Why are they scared of me finding out?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Re: Why are they scared of me finding out?

Postby HAGART » 12 Jan 2012 22:49

Snaggle wrote:One will always have lucid nightmares when doing WILDs as one has an alternation of dreams and nightmares every night one goes through the full sleep process

Snaggle:

I've read some other posts of yours, and I get the impression that you have a Wake Induced Lucid Dream, from the very start of the sleep process and are conscious the whole way through. At least, for 2 years if I remember correctly. I don't know for sure, but that is what I gathered. Forgive and inform me if I am wrong. And that after a night like that, you were not as 'rested'.

For me, I have never had a lucid dream at the onset of sleep. I have always gone to sleep for several hours first, (what I am finding out now is called, 'restorative' sleep, which is a good name for it), and then I have a bunch of dreams, some lucid. During the first sleep period I sometimes toss and turn, and wake up with the feeling that something will never be resolved. I never remember what, but it is always a tug 'o war between two things. And when I wake up, i can't remember exactly what the dilemma was. I have a theory about this phase, but that should be a new topic.

But if I was lucid and aware during it, I would find in unnerving. It would be a nightmare.

I had some night terrors as a child and they always happened in this phase. Is it possible that being lucid during the 'restorative' sleep phase can become a nightmare with in it, or perhaps later because the process didn't fully 'sort the brain out'? ('the brain sorting phase' - i think I've heard that term)

Or I have no idea what I am talking about.... I don't care, but want to hear your thoughts, and others, about it.

I am curious, so I question.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Jan 2012 23:24

I can WILD on going to bed at night in the first sleep phase, in the early hours and sometimes in the after noon as well. I also have dry times when I just cant so its not a given at any time that I will WILD, DILD, OBE or even recall a dream.

What used to be a nightmare on going to sleep in now just a part of the process and not always there anyway (SP) The dreams themselves are good, bad, happy and warm and terrifing at times. But all this is in differant ways as the years go on. We are all differant and will deal with beliefs and bad dreams in differant ways. I personally like them as in hindsight they teach me and each time I move past a nightmare or some type I am further into the ream that I am exporing
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Jan 2012 02:48

Peter wrote:What used to be a nightmare on going to sleep in now just a part of the process and not always there anyway (SP)

Does (SP) = Sleep Paralysis?

Because I am well acquainted with that. And I have never felt so much fear in my life, especially when 'the shadow at the foot of my bed' started to touch me with it's tendrils. I'm gonna write about it in a different topic.

But long story short, I knew it was just fear incarnate and it was a hallucination and the only way to conquer it was to love and befriend it. When I finally did, (after a few sleepless nights with a night light on), I never felt so much love! That's a really short story of it...

And now, I am accustomed to it and don't wake up. The buzzing sound, vibrations, ringing in the ears, sometimes it feels like a person just sat in bed with you, the sinking feeling, bed sheets getting pulled off, bed sheets 'shrink wrapping", an entity just sat on you, someone banging on the door of my room... Whenever I woke up during that, it was a false awakening and I was in bed, unable to move with 'the shadow". Now, I let it happen without getting spooked and waking up. So far it has led to a few successful lucid dreams and a few duds.

But the successful dreams were a bit different than other lucid dreams that I get when in a dream and have the 'ahah' moment. There was more detail, more sense of 'being there', the colors seemed more real, not hyper-colored, but like the light we see in our waking lives, and the vast scope of the 'world' was greater. I wonder if they are WILDs. Although not wake induced, I was almost awake from a previous lucid dream. They always happened after a lucid dream when I just sit and wait and refuse to wake up.

I feel like I need a way to end this message, but I don't have one. So this is it! :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Jan 2012 03:20

I had all of the above and years before I had the net so used to struggle out of it and try to smash whatever it was, when that didnt work I used to sleep withut bedsheets to show that I was not scared (I was really scared but need to do these things) it was worse uncovered and I suspect that the cooler you are the more likely you will be to experiance SP (yes sleep paralysis)

It was years before I got over it and not sometimes I get SP as part of an WILD entry, I also suspect that some of the terrors in a LD that are more feelings of be pulled to bits from the inside are SP within the dream and again am past that one as well. Even with years of experiance there are times when I think WTF just happened and wake up in a panic of sweat, then I am sad at the missed opp to extend my understanding of the dream world.

As for WILD DILD I think to much time is spent on what is better or considered best etc, any way that works for you is the best way and being in the dream world is all that matters

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 14 Jan 2012 13:39

HAGART wrote:
Snaggle:

I've read some other posts of yours, and I get the impression that you have a Wake Induced Lucid Dream, from the very start of the sleep process and are conscious the whole way through...And that after a night like that, you were not as 'rested'.

I was rested it I just slept longer than normal to be rested. Yes, I remain conscious/lucid through out the sleep process.

.HAGART wrote:.. I have a bunch of dreams, some lucid. During the first sleep period I sometimes toss and turn, and wake up with the feeling that something will never be resolved. I never remember what, but it is always a tug 'o war between two things. And when I wake up, i can't remember exactly what the dilemma was. I have a theory about this phase, but that should be a new topic.

But if I was lucid and aware during it, I would find in unnerving. It would be a nightmare.

I had some night terrors as a child and they always happened in this phase. Is it possible that being lucid during the 'restorative' sleep phase can become a nightmare with in it, or perhaps later because the process didn't fully 'sort the brain out'? ('the brain sorting phase' - i think I've heard that term)

I am curious, so I question.

Hagart nightmares are often incubated while awake. When first getting dream images I often have a choice like at a library where I can pick a single dream out like picking a book off the shelves, though all the dreams are intuitive impressions rather than things one sees, even when this is not the case one can end the images by opening ones eyes and start over. NREM dreams are normally dreams rather than nightmares. After the transition into rem I normally start with dreams and then have nightmares, then transition back to dreams or more rarely nightmares before waking up.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

fistania

Postby fistania » 16 Jan 2012 02:06

dream characters has various responses, sometimes unexpectedly. one can be sad knowing you're thinking he's not real, one can be furious and doesn't accept it, one can be as excited as you are, one can even happy that you realize you're dreaming, and so on.

not all dream characters are like that, it's just that they respond differently

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 22 Jan 2012 07:15

Gooeymaw wrote:I never had an argument with another dream character about the reality of dream before. It sounds awesome! I wouldn't worry about taking it a step further. I think you're going to have to, anyway if you want to develop your lucid dreaming skills. Nightmares are just part of the territory.

Last night I had my first lucid dream, and towards the end I met up with my dad. Heres how it went. "Dad, guess what!?" "What?" he says. "I'm dreaming!!". He gives me a wierd look and then tries to explain to me that I am not dreaming because... (gives logical reasoning). I had to think hard if I was really asleep dreaming or if I was awake being stupid. I looked at my hands and saw blurry ten finger left hand and blurry 3 finger right hand. Why did he deceive me? I know not. But it was hilarious.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”