Hi everyone.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
BrightGrey

Hi everyone.

Postby BrightGrey » 09 Feb 2014 11:45

It's good to find such an interesting and useful resource on dreaming. I've been able to remember my dreams every night all of my life. I regularly dream I’m able to fly although in some dreams and I’m able to zoom off into the sky and in others it takes a lot of effort (and arm flapping!) to get 20 or 30 feet above the ground. I've always had certain dreams I knew were of a different quality. These only occur once every couple of months though. Certain things in them are really vibrant and vivid, even more so than in normal physical life. I’m also aware I’m dreaming at the time and have even learnt to keep hold of the dream when it starts to fade by looking at the back of my hand in the dream and turning round two or three times! Luckily I've kept a dream journal since 2004 but only found “lucid dreaming” was a recognised phenomenon three or four years ago and realised this is what some of the dreams I have (and had recorded) are. I've also had what can only b described as Astral Projection where I have seen things happening far away but in real-time. One of the most memorable ones was in 2004 shortly after I started my dream journal which I’ll share it at some point. Lastly, I've had dreams of world events that happened later. It’s always difficult to convince people after the event that you dreamed about it before so two years ago I started recording some of these types of dream in a Facebook account I created especially for this so people can see the date I posted the dream and when the event happens later know I’m not just making it up! The most recent one was about the terrible flooding in the UK we've had for the last 2 months which I dreamed about last September while we were still enjoying one of the warmest, driest summers for years. Anyway, dreams are such an interesting topic I’m waffling so I’ll stop. Thanks again for the resource!

BG

JonSnowLD

Re: Hi everyone.

Postby JonSnowLD » 11 Feb 2014 21:39

Wow, predicting things within dreams must be an extremely rare talent! Maybe if you were lucid in these dreams you could control the outcome within the dream and thus the event in real life?
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Feb 2014 02:54

I had a lucid dream about London being flooded too.It was last year and it was more like a giant tsunami. Now look at what's happening to our city!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RADradium49

Postby RADradium49 » 12 Feb 2014 07:20

@BrightGrey, that is awsome!

RADradium49

Postby RADradium49 » 12 Feb 2014 07:32

Hello everyone,
the world of lucid dreaming is so amazing to me. Although I am new to this forum and the understanding of lucid dreaming, for the last two years or so I have been aware of my ability to alter or take control of my dreams; however that was only for unpleasant dreams. Now I am trying to learn how to make my dreams even more enjoyable with complete awareness during dream cycles. Lately I noticed that I get so excited once I realize that I am lucid dreaming, I tend to wake myself up ... got to work on that. My reason for joining this forum is to learn more, become more aware, and have more control of my dreams. I always hear about the usage of dream journals, I would like to know the techniques used to make this an effective tool.
Happy Dreams everyone

Return to “Introduce Yourself”