Does anything happen to you if you tell a lie in a LD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
taniaaust1

Does anything happen to you if you tell a lie in a LD?

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Jan 2014 13:13

Anothers post just made me think of a past LD experience I had. In which I lied to a DC in a dream and my nose grew (just like pinoccino thou I hadnt thought of that). I ended up getting stuck in a door cause it shut on my nose. (In real life I really have a thing against lying so I dont know if that is why I got such a bad reaction when I told one in the dream as I know it was just a DC I was telling it too).

Anyway..I'm wanting to hear from others. What happens to you if anything.. if you tell lies in your LDs? Has anyone else had anything strange happen with that?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

erichsa

Re: Does anything happen to you if you tell a lie in a LD?

Postby erichsa » 26 Jan 2014 12:14

In all my dreams I cant remember ever having told a lie, and I talk a lot with dream characters. For me it is such a foreign thought that I am looking forward to see what members have to say. :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Jan 2014 18:04

I don't lie in lucid dreams. Sometimes I try to hide my emotions from Dream Characters, but they see right through it. It's impossible to lie and get away with it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 26 Jan 2014 22:59

If you look at what is the opposite to a lie, that is the truth..or real? Lucid dreaming, by it's very nature, is lying... :? :D or at least 'made up'. I would imagine the nose growing scenario is to do with your own sense of ethics regarding lying...I love that Pinocio scene...I've never told what i thought to be a lie...but while i was flying across the woods carrying a dog on Friday night, I was surely lying? Or maybe the dog was? :D It open's up an interesting question on ethics and dreaming though....

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 30 Jan 2014 11:13

TillyPink
If you look at what is the opposite to a lie, that is the truth..or real? Lucid dreaming, by it's very nature, is lying... :? :D or at least 'made up'. I would imagine the nose growing scenario is to do with your own sense of ethics regarding lying...I love that Pinocio scene...I've never told what i thought to be a lie...but while i was flying across the woods carrying a dog on Friday night, I was surely lying? Or maybe the dog was? :D It open's up an interesting question on ethics and dreaming though....
TillyPink Posts: 54Joined: 07 Nov 2013 22:57

I wonder why nobody has replied to TillyPink. She is saying that all dreamers are lying. I must say her and my understanding about lying are 100% apart. My question is: Have you ever told a deliberate lie in your dreams? For me it seems impossible, but what about you? Do you know that it is possible? :)

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 30 Jan 2014 14:24

erichsa wrote:TillyPink
TillyPink Posts: 54Joined: 07 Nov 2013 22:57

I wonder why nobody has replied to TillyPink. She is saying that all dreamers are lying. I must say her and my understanding about lying are 100% apart. My question is: Have you ever told a deliberate lie in your dreams? For me it seems impossible, but what about you? Do you know that it is possible? :)

I was questioning the concept of truth. And the real. The imagined. The made up. As i thought taniaaust1 opened up a really great question about ethics. The deliberate lie caused her nose to grow, like Pinoccio, which i found really interesting! And HAGART also talked about hiding feelings from DC's saying they could 'see straight through them'. But the whole tapestry of dream is made up of....made up stuff...being lucid allows us to question that while our disbelief is suspended as we explore the territory. I'm wondering how you can really tell a deliberate lie in a tapestry that is woven out of something already made up? The consequences of telling a lie made up in a made up place can only be based on your own sense of ethics...this made up place, i know is also a creative place to explore our truths, these are all fascinating polarisations.

But i hope in didn't offend anyone. Sorry if i did... :roll:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Jan 2014 16:11

I agree. A dream is a big fat lie in a way. A made up hallucination if you will.
So why would we feel guilty about lying in a dream?

The answer is because we KNOW we are lying and one cannot lie to oneself. It's an oxymoron.
We can put on a false facade for others in public when awake, but you can't trick anybody or yourself in a lucid dream. You can't fool yourself when you know you are trying to fool yourself.

No need to feel guilty, but it's an impossible feat by it's very nature.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”