Most common L.D. Experience

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

What is the most common experience you have in your lucid dreams?

Flight
50%
Shape shifting
10%
Time travel
5%
Traveling through Space
No votes
Traveling around Earth
No votes
Talking to old friends
5%
Protecting/helping people
No votes
Become rich and/or famous
No votes
Have magical powers
5%
Talk to your self concious
25%

Total votes: 20

Haratron

Most common L.D. Experience

Postby Haratron » 28 Jan 2014 05:47

I am a curios begginer and would like to know what others do or would like to do in there lucid dreams

I'm sure I'm not the only one so vote away :)

Remember I want the most common

P.S.

If you haven't had any of the experiences listed or haven't had a lucid dream yet just vote for the experience you want to have.
“He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”
-Douglas Adams

Jackson

Re: Most common L.D. Experience

Postby Jackson » 28 Jan 2014 18:44

Can there be an "other" option because I don't do any of these things frequently?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 30 Jan 2014 07:05

Voted for Shape shifting, but need to qualify my vote by noting that the shape shifting is done by possessing and exiting dream characters at will. I also do this in non-lucid dreams, but in the lucid ones I place the DC in situations they have to deal with while I watch them and eat popcorn ;)
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Jan 2014 18:29

I was looking for the 'sex' option, but it wasn't there.
I'm not alone and many lucid dreamers pursue their deepest primal desires. No apologies here.
It's true and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Although I do take it further and had many profound lucid dreams, sexual desire tends to be my default when I have no pre-planned agenda. And I don't think I'm the only one.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Haratron

Postby Haratron » 01 Feb 2014 07:03

Well that's lovely. You can do whatever you want in your lucid dream but I gave specific options for specific reasons!

As long as you shape shift it counts as shape shifting.

If you haven't had any of the above pick the one you want to have.
“He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”
-Douglas Adams

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 01 Feb 2014 09:11

I picked talking to my subconscious because I usually do that no matter what, even if I'm barely lucid. However, if I could pick a second option it would be flying. I do that about as much as speaking with my subconscious.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 03 Feb 2014 04:58

I've shape shifted in LD, but possessing dream characters is what I normally do. I recently visualized a Roman legatus (general) that was an HI and possessed him and had to leave him before I could end the HI.

Everyone has sex with dream characters, but I don't normally do that except when I was already having sex with them in a normal dream and liked it so much I did a dream return.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

redvcharger

Postby redvcharger » 03 Mar 2014 11:46

I chose "Shape Shifting" because it encompasses a lot of options in LD, e.g. Growing wings to fly etc. Although I want to use LD for all of the above reasons (including sex) because, well, why the hell should we limit ourselves :lol: . I mean that's why we do it right?

We're explorers and this is a way of exploring internal consciousness and collective consciousness directly. 8-)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Mar 2014 02:57

For me, none of those things at all are common LD experiences hence I couldnt vote, I needed an "other" or a "go exploring", "talk to strangers" or a"do my dream goals" option which are all common things I do.

I have not much desire to create fantasy lands during LDs eg using magical powers (thou I can do these things if I want but rarely need to eg I can point to a light and compand "ON!". I'd only do that if I found myself in a dim room.. why do these "magical power" things unless they are useful to me.. I know I can do them and have nothing to prove to myself. I have no desire to fight magical beasts with magical weapons (different case thou if I was attacked!). I dont like trying to fly (since I crashed one time and it hurt!). I tend to just walk in my LDs (unless I want to hitch a ride on a car roof to try car surf which I choose to do not long ago in a LD).

I can change a DC into something completely different.. did that once to get rid of something in a LD which was scaring me (in middle of ocean in a rowboat with a hostile demon DC..so I did change him!). So I know I can do this and have no need to do it again (so it isnt a common experience for me).

I usually do have people in my LDs 70-80% of the time but usually strangers (who I either choose to talk to or just ignore and explore my dream or do one of my dream challenges). Its very very rare that I have someone I know in a LD unless I consciously bring someone I know into my LD.

My most common LD experience is to either talk to a stranger DC and try to find out about them.. or to go and do one of my LD challenges (whichever one seems to fit the dream better that Ive found myself in) eg if Ive found myself at the beach, I may choose to go and explore the ocean floor and hunt for strange sealife or something like that.

Im always in different places in my LDs, hardly ever find myself at the same place so dont even have any common places eg I can find myself in a park, at the beach, at the swimming pool, in a hall I dont know, outside in a yard I dont know... its sooo random for me. Makes my LDs all the more interesting when I do WILD as I never know where Im going to find myself.

The things on your list.. it all depends on what people are into and if they arent into those things.. why would they be common experiences people can vote on? I think the want for an "other" option to your poll has shown that. Its a novice belief that everyone is choosing commonly to do those things you mention in a LD. There is unlimited other things which people may commonly be doing eg sex would be a big one (much like real life!).

Ive never tried to shapeshift my own dream body!! Its one of the things on my LD challenge list but I never get around to trying to do it as Im always busy doing other of my challenges or exploring. Ive spent much of my past year of LDs, trying to find a reincurring DC without any luck.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 23 Mar 2014 23:52

Hmmm... I dont do much of these "often" I like fighting and exploring! They are the best. New worlds are so intriguing and dream character friends are fun!

Return to “For Beginners”