Hello, all!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

Hello, all!

Postby TheAlienBanana » 07 Feb 2014 02:42

Hi there everyone! I'm a sixteen year old guy from America who's never had a lucid dream, but has wanted to ever since I first heard about it. (Who wouldn't?) This site's articles have really opened my eyes to the true possibilities of lucid dreaming, and done a great job of clearly explaining how it works and how I can do it. Even though I haven't had one yet, I've been trying for about two weeks and I feel like I must be getting close.

As an artist and an aspiring animator, I've always been fascinated with creating and seeing new things, especially those that could never happen in reality. I also enjoy learning about the complexity and incredible ability of the human mind. It's truly a wonder of God's creation, and I want to use mine to it's fullest potential. So naturally, when I heard about Lucid Dreaming, something that combines these two things in an amazing way, I got super excited and I still am.

I think that may be part of my problem, though. I think I might be TOO excited. Whenever I try MILD and I get to the point where I need to visualize my dream, my brain just keeps on visualizing consciously and I never end up falling asleep until I force myself to focus on something besides dreaming. As for WILD, I don't know if I'm ready to try something that advanced quite yet.

The other problem I think I may be having is my reality checks. For a while I just tried to push my hands through each other, but people starting asking me why the heck I was doing that all the time, and while I was eager to tell them the answer, I think they started questioning my sanity. So I've moved on to something a little more inconspicuous, but possibly even more improbable: I try to make a little fireball appear from out of my palm and let it float above my hand. I'm just curious to see what some veteran dreamers' thoughts are on this check. I came up with it myself, so I don't know if it's worked for anyone else or whether it'll work at all. What do you guys think?

Either way, I'm going to keep up my efforts until I can lucid dream as much as possible. Wish me luck, and thanks for reading!

Re: Hello, all!

Postby HAGART » 07 Feb 2014 23:31

TheAlienBanana wrote:I try to make a little fireball appear from out of my palm and let it float above my hand.

This could work, but it may not be what you expect. It may appear to be light and nothing more. But any anomaly can be the trigger. I say keep doing it. It's already seeded in your subconscious and you should hopefully remember doing it in a dream. It just may not be a fireball persay, but attempting that in a lucid dream will create something out of the ordinary for you to recognize and that's the key.

I've been pondering this: What does an alien banana look like and how is it different than a terrestrial one?
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”