Dream Journal Entry Length

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Unionformity

Dream Journal Entry Length

Postby Unionformity » 25 Jan 2014 05:39

Hey forum,
Today I'd like to ask about dream journals. I am horrible at writing my dreams down every morning, and that's either because I can't remember them at all or the only parts I can remember are very short and seemingly too complex to write down. I was wondering, just how long does each dream entry have to be? We're all suggested to write for at least 10-15 minutes, but what if all we can remember takes much less than that to write, or we're simply not writing down every specific detail? And can it impede our journey to lucidity by damaging our dream recall?
Thanks again,
-Union
*Should be Uniconformity

Jacob46719

Re: Dream Journal Entry Length

Postby Jacob46719 » 25 Jan 2014 08:29

I don't think it matters how long you write something down, just write something.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Haratron

Postby Haratron » 28 Jan 2014 05:28

1.As soon as you wake up think "Oh I dreamt, my dream journal!"
2. Don't do anything but go over your dream.
3 Get your dream journal out and start writing.

I helps if your dream journal is right beside your bed so then you don't move as much so you will remember more.

And yes write down anything you remember
“He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”
-Douglas Adams

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Jan 2014 12:57

Write down what you can remember however brief and vague. Write dreams in the present tense as it reinforces the idea that they are not gone and you relive them. Revise your dream journal occasionally. Do all these things and you will notice a considerable mnemonic improvement.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 28 Jan 2014 21:33

For me, i remember 5 dreams per day but the problem is that i dont have time to write all them.

I wake up at 4:00, and remember 3 dreams but i only write 1 dream because i take 45min to write only a dream. Then i go back to sleep and Wake up at 5:40 and remember 1 or 2 dreams and write it as fast, (because here school start at 7:00) and i refall asleep and wake up at 6:00 and remember a dream, at that time i only draw image while im taking my breakfast and when i come back i will complete.

Get motivation by lucid dreaming and you will remember a lot of dream.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Jan 2014 23:04

I just write the dream out in point form with key words to jog my memory and then go back to sleep. Later I use those notes to write the dream out in long form on a computer. It's amazing how only few words is all it takes to remember a dream and write out full pages later on.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”