Megaman Discussions

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
chaosdragoon13

Re: Megaman Discussions

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 14 Feb 2014 22:17

You know whats my opinion, the whole school system is stupid. Because 12 years of school is nothing but a waste of time when they could just teach you the facts of life and any logical information that you should know. After that you choose a profession after you are inspired to do what you wanna do and then they should teach you how to do it. Because I bet everybody who has a job has forgotten more than half the things he learned in school.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 14 Feb 2014 22:50

So true, I forgot most things I learned in school but all I really need to continue learning is music, music business and how to make a successful, enjoyable band. Though I have to admit English class was helpful in showing me more words that I could use for lyrics. But I forgot them all :lol:
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 14 Feb 2014 22:55

See that's exactly how it should be for teenagers, they should learn what they want to work, that way we save a lot of money and you can learn only one thing which is what you want to become.

But seriously do you know whats history for, because it is so boring that I don't even know why im learning these things. Its always the same, an empire becomes strong, and then it falls, I mean really what is the point of learning history. Every time I ask my mom she tells me the same thing, "so you wont repeat the same mistakes of the past", she always says.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Feb 2014 02:45

You guys are still young and could change your minds so many times about what you want to do.

Also, history can be boring, granted, but knowing a little bit about your history can set some people straight today. Two veridical examples:

A gang of black teenagers shoplifted in a Tesco Express store. when confronted by a manager, one of them joked: "We've been slaves for so long..."

If this boy knew history, he'd know that black people weren't the only ones who were enslaved. The British rule in America before the United States existed had a hold on its people with the policy of taxation without representation. It took a revolution and war to attain independence. Meanwhile, in Europe, the Muslim empire (the Ottomans) enslaved and slaughtered many white Europeans.

Another case I'd like to mention which reflects the misconception among young jihadists of today that the USA started the war against them. Nonsense! They started it. Shortly after the American independence, Americans were trading with Europeans. They saw that the Muslims were pillaging European ships and thought that it was payback for the Crusades, something America never took part in. But then, American ships also began to be attacked by the Muslims.

When Thomas Jefferson and John Adams went to London to meet the Muslim ambassador of Tripoli, Jefferson asked: Why are you guys attacking our ships? We never did anything to you!

The ambassador replied: We are Muslims and we have the right to enslave and even kill you because our holy book, the Koran, mandates it. You are infidels and Allah (God) tells us that any nation that does not recognise our authority should be put to the sword. Also, when we die in battle, we go straight to the highest heavens where many virgins dwell.

This, by the way, is still going on today. It is because of such creed that America is missing its two iconic towers (9/11 - remember?) So, when a fanatical Islamist tells you that you deserve to die and that Americans started the war, you may say exactly what I told you. They are misinformed and brainwashed by their older peers.

Always be ready to defend your people with historical knowledge and the real reasons behind any conflict. In so many words, I hope I have shown you why history is important. It also helps us to see how much we have progressed and how some people are still living in the past and still adhering to Iron Age beliefs that bad ideologies and incompatible with a peaceful civilisation.

You guys will represent the generation of tomorrow. Make the world a better place. Look back at our mistakes and succeed where we failed.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Feb 2014 02:47

Yeah, your mum is right, listen to her in regards to history. Get yourself acquainted with the gist of it. :-D

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 15 Feb 2014 03:51

Summerlander wrote:Yeah, your mum is right, listen to her in regards to history. Get yourself acquainted with the gist of it. :-D

You have a point. Everything you said. Plus not everyone our age knows what they wanna do in life or their "dream life" may not always involve having specific job.

Also there's so many thing we have today that we wouldnt have if it weren't for people learning history
For example: if we didnt have history we wouldn't have Assassin's Creed :lol:
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 15 Feb 2014 11:08

Yes you may be right summer, history can help those ignorant people to solve their petty problems but we can look at this in another way. Maybe those black teenagers weren't disciplined well by their parents, or the fact that they have bad parents. Same with those fools who care about what people did in the past, that's just an excuse to grant them respect or maybe power, when they can just learn to earn respect from others and grant them an equal amount of respect.
By the way when you said that we are young, how old are you summer?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Feb 2014 11:14

LOL! :-D

For that I blame religion and the spreading of the gospel. Childrens minds are raped before they even get the chance to think for themselves. Religion, sadly, also seems to be a trump card.

Why is it that, if you say a child is a Communist, there is outrage. But if you say they are Christian or Muslim, it seems to be okay? Children are not wise enough to make up their minds about neither. They should say, the child is of Christian or Muslim parents, and not, the child is Christian/Muslim.

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Feb 2014 11:21

By the way, chaos, good point raised. The injustice was indeed done to their ancestors, not them (teenagers). And I'm 31, by the way, but in my mind I'm a 200 year-old fart who's in love with death. :-P

- Padmasambhava

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 15 Feb 2014 11:59

Summerlander wrote:And I'm 31, by the way, but in my mind I'm a 200 year-old fart who's in love with death. :-P

That's weird. :|

Return to “Off-Topic”