Playing Videos While Dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
EvelyN

Playing Videos While Dreaming

Postby EvelyN » 24 Jan 2014 01:32

I sometimes fall asleep while watching different videos on my computer. Last week, I had a dream that I wanted to get back, and I was watching a particular video (and the dream did not have anything to do with the video, as far as I remember). I have tried falling asleep with this same video on, in order to dream the same dream, but it has not happened yet.
My question is, is it possible that if I keep playing the same video while asleep, could it possibly jog some memory of the dream? And is listening to videos while sleeping helpful to lucid dreams?

Highlander

Re: Playing Videos While Dreaming

Postby Highlander » 24 Jan 2014 11:57

I don't know if it was Robert Waggoner or Stephen LaBerge (i guess it was Stephen) that, in his book, tells about a technique that consists of recording the audio of a movie or a tv series and listen to it when you go to sleep. While you are listening to it, you are imagining the scene. This will boost your imagination, implant some scenes in your mind and, luckily, you will have a dream about that.
I never did this, but i will do it someday. It looks interesting.

Jacob46719

Re: Playing Videos While Dreaming

Postby Jacob46719 » 24 Jan 2014 19:26

I should try this with pokemon
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Return to “For Beginners”