Something very odd happened…

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ender_brine

Something very odd happened…

Postby Ender_brine » 22 Jan 2014 22:54

I have a certain problem with lucid dreams. I have a lucid experience basically every night. Yay! Nope not yay. Because when I become "lucid," it's the second before I wake up. Last night I had a dream. I was on a medium height skyscraper surrounded by larger skyscrapers, talking to someone. After that was over, and the dream was within a few minutes of ending, I suddenly became truly lucid. I could feel the clarity, see things sharpen. And surprisingly, the dream didn't end right after! I wondered if I should jump off the building, but I chose not to since I could tell the dream was going to end soon. Then I wondered if I should scream out that I'm dreaming. Why? Well, because I can. But I was afraid to. No because I questioned if I was actually awake or not, but because I thought that, with the dream ending soon, any screams I made would transfer to reality, and render me screaming in my bed. Finally the dream ended.

Did it end because I made it end with my thoughts? Also does this happen to anyone else?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

HAGART

Re: Something very odd happened…

Postby HAGART » 23 Jan 2014 01:53

I become lucid at the tail of end dreams often. When close to waking up naturally, there isn't much you can do. If it fades you can remain still and calm and try to re-enter, but if it was time to wake up, it was time to wake up and prolonging a lucid dream can only go so far.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Re: Something very odd happened…

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Jan 2014 11:40

Its easier to become lucid closer to waking up as your waking mind starts to wake up more. It sounds like it with you that you also go thinking so much about waking up and hence focusing too much on the physical world etc.. that it would help cause you to wake up.

Focus on your dream world more once you become lucid.. try to forget you are about to wake up. Try not to think about your physical body in bed.. really engage yourself into the dream.

To wake yourself up from a LD.. all one needs to do is to think of waking up. You need to try to stop dwelling on that.

Have a goal in mind or something you can do in the dream to focus on. Work to stabilise yourself in the LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”