Lucid Dream or OBE?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Lucid Dream or OBE

Lucid Dream
50%
OBE
50%

Total votes: 4

clarosee

Lucid Dream or OBE?

Postby clarosee » 02 Feb 2014 04:02

I was taking an afternoon nap when I looked at my watch and realized it was unreadable. I then closed my eyes, still laying on my couch, and felt myself drifting across the room. I was surrounded by incredibly powerful sensations and sounds. I one point I was hearing sounds of water, if that makes sense. I stood up and tried to walk but there was a strong force trying to hold me back. Eventually I was able to walk out of my house but I was so excited and was moving so quickly that everything was unfocused and blurry.
The thing that makes me feel as if it was an OBE is that I was aware of my physical body and I also couldn't see my own body (eg arms and hands)
What do you guys think?
This is my first post btw :)

clarosee

Re: Lucid Dream or OBE?

Postby clarosee » 03 Feb 2014 03:02

Anyone?

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 03 Feb 2014 04:02

OBE = Dream, so idk
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 03 Feb 2014 04:42

Some OBE are certainly dreams other may or may not be, but what you had was not an OBE. You were in a vanilla Rem dream state, so if you knew you were dreaming you had a lucid dream. Does sound more like a semi-lucid dream as you felt awake, but were uncertain whether or not you were dreaming.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Feb 2014 08:27

It was an OBE. :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

clarosee

Postby clarosee » 03 Feb 2014 13:01

Thanks for all the input guys!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”