French Vosges - Lucid Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
dreamweaver

French Vosges - Lucid Dream

Postby dreamweaver » 25 Jan 2014 14:15

It was a night not much different from any other, and it was not my first lucid dream. My husband and I ate dinner, and were relaxing watching tv, trying to unwind from the day. I had a very long day, woke up at 4am, and by 9pm i was falling asleep. When i awoke i remembered every detail as if i was there.

This time was different. I fell asleep, and instantly like a movie projected on my eyelids, i was standing in a forest. I was awake, I could see my hands, I could see my feet, and my body as if I was looking through my own eyes.. I reached out and i touched the earth... it was damp. I heard a loud noise, like the screaching whirr of a buzz saw, but I couldn't see it anywhere.. i stepped off the path and hid behind a tall tall pine tree. the moss on the tree was cold and damp and smelled of soil. the texture of the bark was rough on my hands and drops of water from the bows above me dripped onto my head. The noise stopped. I stepped back onto the path, a mossy dirt wooded path in a thick forest, the trees - they were so tall and towered over me... so tall that all the bows were up at the top, and the tree trunks were bare, except for the moss which seemed to cover everything... i walked down this path,... i took a few steps and realized - im dreaming.... this is not real! I am dreaming and i know it... i was just in my bed, how am i in this forest?! Just then i stubbed my toe on a rock and i felt it, as if it was truly under my feet! I thought this is un believeable! I turned around to see where i had come from, and it was a darkness in the middle of the path, that just seemed to get smaller as i walked father away from it. I kept walking away from the darkness, and I came to a meadow, where i saw this mountain in the distance, and there was a small lumber camp on the edge. the path went through the meadow and into the cabin. I followed the path into the cabin and there was a man drinking coffee at the table. He said Bonjour and said this is no place for a woman, you must leave! - now my french is a little rusty but i kept trying to speak to him and ask him how i got here? where did the path go? The man came at me and grabbed me by my arm so hard it felt hot, like a rug burn... he dragged me out side of the back of the cabin and told me to keep going. I had enough i wanted to wake up, but i couldnt get myself to wake up! I was cold, damp, alone and frightened as i was running down the path away from the darkness and the cabin, nothing was working.. "pinching" screaming as loud as i could.. nothing. I kept telling myself i wanted to go home, i wanted to wake up. Somehow i instinctively knew i had to get to the darkness, thats where i came from... i ran back down the path towards the camp, and around the camp to avoid the man being so angry.
I couldnt find the path infront of the cabin, so i ran to the back of the cabin and realized i had to go back the way i came. i snuck through the cabin and saw the man sleeping on the cot in the corner, and tip toed through the front door... ran all the way back down the path and i was in the woods again! i could smell the damn earth forest smell.. feel the drops of water on my skin.. and there it was, the darkness! i had to walk though the darkness like a door. as soon as i stepped into the darkness, i awoke out of breath, as if i was truly running through the woods. i awoke in my bed, with my husband next to me.

months later i came across this photo and i knew it was the exact place in my dream!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/2eb6d1d16a23253f65b6e05ae4e4037c/tumblr_mzstayBuEK1rog4m6o1_1280.jpg

any thoughts?

TillyPink

Re: French Vosges - Lucid Dream

Postby TillyPink » 26 Jan 2014 23:35

What an amazing dream. And frightening for you too. Sounds like this guy appeared as some kind of saboteur...so many people desperate to not wake up from their LD and here you are desperate to wake and can't! I'm guessing you were so tired that you entered the dream directly then couldn't awaken because you were so tired....all the vividness and sensuality is classic i suppose of the WILD experience...the French guy the part of the unconscious that is not always happy about our being conscious in dreams...perhaps...there are others that may think you entered a past life experience...going through the darkness as a gateway is very classic threshold stuff...dream and wake...life and death...

What is your experience of France (sounds like you have a connection there anyway?)

When you saw the picture, did it remind you of the dreamscape or did you think it was the actual dreamscape?

Are you normally a spontaneous (or accidental) Lucid dreamer, or do you/have you tried to initiate LD's actively?

Thanks for sharing.

Tilly

dreamweaver

Postby dreamweaver » 28 Jan 2014 16:20

My family geaneology has been traced back to french royalty, who during the french revolution had tried to escape persecution and certain members were able to escape & fled to canada from france. im not sure which part of france tho. ( i cant remember id have to ask my great grandmother).. and i have never been to france. its very possible it was a past life experience.. or a glimpse into the escape itself? im not sure.
and the picture i saw, was the identical path i was on... i have lucid dreams randomly, this was the most sensory of them tho. i would love to train myself to enter lucidity at will, but that is off in the future :-) ive heard african dream root can aid that, id be willing to try it!

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 30 Jan 2014 00:04

...it could be that your knowledge of your family history created the dreamscape also...but what we know and how we perceive creates our waking lives as well so it really is down to what you believe...literally. Yes if you did some simple exercises to help strengthen your awareness within the dream, you might be able to experiment more and not get so sucked along by the dream reality...so you may be able to turn around to someone hostile, stop them in their tracks and say..hey...who are you? Do you know this is a dream? My dream? And i've projected you! Or just give them a big hug... :D Sometimes easier said then done...I've never experienced a hostile in a LD (which is almost weird as most people do at some point) but i did face a 'dark force' in this kind of out of body/sleep paralysis episode i had where i walked right over to a black crocodile creature hanging off my ceiling and touched it and told a dark force to stop slamming my bedroom door on me (in my very best head mistress voice!). As a spontaneous LD'er, you should find it much easier to work with some practical and stuff to get you LD'ing with more intention in mind - to really be the dreamweaver! - if that's what you want to do, it probably wouldn't take long. You've got some fascinating stuff to explore, especially with all the sensuality in terms of touching and smelling your environment...it made me think that i've been LD'ing all these years and yet i'm never that acutely aware of smells or the feeling of climate etc (for eg yesterday I had a LD and i know it was really sunny but i don't remember feeling warmth of the sun)...it's got me thinking about my own intention for my next LD...

Dream well Dreamweaver!

P.S. just an edit to say i've just remembered I had a LD 2ish weeks ago where i went off on a mission (unplanned in waling life) to find my ex who was pretty violent (from years and years back) I went to the bedsit where we used to live and sorted him out! It was actually very healing as i'd had nightmares about having to step on eggshells around violent men so they didn't hurt me...the last thing i said to him was...'I'm not bringing you back'....there was a dog there...i guess like my inner guard...and the dream ended so peacefully as i ruffled his head and said...'But maybe i'll bring you back'. So yeh, something to think about.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”