My mind and body

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
chaosdragoon13

My mind and body

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 23 Jan 2014 11:10

Hello everyone, I haven't posted a topic in this section for a while, because I didn't have any questions but now I do so please hear me out, thank you.

So far I got 2 lucid dreams but recently I have been realizing I was dreaming while being aware of my body, its hard to concentrate on my dream while being aware of my body. I keep trying to make it more vivid and stabilize it but I just lose the dream instead because im feeling the presence of my body. So how do I stop being aware of my body while in a dream, and if it happens again how do I avoid losing the dream?

Highlander

Re: My mind and body

Postby Highlander » 23 Jan 2014 11:32

If you keep being aware of your body, why not be aware of your "dream body"?
While in the dream, look at your body, rub your hands, clap your hands, touch your face, ...
This will distract you from thinking about your real body, will keep you thinking about your body (being your "dream body" here) and will stabilize the dream.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Jan 2014 11:43

I know exactly what you mean as I've been there myself. You are sort of stuck between two worlds, you're here and there and you don't know what to do in order to not lose the most interesting one - all the while, the grossness of the physical body, or the perception of it, seems overpowering.

I found a solution. The key is to get up (or "separate") at the initial stages of this dual perception phenomenon. As soon as you feel the body lying in bed but lucidly observe the dream world, just move with what you think is your physical self. Why? Because, especiallly at the initial stages of dual perception, there is a good chance that the perception of the body is phantom too. Just move without thinking to much about how to do it and without worrying too much about whether you will stand up physically or oneirically.

But remember, the sooner you apply this technique, the better your chances of not moving with the real physical body. Once you manage to separate from the body stencil, and you become fully involved in the lucid dream world, be sure to apply techniques for intensification and prolongation of the state straight away.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 24 Jan 2014 09:04

Summerlander wrote:I know exactly what you mean as I've been there myself. You are sort of stuck between two worlds, you're here and there and you don't know what to do in order to not lose the most interesting one - all the while, the grossness of the physical body, or the perception of it, seems overpowering.

I found a solution. The key is to get up (or "separate") at the initial stages of this dual perception phenomenon. As soon as you feel the body lying in bed but lucidly observe the dream world, just move with what you think is your physical self. Why? Because, especiallly at the initial stages of dual perception, there is a good chance that the perception of the body is phantom too. Just move without thinking to much about how to do it and without worrying too much about whether you will stand up physically or oneirically.

But remember, the sooner you apply this technique, the better your chances of not moving with the real physical body. Once you manage to separate from the body stencil, and you become fully involved in the lucid dream world, be sure to apply techniques for intensification and prolongation of the state straight away.

Yeah that's exactly how I felt! the feeling of being "trapped in two worlds". I try to concentrate on the dream but it was a little strain on my mind because it is aware of my real body. Anyway, I didn't understand all you said there summer. So can you explain it in a simpler way please.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 Jan 2014 11:32

Basically, when that happens, just move as though you are getting out of bed. Don't even worry about what will happen. Do this as soon as you can. Often, what you think is your physical body, isn't. And the bed that you feel beneath is an illusion too.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Jan 2014 11:58

Interestingly Im completely different to Summerlander. When Im in that dual state it is my real physical body Im experiencing too (I get that a lot when I do WILD as I slowly sometimes move from one body to the other, having different of my senses come in at different rates). So if I go to move, it will immediately disconnect me from the dream and I'll be completely in my physical body again. I need to stay still to allow the dream to stabilise a bit more first.

So In my experience for myself with summerlands advice with this would be bad... but you arent me and I suggest to try different things including certainly what summerland said, to learn how things are for you. (I dont believe there is a right or wrong way with method, as we are all different).

I suggest to ignore your physical body as much as you can.. and focus hard on whatever you are experiencing in the dream. Focus on what you can hear there, smell there, see there etc (like myself you "may" find different senses enter the dream at different times, as you connect to the dream world from your physical one).

What I like to do to move more into a LD is I use something from the dream..to help bring me into it more eg I once had a DC with a baby so I asked her to hand me the baby. I then used the sensation of baby on my lap to try to pull me into the dream.

Other times I'll call someone in my dream..and then have them touch me to help me stabilise, I'll then focus on their touch (if Im too light, I cant risk moving my body as it wakes me up and I can accidently move my physical one).

The dual state is a great state to practice how to stabilise things.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Jan 2014 12:44

Let me emphasise certain parts of my previous statement:

"The key is to get up (or "separate") at the initial stages of this dual perception phenomenon. As soon as you feel the body lying in bed but lucidly observe the dream world, just move with what you think is your physical self. Why? Because, especiallly at the initial stages of dual perception, there is a good chance that the perception of the body is phantom too. Just move without thinking to much about how to do it and without worrying too much about whether you will stand up physically or oneirically."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”