Dream challenge/experiment of the week

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Jackson

Dream challenge/experiment of the week

Postby Jackson » 09 Feb 2014 06:53

Hello. So here's the place where every week a new dream goal is set and you guys tell everyone else about what your experience was, how you did it and did you enjoy it. Also, I want to try to keep the dream goal to be more like an experiment, whether it be thought or in the dream and try to stay from suggestions like "eat as many tacos as you can before the dream ends"

Anyway, the first ever weekly dream goal is; Attempt to find a puddle of water, or a mirror (preferably outdoors) and gaze into it. Let yourself become absorbed in the reflection you see therein and then turn your gaze towards yourself and then...... talk to your reflection and ask it questions about yourself.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

MAKER

Re: Dream challenge/experiment of the week

Postby MAKER » 09 Feb 2014 08:25

I'm going to try this challenge/experiment this week! Any thoughts on the questions to be asked? I think it'd be cool if those who participate had a shared set of questions to see the varied responses. Maybe a "what is the essence of my being?"

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 10 Feb 2014 00:20

MAKER wrote:I'm going to try this challenge/experiment this week! Any thoughts on the questions to be asked? I think it'd be cool if those who participate had a shared set of questions to see the varied responses. Maybe a "what is the essence of my being?"

Wow, what an interesting question. I always like to ask things in my dream questions like that and other thought-provoking ones. Anyone else have any ideas? Here's my contribution; What does being human mean?, what are dreams/ where are we really? (what is dreamland).

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Feb 2014 01:42

Let me spice this up: before you try this you must watch Mirrors. Hehehe...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 10 Feb 2014 03:43

Haha! That movie would prime the subconscious for a wild ride!

I'm going to try my MDILD technique (McDonald's Induced LD :D ) tomorrow for a late morning nap...I've been sleep deprived all weekend, so my body should be craving a heaping pile of REM sleep.

I'm also going to add "what is the nature of reality?" to the list of questions I'll ask. I like the what does being human mean!

What if we all get the same answer?! ... :shock:

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 11 Feb 2014 00:12

I DID IT!!!

Ok, so I had a DILD without a RC. It started off as a regular dream, with some dream church people chasing me, including my ex-gf. I had broken out a window to escape, but they started chasing me in cars. I hopped onto a fruit stand truck that an older, heavier, Mexican lady was driving. Then I became lucid. I forced the people's jeep (the one that was chasing me) to stop instantly. It started to move again, and I had lost my dream powers...But then I yelled, this is my dream, and thought to myself to give more focus...I did, and I stopped it again. I thought about throwing the Jeep somewhere, but the man (an older Native American) driving said something to me that made me feel like an idiot. He said, "We aren't here to harm you. You have realized that you are dreaming, but you haven't realized that we are your subconscious, so you still fight us." I said, "so you're here to help me solve an issue in my subconscious?" He smiled and nodded and I felt like I had missed a chance for inner healing, but then I remembered the experiment (which was the whole purpose behind my nap in the first place).

First thing I ran to a mirror, and my face looked like it was squashed, almost semi-down syndrome crossed with the comedian Pat Oswald. It morphed into different people throughout the dream, and each time that it did, my voice and even way of moving tongue, and even way I swallowed would change. Once I was an Australian teen with medium-long blonde hair, and a rocker looking guy with a British-ish accent. But here's the kicker, I asked what is the essence of my being? What does it mean to be a spiritual being, what does it mean to be human...over and over with no answer! I wouldn't answer myself, but...

I remembered the hand phone trick, made my hand into a phone shape, put up to the wall (as if it had been hung up on a receiver), and then held it to my ear...and at first no one picked up. I asked over and over the same questions, but still no response. But then a weird tone came across, almost like it had been connected. I asked, what is the essence of my being. A very calm, male voice came across and said,

