New to this...Can you someone tell me about my dream please?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
faye.kelly

New to this...Can you someone tell me about my dream please?

Postby faye.kelly » 04 Feb 2014 02:59

Hi. I don’t know if I am in the right place but it’s worth a shot.

Last night I and my partner both had the same dream although the details were different.
I was dreaming I was in a house with other people and this monster/man (not too sure what it was) was trying to kill me, my dad was trying to protect me and was trying to stab it. I woke up to my partner abruptly pulling the cover off me and making strange noises.

He then woke up a few moments later; he was acting very strange and walked out of the bedroom to the living area. For some strange reason a thought came to my head "he’s going to stab me in my sleep" he would never do such a thing but it instantly came to my mind. It was like I knew what he was feeling/thinking in his sleep.

After he came around from his dream I asked him what he was dreaming about, he was really upset and said in his dream he was in a house with other people which he can’t remember and he was trying to kill me. He cut my throat and stabbed me etc... He said it was so realistic, normally he doesn’t even remember his dreams.

Has anybody had any similar dreams?
Thanks

TillyPink

Re: New to this...Can you someone tell me about my dream ple

Postby TillyPink » 05 Feb 2014 23:45

Hi,

Did you wake him up when he was pulling the covers over you? Or did he wake himself up? That must have been pretty frightening yeh? Has anything like this ever happened before? Have you ever noticed him acting oddly in his sleep? When you say 'after he came round from his sleep' do you mean he was still in some kind of sleeping state when he left the room and went into the living area?

faye.kelly

Postby faye.kelly » 10 Feb 2014 03:10

No nothing like this has ever happened before. He never sleep walks, talks or even remembers his dreams normally.

I think I may have woken him up when he was pulling the covers off me or he was about to wake up im not really too sure.

When he left to go to the living area and was sat on the sofa he was in a daze, kind of half asleep. It took him a few minutes to talk and tell me what had happened in his dream.

It hasnt happened since luckily...Freaked me out!

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 11 Feb 2014 00:04

The first thing that sprung to mind was REM Behaviour Disorder (which is where a sleeping person 'acts' out their dreams, shouts or hits out, unwittingly hitting out at partners in bed, and the dreams are vivid and violent.) But i wouldn't want this to freak you out either - i am noooo expert, but if anything like this does happen again, it might be worth looking into... and there is treatment for it. But many of us including myself have had that vivid dream that has made us shout out...hit out, clench teeth etc. I expect it was a very vivid dream...

It is interesting that you also shared it...somehow you tapped into the heightened emotion and synchronised with him. If that part of things leaves you feeling fascinated, I do know of someone who has studied dream sharing quite extensively and may be able to shed some more light on that. Just PM me.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”