Becoming More Aware, But not quite lucid yet

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lil Fav

Becoming More Aware, But not quite lucid yet

Postby Lil Fav » 09 Feb 2014 07:26

Ive noticed lately that my dream recall and awareness have went up, but I still cant seem to be able to achieve full lucidity and realize that i am dreaming, its like something is blocking me , its getting really frustrating.

MAKER

Re: Becoming More Aware, But not quite lucid yet

Postby MAKER » 09 Feb 2014 08:17

I can relate, as I'm sure all LDers can. I've been a self-proclaimed oneironaut for a little over two years now, and my LD's are still sporadic. I went all of December and most of January without one even semi-lucid dream, so you aren't alone :) .

HeadlessScorpio

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 13 Mar 2014 01:42

Don't get frustrated. That's one of the worst mistakes. Dreams are based of the mind and your emotions so if you believe you can you probably can :lol: .
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Mar 2014 02:56

For every fully lucid dream I get, there are 9 others that are 'semi-lucid'. I control the dream, but don't fully awaken and have that Eureka, 'Ah-ha!' moment.

And I still get many more non-lucid dreams than lucid ones.

But it's important not to get frustrated and enjoy dreams regardless. Lucidity is bound to happen on its own if you simply do that. But some of my non-lucid ones have actually been greater and blow the short lucid ones out of the water!

Simply enjoy dreams, and it's not a competition, so don't compare yourself to others.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Mar 2014 02:45

If you are really stuck on gaining awareness when you are lucid.. you may consider instead trying the WILD method so you dont really loose your awareness to start with.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”