Voice: All I can tell you is that things are going to get much better for you very soon.
Me: Well, I don't really care about for me, what about everyone else?
V: What about everyone else?
Me: With all the suffering in the world, all the famine with abundance, the situations with the world governments, no clean water, famine and disease, global poverty, there has to be something we can do.
V: they will be fine. (But intuitively it came across as they were not suffering, or to not worry about their suffering)
M: Have you forgotten what it was like to be human?
V: *Laughter*
M: Were you ever human? Are you a spiritual being? Am I a spiritual being?
Then the phone made that sound again...
M: Hello? Hello? Wait, you didn't answer my question! (I was panicked, the dream had been fading ever since I had become lucid and I had been spinning and clapping my hands almost constantly) God? (Yea, I even had the thought that maybe it had been god talking over the phone, or well, maybe it was wishful thinking) Please, whoever this is, I would like more answers. At least to one, I'm doing this as an experiment with a friend. (Yea, Jackson, you're considered a friend in my dreamland :D )
I received no response, that voice was gone.

My dog ran into the room I was in, which started off as a bathroom, then changed into a bedroom. I pet her, and it felt so real, I wondered if she had jumped on my bed in the waking world (turned out she's still sleeping haha). The dream faded to black, and I instantly picked up my computer for this writing. I'm very stoked, but a little disappointed I received no solid answer.

BTW, for further detail, I used a total of 3 mirrors. At one time, I looked into two of them at once (turning my head for each). In one, I was normal, and in the other, I looked like the squashed face guy I mentioned earlier.

WTH does "things will be getting much better for you very soon" mean?! It has to mean something in light of that question. And why would he laugh about my caring for others suffering? (even though technically he laughed at me asking if he forgot what it was like to be a human) My situation is pretty good right now, goals and life are all on track. I literally couldn't complain, other than the shape of the world. I'm kind of a hippie at heart and believe that everyone should have basic needs taken care of (IE food, clean water, shelter, human interaction, and clean air)...and the world at present is not only opposite of that, but opposed to it for the most part :( .

Sorry this is long, and may seem rushed. I literally just woke up out of this and wanted to get it all down before I forgot any details.

I was expecting more answers, and I really expected them to come from my mirror image...but it came from a very calm voice. And he didn't answer me directly! But regardless, still an amazing experience.

Anyone feel free to add an interpretation to help my perception and digestion of the dialogue.

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 15 Feb 2014 16:01

I finally DID IT!

This lucid dream happened about 7 hours after falling asleep and after being sleep deprived from the week. I entered the dream via WILD and this is what happened :O

I am in my school gym, and there are zombies who are my classmates who are runnning around, trying to kill/eat everybody. This part is not that important, but the whole time I was thinking, "Gotta get out, gotta go ask those questions", but I continued to run away from the zomies. At one point, I had tons of them on me, and I was constantly trying to bat them away, but more kept coming. I was on the ground, frantically crawling backward, when I remembered/ had a premonition about what was going to happen, and I knew that one of them was going to bite off my ear. But somehow I managed to get away with the help of one of the few survivors. As soon as I was up I yelled "That is enough!" and everyone frozr including the zombies froze and I walked out the door of my gym to the outside.

When I got outside, I saw to my right, snow banks streching as far as I could see, up ahead, the same thing, and to my left, I saw a summer version of Main Street (I willl refer to it as this instead of its actual name :D) and so I took that path. I saw slightly up ahead and to my right a couple of large trees which exsist in the waking realm providing shade. I continued to walk straight however and I focused on the row of buildings up ahead. I picked one and imagined that there was a mirror in it, slightly to the right of the entrance, and I made myself truly believe it. Then, instead of crossing the street or flying over it, I decided to make the buliding come to me and sure enough there it was right in front of me. ( I follow the philosophy that in lucid dreams, whether you cross the road or the road crosses you is all based on your frame of reference (Einstein thought of this :) and that in lucid dreams you don't have to change your frame of reference to make one or the other seem true.)

When I stepped inside, I saw a couple of tables, DC's talking quietly at the table and a soft glow from an unknown source in the room. And sure enough there it was, the mirror. As I stepped up to the mirror, I felt an almost slowing down of time. When I looked in to the mirror, I was shocked. I immeaditately felt this massive, immense, vast presence looming over me ( sorry for the redundancy, I just really wanted to emphasize that this thing's presence was huge and expansive. Words only diminish it :| At first glance, this thing nearly knocked me straight out of the dream because it was so powerful. I took what I estimate to be about 20 seconds to recover after a lot of reality checking and hand rubbing. Finally, when I looked up I was more prepared and managed to stay focused on the mirror and I asked the question " What does being human mean" and here's the conversation I had (P= the presence thing) Note: P's voice was very low and powerful, reminded me of the guy from Saw's voice :D

P- *slight chuckle* The fantasy of the dreamer has no effect on the human being... *I don't remember the rest but it was something about fantasies, the human race and some "system"*

Me- Please clarify, I do not understand.

