Anyone seen this: screen with scrolling characters/pictures

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Anyone seen this: screen with scrolling characters/pictures

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Jan 2012 13:09

Had a really interesting dream where someone told me close my eyes and listen to text that would be read to me. Within a minute of listening to the words, I had incredible images scroll across a screen as if they were being typed onto a computer screen. They were multicolor characters and pictures or detailed drawings mixed in. They were constantly changing and I thought they were actual letters but each one was changing and when I looked closely they looked more like symbols. What I'm really interested in is finding out what was read to me and was wondering if this exists. The only thing I remember about it was that it was real words, but mixed together almost at random so they didn't make sense. Listening to them for a short period of time made them blur.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Re: Anyone seen this: screen with scrolling characters/pictu

Postby Peter » 12 Jan 2012 20:05

were you watching them or among them
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Jan 2012 00:56

I was watching a screen like a big computer screen with the sharply focused characters, symbols, small pictures and drawings rolling through fairly rapidly. They appeared as they do on a computer screen if you were to sit at your computer continously typing. The colors were very bright and changing also.

I'm fascinated with the whole concept of what text looks like in dreams and this sounds like a typical experience trying to read it. I was able to watch it for quite a while and got to study it. Fascinating. What I'm trying to learn about is what was read to me which I was told would make these (for a lack of a better word) hallucinations occur. The whole happened during a WILD lucid dream. I would really like to be able to recreate this, listen to this again. Whatever the person was reading was some sort hypnotic sequence of words that really didn't make complete sense but caused you to begin the process of inducing a dream. Probably sounds bizzare, but that's the dream world for you.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

thomas

Postby thomas » 13 Jan 2012 02:41

I have seen this multiple times in hypno images. Letters and symbols scrolling across and sometimes down. Usually they do move fairly rapidly. At one point I even saw musical notation that I was able to write down. (It was a beautiful melody.)

Are you sure you were in a dream or just really deep into HI? I have also heard voices clearly in HI.

Thomas

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Jan 2012 05:07

I think you're right, I was into deep HI. It definitely had that hallucinogenic quality to it, but also dream-like so maybe right at the transition. I'm really interested in what is going on in these images of rapidly changing text.

I lalso had an audio version of the same thing it later on. I was in a different scene and playing with our cat and when I got close to his head I could hear a radio in his ear very clearly, with rapidly changing audio like someone kept changing the stations. It sounded really authentic until I tried to listen closely and then I couldn't hear the exact words. When you are lucid, it's like things start breaking down when they are examined closely.

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Jan 2012 08:25

I have had this in intense HI if it the same but not txt more symbols and there are endless amounts of them. I was wanting to get close and examine one but moved through the space to quickly.

Might be the same not sure
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Jan 2012 00:26

What appeared to be text at first glance turned out to be symbols upon closer examination. This is part of what's interesting: how things change when they are looked at closely and the rapid changes things make when you do look closely at them. This effect is more obvious with things like text.

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Jan 2012 03:00

Sounds likes it serious HI and thats great. I am more interested in where the symbols have come from or going to rather that trying to see if they have meaning. I want to attach to one and follow it for a bit

thomas

Postby thomas » 14 Jan 2012 04:41

What type of symbols do you guys see? Just curious. Mine can be all sorts of shapes. Sometimes they look like hieroglyphics or chinese characters. I have never been able to get them to stop long enough to take a really good look. I don't want to force it or they disappear. Never thought of trying to follow one of them - interesting idea.

Thomas

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Jan 2012 10:19

they have been from little starbursts or spots of light and in one case like the hash symbol but in 3D. There were millions of them like stars in the sky but they were flowing in some sort of pattern. I see these in what I call the void or empty space.

I suspect that each one is a dream or a space and if I can approach one I will be back in a dream so will try but like you say they are elusive little things

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”