Tommy Robinson (controversial, criticism of religion)

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Tommy Robinson (controversial, criticism of religion)

Postby Summerlander » 12 Feb 2014 23:17

Tommy Robinson should never have retracted his initial inference about Islam. He was right when he said that it is a dangerous and fascist religion which enkindles terrorism, suicide, murder, and paedophilia. I backed his views against the banning of the poppy for the England team on the rooftop of FIFA. I also feel that he was unfairly arrested on a few occasions.

But, for a public figure of such responsibility, he should know better than to recant initial opinions that can be vindicated by solid evidence, and, to be arrested for stupid offences such as drugs, fake IDs, assaulting police officers, and mortgage application fraud. It doesn't bode well on his credibility. You'd think his fight to suppress Neo-Nazi voices is admirable but ulterior motives cannot be ruled out. His attempt to charity-walk for Rigby now seems like a political move to gain sympathy from the public than anything else.

To me, Robinson seemed okay at the beginning (at least when I had first heard of him), but disappointment came when I found out that he befriended Maajid Nawaz (founder of the Quilliam organisation), and affiliating with them, I suspect, was a move to help with his reputation. Quilliam is a mistaken and misguided organisation. It makes ridiculous distinctions between Islam and Islamism. Hello! It's all Islam! In each religion there are schisms because its adherents cannot agree on exegeses! Simple!

The root of the problem with Islam: The Koran and the hadith incite what people dub "extremism"; peaceful Western Muslims are deemed more reasonable because they cherrypick their faith scriptures in order to conform to civilised society, and, as long as this religion is respected as an ideology, we will always allow wiggle room for zealots and jihadists to terrorise us. And Quilliam, know this: all religions have political influence, by the way, and if you cannot see this, you are deluded. And, opposing or criticising religion is not being racist, it is being secular critic of bad ideas devoid of any sound reasoning.

Tommy Robinson was once a member of the repulsive, racist, and homophobic BNP. Robinson affiliated with Nick Griffin of the racist National Front! How can someone who has associated and commiserated with such individuals for a whole year be unaware of their egregious views (such as Holocaust denial) and their racial policy that opposes non-white immigration? Holocaust deniers live in the realm of fantasy and conspiracy theories, by the way! How could Robinson, who aspired to be the leader of a movement such as EDL, be clueless about his former associates and friends when everybody knew the deal?

It seems Tommy Robinson will lie to save his own skin and not stand true to his beliefs, and stand by them, as a revolutionary should. As a leader, when faced with the pressures of an inquisitive press, he has proved to be nothing but a demagogue. Voices like his, couple with despicable acts, are not doing us any favours in convincing the government to take a stance similar to that of France's when it comes to the burqa. It is not helping us to educate the government on why Islam is dangerous and why "Islamophobia" is a dumb word.

I sincerely hope people see the obvious, as I do, before it is too late. As my hero, the late Christopher Hitchens, said about multiculturalism and tolerance of ideas incompatible with moral values: "Cultural suicide."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMFGbw89sWI

Islam, by the way, is not the only religion I oppose. In fact I oppose all. Christianity is no saint either. It may not be as bad as Islam, but it certainly was just as bad before. This quote captures a snippet of its atrocities and crimes against humanity:

"In all the ages the Roman Church has owned slaves, bought and sold slaves, authorized and encouraged her children to trade in them. Long after some Christian peoples had freed their slaves the Church still held on to hers.. If any could know, to absolute certainty, that all this was right, and according to God's will and desire, surely it was she, since she was God's specially appointed representative in the earth and sole authorized and infallible expounder of his Bible. There were the texts; there was no mistaking their meaning; she was right, she was doing in this thing what the Bible had mapped out for her to do. So unassailable was her position that in all the centuries she had no word to say against human slavery. Yet now at last, in our immediate day, we hear a Pope saying slave trading is wrong., and we see him sending an expedition to Africa to stop it. The texts remain: it is the practice that has changed. Why? Because the world has corrected the Bible. The Church never corrects it; and also never fails to drop in at the tail of the procession - and take the credit of the correction. As she will presently do in this instance."

- Mark Twain
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Goldkoron

Re: Tommy Robinson (controversial, criticism of religion)

Postby Goldkoron » 12 Feb 2014 23:27

I back all of your views Summerlander. I am no interest in religion, and I believe religion has constantly been the cause of terrible wars and events in history and modern day.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Feb 2014 01:23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5thChfm8vLs
This is a 7 minute, YouTube video by one of my heroes, Penn Jillette.

I was going to state my opinion, but then realized this says it all. ( I just watched it again, and it's unrehearsed, but it's genuine).

Most of us can make fun of each other and religion with solid criticism under the guise of humor, (just look at Monty Python!) but for some reason Islam/Muslims are off limits. Why is that? :?:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Feb 2014 02:22

Absolutely Goldkoron and thank you for your support! And Hagart, I love Penn and Teller and James Randi too. I think they are informative and expose many charlatans. In fact, Penn Jillette is beyond atheism (he'd be seven on the Dawkins scale and good for him).

I'm unable to check out your link at the moment but I will do so tomorrow and comment on it. Here is something you might like by Jillette: "Believing there is no God means the suffering I've seen in my family, and indeed all the suffering in the world, isn't caused by an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent force that isn't bothered to help or is just testing us, but rather something we all may be able to help others with in the future. No God means the possibility of less suffering in the future. Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O, and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have."

As for why Islam appears to be off-limits, it's very simple: they claim it is the ultimate revelation and the only truth. Criticising that is a terrible offence and may be punishable by death. Islam is a cult of barbarism and death.

Ex-Muslim Ibn Warraq (nom de plume) is forced to keep his identity a secret once he opposed Ayatollah Khomeini, who, by the way, issued that chilling fatwah against Salman Rushdie. (How could anyone have thought of the Ayatollah as a spiritual leader? Only those enamoured with religious frenzy.)

We may find more answers to the question you posed in Warraq's "Why I Am Not A Muslim." A fascinationg and elucidating book! In the book he points out something very refutable about the Koran: In all its suras, apart from the first and the ninth, you will find the words, "In the name of the Merciful, the Compassionate." Yeah, right!

Then we find passages inciting war, terror, martyrdom, murder. Clear instructions ordained to the soldiers of Allah against the enemy, the apostate, the infidel, the nonbeliever. Nice!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Feb 2014 02:34

Another thing: Christians have also complained about parodic depictions of Jesus. Mohammed and cartoons, don't even mention it. Humour and religion don't mix for starters, so, imagine what heaven would be like if it existed according to the monotheisms.

But what attracts young Muslins to want to blow themselves up is the following: Seen as they are virgins or haven't had much sex, they are promise a ticket to a hedonistic celestial brothel full of virgins too!

The young jihadist who managed to copulate here on earth must have been lucky enough to voluntarily rape a virgin who was facing procecution. (Koranic law states that female virgins cannot be legally punish so the public is welcome to rape them for the procecution to go ahead. They are truly obsessed with sex!)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Feb 2014 18:25

At 17.45, Christopher Hitchens addresses your question, Hagart:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGKMal09v_0

I've also checked out your link. Spot on. You cannot slander Islam because it is not a person, it is a set of ideas (and a bad one at that). Common sense well put! 8-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”