P- At the dawn of time, there was a stash. And when the WORLD began, that stash came to be. When TIME began, the stash was weak and small. And as time went on the stash grew in power. The stash could heal or kill. Open this stash indeed time would dawn again, and then only then could you answer that question. The stash is always open, but the human race has merely blocked thesmselves from it.

Me- How could you do this ?

*At this point the dreamscape swirls and the mirror is the center of this swirling and I feel like I go through a portal and end up on a narrow cliff which drops off to either side of me after about 20 meters. The ground of this place is covered in grass and shrubs and at the bottom of the cliff I can see a forest. Also the sky looks very beautiful and has tons of stars and from this point on I am on the ground rolling around to get to these glowing yellow questions. The cliff seems to slope gently downwards in the direction of the questions except I have to answer a question to get past it and get closer to the bottom of the cliff*

P- Let's play a game.

Me- NO! I do not have time for games!

P- *I feel enormous sense of dread* You WILL play the game.

Me- *swallow* OK

P- Very good. Now, what is ... *I forgot first question*

Me- *looking at options under glowing question* Is it ....?

P-Wrong

Me- Is it ...?

P- Wrong again.
*this continues until four guesses and then I get it right*

P- Question 2. What was the landscape from question 1?

Me- *looking at options which are cat, fish or three variations on a space-like stars everywhere landscape* That one. * I picked on of the three galaxie ones and got it wrong the first two times then right on the last guess*
Also, I heard my Mom's voice next to mine helping me out.

At this point the dream ended. Feel free to post what you think some of the things in this dream mean before I tell you what I think they were.

Sorry for the long post ;) and BTW what I saw in the mirror during the dream was ... nothing. I didn't see any reflection at all really, although at one point I saw myself, but it was like I was in a thousand different dimensions at once :O

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 17 Feb 2014 03:45

MAKER wrote:I DID IT!!!

Ok, so I had a DILD without a RC. It started off as a regular dream, with some dream church people chasing me, including my ex-gf. I had broken out a window to escape, but they started chasing me in cars. I hopped onto a fruit stand truck that an older, heavier, Mexican lady was driving. Then I became lucid. I forced the people's jeep (the one that was chasing me) to stop instantly. It started to move again, and I had lost my dream powers...But then I yelled, this is my dream, and thought to myself to give more focus...I did, and I stopped it again. I thought about throwing the Jeep somewhere, but the man (an older Native American) driving said something to me that made me feel like an idiot. He said, "We aren't here to harm you. You have realized that you are dreaming, but you haven't realized that we are your subconscious, so you still fight us." I said, "so you're here to help me solve an issue in my subconscious?" He smiled and nodded and I felt like I had missed a chance for inner healing, but then I remembered the experiment (which was the whole purpose behind my nap in the first place).

First thing I ran to a mirror, and my face looked like it was squashed, almost semi-down syndrome crossed with the comedian Pat Oswald. It morphed into different people throughout the dream, and each time that it did, my voice and even way of moving tongue, and even way I swallowed would change. Once I was an Australian teen with medium-long blonde hair, and a rocker looking guy with a British-ish accent. But here's the kicker, I asked what is the essence of my being? What does it mean to be a spiritual being, what does it mean to be human...over and over with no answer! I wouldn't answer myself, but...

