Singing your own songs in your dreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Highlander

Singing your own songs in your dreams

Postby Highlander » 08 Feb 2014 23:44

I found music to have an important part in lucid dreaming. I experienced some good things that i want to share with you.
This one is for the musicians, for you that compose your own music. I am a musician and i love to compose and record some soundtrack, new age, ambient music on my keyboard (along with other genres). Sometimes, when i become lucid, i start to sing the notes of my songs... and it's unbelievable what i hear. First i hear the sound of my voice singing, then more instruments start to appear and, seconds later i hear my song accompanied with a full piece orchestra and choral voices. It's so beautiful. It's like i was listening to my music as i really wanted it to be if i had the opportunity to record a really professional album with all the real instruments i want.
Yesterday i was singing a music of mine, then i even added some heavy metal guitars with my mind and it was awesome.

So, my idea for a task to you, musician and lucid dreaming, is to try to sing your songs on your dreams. You'll be amazed of the ideas and the new sounds that will be on your music piece. Do it and then tell me what you've experienced.

HAGART

Re: Singing your own songs in your dreams

Postby HAGART » 09 Feb 2014 20:45

I'm not a musician, at least I don't try to be, but sometimes when I'm bored I'll compose by own drum beats in my head and add some bass guitar to it.

In a few lucid dreams I have done the same. The thing about a lucid dream is that when I make the drum beat up, I can stop thinking about it and the beat continues on it's own. Then I can add another layer with guitar and sometimes even some brass instruments. I become my own DJ and keep adding layers to the song. Then as I'm running I'll hear the music start to increase in tempo and then if I jump it will match my actions perfectly like a crescendo.

It's always the best music I have ever heard at the time, but I can't remember it after waking up!
But you can certainly create your own 'soundtrack' for a lucid dream and it starts to play on it's own, as vivid as real music, without you continually making it up.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 09 Feb 2014 20:54

Yes, Hagart, i already do it. Off course, i have to start the song, but then i can "shut up" and hear the song playing.
Sometimes i continue to sing just to stabilize the dream. And because i like to add sounds at my own pleasure.

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 11 Feb 2014 22:39

Highlander i read this the other day and had to come back to it...how wonderful!! Have you ever composed from scratch in your dream too? My dad's a composer and doesn't lucid dream (or bother to) but numerous amounts of times will play a piece on his piano and say, 'I dreamt that at 2.00 this morning!' It's a hub of creativity down there. I have on my list 'Play flute' and I did for the first time the other night (i am learning). Thing is, i was highly lucid and on picking my flute up, I realised quickly the instrument didn't matter and soon put it down and yes, weirdly carried on playing it without holding it...it felt uncomfortable as it took the illusion of the dream away and I had a moment where i felt self conscious in my dream! Have also had a complete sound track, lyrics and all, playing as background music during the brief entrance to a WILD and on waking was just astounded as to how articulate our subconscious is. It was completely made up.

Highlander what will be amazing will be when you release your album full of songs fully composed in lucid dreams!

I would like to sing in my dreams...on my list...so i will take heed of this and sing with the hope that i can create full appropriate backing to my voice. :D Worth a try.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 11 Feb 2014 23:06

TillyPink wrote:Have you ever composed from scratch in your dream too?

Not the entire song, but the general idea and the most important part of it yes, i composed it on my dreams a couple of times.

TillyPink wrote:Highlander what will be amazing will be when you release your album full of songs fully composed in lucid dreams!

That would be amazing, yes. :)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”