Am I getting close!?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
AstronautStatus

Am I getting close!?

Postby AstronautStatus » 08 Feb 2014 14:59

I'm so excited about the concept of lucid dreaming, as are most people. Mainly because I want to experience new things, sensations and use them to answer any questions I may have. I've been working so hard, I'm so dedicated to reaching lucidity and currently attempt MILD (afraid of the Sleep Paralysis hallucinations, atleast for now.)

I remember dreams daily, normally 2-3 and have them all inside my journal. I only have around a weeks worth of dreams recorded yet I think I nearly hit the spot last night. For any of you who have played the game "FIFA" you will know on Ultimate Team you can buy packs. I bought a pack and got an extremely rare player, yet I didn't get excited... In my head I knew it was a dream and I'd wake up, I wouldn't really achieve this player. Am I close to becoming lucid? I subconsciously knew I was dreaming but didn't trigger a reality check! Either way I'm eager to carry on, even with the disappointment of feeling so close.

Also I never play FIFA, so I have no reason of why I dreamt of it. Is it just a random dream from my past days of playing the game or is there some reason for this?

torakrubik

Re: Am I getting close!?

Postby torakrubik » 09 Feb 2014 03:29

Sounds like you were pretty much there, in the 'semi-lucid' state. You seemed to be aware that what you were experiencing wasn't real, but didn't quite 'push through' to act upon this. In terms of the definition, I'd say that yes, you were lucid dreaming if only for an instant.

I doubt there was any particular reason why you dreamt about FIFA. Whilst it's true that, generally, we are more likely to dream about things that occupy our thoughts in waking reality, often we dream about seemingly random events!
Dreaming is my drug

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 09 Feb 2014 12:22

Happend to me a few times that I knew something wasn't real and I couldn't think further...

But you ae on the right way, gaining lucid dreams are not easy to get and you just keep getting closer and closer.

Keep up the harx work and it will work for you.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

AstronautStatus

Postby AstronautStatus » 09 Feb 2014 15:36

Thanks for the replies, I'll continue my work!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”