I remembered the hand phone trick, made my hand into a phone shape, put up to the wall (as if it had been hung up on a receiver), and then held it to my ear...and at first no one picked up. I asked over and over the same questions, but still no response. But then a weird tone came across, almost like it had been connected. I asked, what is the essence of my being. A very calm, male voice came across and said,

Voice: All I can tell you is that things are going to get much better for you very soon.
Me: Well, I don't really care about for me, what about everyone else?
V: What about everyone else?
Me: With all the suffering in the world, all the famine with abundance, the situations with the world governments, no clean water, famine and disease, global poverty, there has to be something we can do.
V: they will be fine. (But intuitively it came across as they were not suffering, or to not worry about their suffering)
M: Have you forgotten what it was like to be human?
V: *Laughter*
M: Were you ever human? Are you a spiritual being? Am I a spiritual being?
Then the phone made that sound again...
M: Hello? Hello? Wait, you didn't answer my question! (I was panicked, the dream had been fading ever since I had become lucid and I had been spinning and clapping my hands almost constantly) God? (Yea, I even had the thought that maybe it had been god talking over the phone, or well, maybe it was wishful thinking) Please, whoever this is, I would like more answers. At least to one, I'm doing this as an experiment with a friend. (Yea, Jackson, you're considered a friend in my dreamland :D )
I received no response, that voice was gone.

My dog ran into the room I was in, which started off as a bathroom, then changed into a bedroom. I pet her, and it felt so real, I wondered if she had jumped on my bed in the waking world (turned out she's still sleeping haha). The dream faded to black, and I instantly picked up my computer for this writing. I'm very stoked, but a little disappointed I received no solid answer.

BTW, for further detail, I used a total of 3 mirrors. At one time, I looked into two of them at once (turning my head for each). In one, I was normal, and in the other, I looked like the squashed face guy I mentioned earlier.

WTH does "things will be getting much better for you very soon" mean?! It has to mean something in light of that question. And why would he laugh about my caring for others suffering? (even though technically he laughed at me asking if he forgot what it was like to be a human) My situation is pretty good right now, goals and life are all on track. I literally couldn't complain, other than the shape of the world. I'm kind of a hippie at heart and believe that everyone should have basic needs taken care of (IE food, clean water, shelter, human interaction, and clean air)...and the world at present is not only opposite of that, but opposed to it for the most part :( .

Sorry this is long, and may seem rushed. I literally just woke up out of this and wanted to get it all down before I forgot any details.

I was expecting more answers, and I really expected them to come from my mirror image...but it came from a very calm voice. And he didn't answer me directly! But regardless, still an amazing experience.

Anyone feel free to add an interpretation to help my perception and digestion of the dialogue.

Wow. I really don't know what to say. That sounds so incredible :D. I am not really good at interpreting dreams but perhaps this voice you heard, maybe it was some sort of representation of your unconcious desires. And perhaps that shifting of your appearance means that you are not really sure what you are or maybe that you are aware of how different people view you and that this constant change of your appearence in the mirror represents that. (which would be how see yourself and therefore your ego)

As to the voice perhaps this was who I refer to as "the awareness behind the dream" (ever read Robert Waggoner's book "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner-Self"?) which is basically your subconciousness or maybe even the intra conciousness:O (Also a concept refered to in Robert Waggoner's book and in one of my posts on this forum) Also maybe the fact that this voice was calm yet evasive maybe the part of yourself (and therefore your subconsious) that you dont like the part that lies, and has a silver tongue.

If this sounds confusing, sorry, I am no Freud or Jung :)) and this is a little bit rushed because I am very tired XD

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 17 Feb 2014 03:57

Jackson wrote:I finally DID IT!

This lucid dream happened about 7 hours after falling asleep and after being sleep deprived from the week. I entered the dream via WILD and this is what happened :O

I am in my school gym, and there are zombies who are my classmates who are runnning around, trying to kill/eat everybody. This part is not that important, but the whole time I was thinking, "Gotta get out, gotta go ask those questions", but I continued to run away from the zomies. At one point, I had tons of them on me, and I was constantly trying to bat them away, but more kept coming. I was on the ground, frantically crawling backward, when I remembered/ had a premonition about what was going to happen, and I knew that one of them was going to bite off my ear. But somehow I managed to get away with the help of one of the few survivors. As soon as I was up I yelled "That is enough!" and everyone frozr including the zombies froze and I walked out the door of my gym to the outside.

