How do I survive a killer?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Mike Park

How do I survive a killer?

Postby Mike Park » 11 Feb 2014 02:15

I'm a lucid dreaming newbie. purchased the lucid dreaming Fast Track course and had a Flash of lucidity.

Last night in my dream I'm standing in front of my childhood bedroom door. I'm in the inside of the room, and I somehow know that a killer with a knife is coming to my room to kill me. i hear him coming fast. As I'm trying to close my door so the killer won't get in, I realize that my arms are moving in Slow motion. and then I realize "OMG I'M DREAMING!" I realize i'm dreaming, but the guy with the knife is still coming and I'm really scared shitless of being killed so I decide to wake up.

I've had MANY dreams before of the same man with the knife and he always successfully kills me. I know this dream character is symbolic of my inner violent nature.

QUESTION: How do I heal this dream? How do I face my inner demon(killer with knife) and heal this violent part of myself. I don't want to keep running away, I want to heal and embrace this dream character, but I'm soooo afraid of being killed because he always kills me and its always very painful and traumatic. please give me advice on how to feel Calm and Safe in a Dangerous Dream

casey

Re: How do I survive a killer?

Postby casey » 11 Feb 2014 02:59

You need to aproach him with a friendly vibe and ask him why he is trying to cut a bitch, that should work

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Mike Park

Postby Mike Park » 11 Feb 2014 03:15

worst advice ever......

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 11 Feb 2014 04:22

Just let him stab you, take it. But try to stay aware and not let yourself "die". You cannot feel excruciating pain in a dream so you should not worry. Certainly you will feel a weird feeling where you were stabbed, but it should be relieving to face your fear and be stabbed and survive.
Do a reality check

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 11 Feb 2014 06:39

Ask the killer how you can solve the problem (inner violent nature).
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

tea

Postby tea » 11 Feb 2014 20:42

so this is the first time the killer didn't get you?
if so: awesome, you were alarmed by something that bothers you! can you see how this is a step forward?
i know, you didn't actually interact with your dream yet - but being able to decide not go through the scary part shows an increased awareness to me. that's key to lucid dreaming and i think you'll manage to face your inner "problems" and solve them.

that killer doesn't show up in every dream, right? so you can work on your lucidity and be prepared for the next time. all you actually have to train is your awareness and stability, everything else will fall into place.

and if he shows up before you feel ready, just wake yourself up again. if you haven't read this, you should: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/escaping-from-nightmares.html

next, you can not only work on this problem while sleeping, but also by reflecting on yourself while awake.
at this point there are two thing that come to my mind:

- if you want to work on violent inner nature, i suggest you check out this book (in case you're not into reading; don't worry, it's really slender, you can read it in a day or two, it's easy to follow and cheap)
here's an amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Surprising-Purpose-Anger-Management-Communication/dp/1892005158/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1392147382&sr=1-1&keywords=marshall+rosenberg+anger

- for a little more... fundamental problem solving check out alan watts (here some links):
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alan+watts&sm=3

hope i could help a little, keep us up to date - i wanna know more about your process with that dream!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Feb 2014 21:40

You will survive a killer in a lucid dream anyway! :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Mike Park

Postby Mike Park » 12 Feb 2014 03:07

It was only my 2nd lucid dream ever. I don't think I was fully lucid for sure. Because if I was fully lucid I wouldn't have been so afraid. Or maybe I was fully lucid and I was still scared. It was only my 2nd lucid dream and I'm a complete new bid so I dont know

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Feb 2014 03:10

How bout this: Have a lucid dream and be the killer. Feel the ecsrasy as you enjoy the power! B-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 13 Feb 2014 02:01

1. You can experience intense pain in a dream, whether normal or lucid.

2. Dream characters can kill you and pretty easilly in the real world; but only if you give them power by believing in them. Old hags have really killed numerous people -there have been studies proving it, but I don't remember the names or have links for you. Fear can kill perfectly healthy people or animals. Most likely your nightmare will not be intense enough or last long enough to kill you. It also does not follow that what your dream self experiences will be experienced by your body -a requirement of dying of fright.

3. You may or may not be able to practice dream control against these types of characters, though gainibg the ability to wake out of the nightmare is much easier than trying to make friends with it or transform it into something else.

4. Shame on you Summerlander! He does not want to be a killer...of course I would kill it too, but am ruthless by blood and choice. Besides if he's afraid of it it will kill him both in dreams and real life.

5. To not feel afraid of this character one needs to be willing to die. If it really is just your violent nature becoming consciously gentle and meek combined with losing your fear of death should get rid of it. read the works of Gandhi, as he radiates the personality you want to cultivate.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”