Music as a means of stabilizing and travelling in the dream

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Highlander

Music as a means of stabilizing and travelling in the dream

Postby Highlander » 08 Feb 2014 23:58

I have found some benefits of music in the dreams.
One of the things i found is that singing makes you stabilize the dream. Whenever i see that the dream is fading, sometimes i rub my hands, or touch stuff to stabilize and sometimes i just sing. This singing does the trick very well. The dream comes back and while you are singing, you are entirely inside the dream and you will continue your lucid experience.

Another thing i found is that the lyrics and the right song can make you go places. If you want to fly, try to sing a song about flying. If you want to go to space, try to sing a song about space. For me it works.
For example, sing "Man on the moon" by REM and you will go to the moon. Or "Alexander the great" by Iron Maiden and you will go to that time and place.
This is kinda new to me as i'm discovering it, but sometimes it works great. I believe that the right song, the right lyrics and great intention will have you dream great experiences.

JonSnowLD

Re: Music as a means of stabilizing and travelling in the dr

Postby JonSnowLD » 12 Feb 2014 23:19

I'll have to try that sometime! Music is my interest so this could be my way of bridging it and LDs together! My experiences of playing my saxophone in dreams that aren't lucid have always ended badly-I always make so many mistakes and it can feel embarrassing if it's a concert or something! XD

'Spanish castle magic' by Hendrix could be really cool to sing in that case-a flight by dragonfly if you know the song ;) I can imagine hotel California being a bit freaky though-not sure I'd want to go there ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 12 Feb 2014 23:28

A song that i use to sing that takes me travelling to space in my dreams is the opening theme song from the animated series "Once upon a time... space", a series from my childhood that got stuck in my mind.
I sing it in portuguese, because i'm from Portugal.

Here's the english version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN2wLbNYnHI

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Mar 2014 10:53

Hi, yours is the first post Ive even seen about this. I too have used music eg singing while in a dream to help stabilise me in a dream and it worked well. I also use singing at times to help me remember things Im worried I'll forget while dreaming.. so will make up songs about them while Im going about the LD. My favourite memory song is "The 12 days of xmas" but I'll add in the items Ive seen in the dream which I want to clearly remember.

thanks.. Ive never thought to use singing as a way to travel somewhere before, I'll give that a go.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”