When I got outside, I saw to my right, snow banks streching as far as I could see, up ahead, the same thing, and to my left, I saw a summer version of Main Street (I willl refer to it as this instead of its actual name :D) and so I took that path. I saw slightly up ahead and to my right a couple of large trees which exsist in the waking realm providing shade. I continued to walk straight however and I focused on the row of buildings up ahead. I picked one and imagined that there was a mirror in it, slightly to the right of the entrance, and I made myself truly believe it. Then, instead of crossing the street or flying over it, I decided to make the buliding come to me and sure enough there it was right in front of me. ( I follow the philosophy that in lucid dreams, whether you cross the road or the road crosses you is all based on your frame of reference (Einstein thought of this :) and that in lucid dreams you don't have to change your frame of reference to make one or the other seem true.)

When I stepped inside, I saw a couple of tables, DC's talking quietly at the table and a soft glow from an unknown source in the room. And sure enough there it was, the mirror. As I stepped up to the mirror, I felt an almost slowing down of time. When I looked in to the mirror, I was shocked. I immeaditately felt this massive, immense, vast presence looming over me ( sorry for the redundancy, I just really wanted to emphasize that this thing's presence was huge and expansive. Words only diminish it :| At first glance, this thing nearly knocked me straight out of the dream because it was so powerful. I took what I estimate to be about 20 seconds to recover after a lot of reality checking and hand rubbing. Finally, when I looked up I was more prepared and managed to stay focused on the mirror and I asked the question " What does being human mean" and here's the conversation I had (P= the presence thing) Note: P's voice was very low and powerful, reminded me of the guy from Saw's voice :D

P- *slight chuckle* The fantasy of the dreamer has no effect on the human being... *I don't remember the rest but it was something about fantasies, the human race and some "system"*

Me- Please clarify, I do not understand.

P- At the dawn of time, there was a stash. And when the WORLD began, that stash came to be. When TIME began, the stash was weak and small. And as time went on the stash grew in power. The stash could heal or kill. Open this stash indeed time would dawn again, and then only then could you answer that question. The stash is always open, but the human race has merely blocked thesmselves from it.

Me- How could you do this ?

*At this point the dreamscape swirls and the mirror is the center of this swirling and I feel like I go through a portal and end up on a narrow cliff which drops off to either side of me after about 20 meters. The ground of this place is covered in grass and shrubs and at the bottom of the cliff I can see a forest. Also the sky looks very beautiful and has tons of stars and from this point on I am on the ground rolling around to get to these glowing yellow questions. The cliff seems to slope gently downwards in the direction of the questions except I have to answer a question to get past it and get closer to the bottom of the cliff*

P- Let's play a game.

Me- NO! I do not have time for games!

P- *I feel enormous sense of dread* You WILL play the game.

Me- *swallow* OK

P- Very good. Now, what is ... *I forgot first question*

Me- *looking at options under glowing question* Is it ....?

P-Wrong

Me- Is it ...?

P- Wrong again.
*this continues until four guesses and then I get it right*

P- Question 2. What was the landscape from question 1?

Me- *looking at options which are cat, fish or three variations on a space-like stars everywhere landscape* That one. * I picked on of the three galaxie ones and got it wrong the first two times then right on the last guess*
Also, I heard my Mom's voice next to mine helping me out.

At this point the dream ended. Feel free to post what you think some of the things in this dream mean before I tell you what I think they were.

Sorry for the long post ;) and BTW what I saw in the mirror during the dream was ... nothing. I didn't see any reflection at all really, although at one point I saw myself, but it was like I was in a thousand different dimensions at once :O

Here's my interpretation of this dream.

The voice was either the "mediator", the awareness behind the dream or the intra consciousness (all concepts referred to in my post on the intra consciousness in the off sub-forum). But what i really really want to know is "what is this 'stash" (it is not a moustache :P) also what did that voice mean by saying "Open this stash" :? and how has the human race blocked themselves from it. IT's ALL SO CONFUSING! I feel like I may be on to something here so please help ;) Also I recommend you read my Intra consciousness post because I think this so called 'stash' may have something to do with the "stuff" that I can sense :?

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 17 Feb 2014 04:07

Ok guys so here it is, the second dream challenge/ experiment of the week: In a lucid dream, find a random door. Make sure you do not know where the door leads then say " Take me beyond the end of the universe" then say it again, and again, at least thrice. Then open the door. :O

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”