Dodging bullets? Sure, why not.

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Clair

Dodging bullets? Sure, why not.

Postby Clair » 30 Jan 2014 21:37

I've been having some pretty intense fight scenes in my dreams for the past 6 months or so. They aren't scary at all, I've been lucid in all of them, and I always win the fights. In the first one I was in a knife fight against like 3-4 guys. I knew the "boss" was going to throw his blade at me and I would just deflect it with mine, game over. I've overcome intruders in my home and disarmed gunmen while lucid. In the coolest one I was being shot at but I was able to move around the bullets from maybe 15 feet away. Everything was in super-slow motion. The gunman asked me how come he missed me and my response was "Because I can bend time."

Why would I respond like that if "time" does not exist in dreams? And why the heck am I fighting in so many dreams? Am I watching too much "Dexter" before bed or am I fighting some part of myself?

taniaaust1

Re: Dodging bullets? Sure, why not.

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2014 12:01

Fighting dreams tend to indicate that you are having some battles/fights (usually not literally) in life with someone or with yourself. If your case I think this dream is indicating self battles eg "I've overcome intruders in my home".. Your home represents you and your body... yourself.

The gunman asked me how come he missed me and my response was "Because I can bend time."

Think about what happens if time is bent, you then are looking at the past. So comment could be a reference to the past and its memories.. and how our past, helps keep us from making the same mistakes in life. We learn thou things learnt in time and this knowledge keeps us safe and keeps our lives flowing better (so we arent hurt in battles one could say).

Im not sure if Im expressing how I understand this well.. Hopefully you will understand what Im trying to say.

Its only the subconscious manifestations in a LD which should be looked at symbolism wise as the other stuff one creates with the normal waking mind may not hold much meaning to the subconciousness, not necessarily any more then then your waking actions in daily life. Its usuallly better to try to deciper non lucids due to contamination of the waking mind (unless you try to decipher a LD while in the dream still, then you may get some answers you do not usually get)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 21 Mar 2014 03:38

Perhaps the dream character's statement that "You can bend time" means that dreams and imagination present opportunities for evoking and playing with new "possible selves" and novel ways of reacting and creating.

Clair

Postby Clair » 28 Aug 2014 06:03

Thank you for the insight!

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 02 Sep 2014 21:05

Have you seen the matrix? Because slowing time and bullet dodging is exactly what neo does XD

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 08 Sep 2014 07:38

Dreams are meaningless bi products of the evolution of sleep and consciousness.

They likely have no adaptive function. No need to interpret them.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Sep 2014 08:17

LucidityMaster wrote:Dreams are meaningless bi products of the evolution of sleep and consciousness.

They likely have no adaptive function. No need to interpret them.

That's your thought. I get lots of useful info on things about myself and others at times due to understanding dream symbols. One can learn a lot throu this esp when it comes to learning about oneself. Your subconciousness carries the answers of so many different things inside of it.

One can usually learn more about oneself throu ones own dreams then going and seeing a psychologist.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Interpretation”