Forgetting Lucid Dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Re: Forgetting Lucid Dreams

Postby HAGART » 03 Feb 2014 23:25

I questioned a dream character's existence and wrote about it in the Dream Character section:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13164
(To add to it I will just say, "If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck....." (Think about it) 8-)

And I still entertain the idea that I myself am just a dream character too no less than the others I perceive. I asked one once if they knew what a dream character was and they said yes. I then asked if I myself was a dream character and they said, yes! :o (This is all just anecdotal and dreams tend to convey what we are already thinking, but it's fun to get deep and take a break from 'skateboarding' :oops: ).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 04 Feb 2014 00:46

haha the very nature of dreaming is deep so no getting away from that....but then so is skateboarding...a primal drive that very literally defines our existence...so no need to blush...Freud didn't...but then i don't think that guy ever really learned the art of skateboarding...

Funny i felt quite emotional when you said about the DC turning away and morphing...someone on that post mentioned something about reunion...perhaps out of context it makes me think of reunion with an aspect of ourselves...i still cling to a little 7 year old girl clinging to a toy cat looking out of the window wondering if she never woke up from her waking dream the night before....where is she? Such a prominent part of my life discovery lost in time and yet she taught me so much! I guess the privilege of LD'ing is that we can have that lucid meeting. To engage in that way. And the trick is to learn the curv and not buy into the dream but allow it to expand more creative engagements. For what reason?...I do not know...but it feels like a vital part of life now. :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Feb 2014 02:35

Lucid dreams unlock deep emotions so they're cathartic. If that's the only purpose then it's good enough for me. (We'll have to talk about the 7 year old girl sometime)

TillyPink wrote:Funny i felt quite emotional when you said about the DC turning away and morphing

I didn't mention it, but I too was emotional. It was like seeing someone you love die and trying to revive them, but they slipped away. It's hard to put into words, but it was an Oscar Winning Dream! :lol: 8-) I was certainly moved by it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”