Flying, but no elevation

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
thomas

Flying, but no elevation

Postby thomas » 10 Jan 2012 23:02

I had a lucid dream (WILD) and found myself on a 2-lane road in open countryside. I decided to fly. I was able to control how far I could fly and how fast. However, I could not get more than 10 feet off the ground. I tried yelling in my head "fly higher", I tried jumping to start my flight, usually I get a running start. I am able to fly in non-lucid dreams all over the place, so I know and believe that it can be done. Not sure how to fix this issue. Any suggestions would be great -

Thomas

torakrubik

Re: Flying, but no elevation

Postby torakrubik » 11 Jan 2012 22:03

Next time you are caught in this situation, try to trivialize the problem. By convincing yourself it isn't difficult to go higher, you should manage too.
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Jan 2012 22:08

you could also imagine the ground dropping away like a lift and that will start teleporting skills.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Jan 2012 01:39

I've been reading some of what LaBerge has written about his lucid dreaming studies and he reports that his test subjects on average found that the higher they tried to fly, the more difficult or more likely to be impossible. This seems logical since it would be because of expectations which can be changed of course. We limit ourselves in lucid dreams just the same we do in waking life. But you got off the ground which I think is the biggest hurdle.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

thomas

Postby thomas » 13 Jan 2012 02:56

Thank you all!

Torakrubic and Peter - I will try each of your suggestions.

LucidintheSky - good point. I may have been limiting myself as I was conscious and not going on normal dream autopilot.

One thing of interest I did notice is that I started laughing (in the LD) about how funny the situation was and I began to fly higher - not much though. Don't know what was up with that. Maybe I was diverting my thoughts and not thinking about flying.

Thomas

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Jan 2012 05:11

Maybe you were laughing about the rules.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”