can I come with you” I have no idea of what to make of this and start to move back a little and the sleeping me starts to cry and get upset. OBE me now (this is a fully aware experience and where all thought is occurring) goes back and cuddles and talks to the sleeping me until I hear the steady breathing of a sleeping body and feel the energy calm down. I next go quietly to the glass doors and gently exit through them, stand on the balcony and make sure the sleeping body is not following as I for some reason I don’t want a sleepwalking me to fall off and get hurt ( I have never sleepwalked but it seems like a sensible thing to do)

I have never had this sort of experience before and it seemed like some basic form of awareness in the sleeping body knew something was missing and wanted comfort so I did that.

Any thoughts welcome

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”