Need your opinions

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

Is it reasonable to think this was either an attack upon her or hate speech?

Poll ended at 12 Mar 2014 11:40

1. Yes, it was both an attack and hate speech.
No votes
2. It was an attack upon her, but not hate speech.
No votes
3. It was not an attack upon her, but was hate speech.
No votes
4. It was neither an attack upon her or hate speech, but you should of been more tactful.
No votes
5. It was neither an attack upon her or hate speech.
100%

Total votes: 1

Snaggle

Need your opinions

Postby Snaggle » 10 Feb 2014 11:40

This post was a reply to one poster, whom has declared she rejected Christianity against family opposition and persecution, but had embraced a new religion afterwards. I told her in another post that "I made the same mistake after rejecting Christianity and that I hoped she would embrace reason and become lucid in reality and not just dreams".

[quote=Snaggle] Actually it would not be "Awareness" the way Kar described it. It's definitely a type of dream control to have fluent dreams in languages one does not even have basic fluency in at will or to create and read original books at will etc.

Both deductive and inductive logic are parts of philosophy and neither is subjective, though both are imperfect and need to be practiced and together to become a reflection of reality. It's only the mentally defective subjective materialists who think inductive reason can be cut off from deductive reason or their equally mentally defective opposites the subjective idealists (who think that matter is unknowable and just an illusion anyway.)

Lola there's a difference between experiencing the real mind directly and identifying with it. Belief is a mental defect and should not be indulged in.

Cool to have you here, you write very well.
[/quote]

Oh, before you say it I agree that I should of said "is a mental defect" rather than "are mental defectives". This post created a storm of controversy and claims that "it was an attack on her" and "hate speach" with calls for my banning by the same people making these attacks upon me or at least that I make an apology. It does not matter which forum this was at and no I'll never make an apology to them. So here's the poll
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Re: Need your opinions

Postby HAGART » 10 Feb 2014 16:15

If you want to quote yourself, you must put Snaggle in quotes like (quote="Snaggle")
It would make it easier to read and understand. Just helping you out and it's easy to edit that.

I'll think about this and give my opinion later.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Feb 2014 12:22

I don't think it was an attack at all. I think you stated your opinion and it was well put. It is not a crime to point out that people are not perfect, people make mistakes, and people also fall into belief traps. You merely pointed out that doesn't have to be so and provided your advice as well as perspective.

So far, according to the evidence you have provided, I think this is a case of people misreading you and presuming malicious intent where there is none. People seem to uphold ego-preservation above everything else, often overlooking valuable advice, and are too quick to jump on the "you're offensive" bandwagon. Criticism can be helpful.

what is aparent is that, when people are well and successful, they pat themselves on the back and inflate their arrogance. If you try to give them ftiendly advice at that stage, they will take offence. Had you given her advice when she was down and still within the confines of Christianity, the reception to your post would have been different.

I would beat yourself up about it. Honesty is a great policy. If none of the members of said website see your point and are unwilling to learn, then a ban might be a blessing for you, and their loss.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Feb 2014 12:29

Sorry:*Do NOT beat yourself up about it*

And please do NOT apologise. You have nothing to feel sorry for. It is people who need to grow up and stop their petulence.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”