Entertaining animated movie about lucid dreaming.

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
djek

Entertaining animated movie about lucid dreaming.

Postby djek » 14 Feb 2014 20:36

Entertaining animated movie about lucid dreaming. (English subtitles) HD720p :)
Journey into the subconscious: http://youtu.be/gLpElFCsS4M

torakrubik

Re: Entertaining animated movie about lucid dreaming.

Postby torakrubik » 15 Feb 2014 03:31

That was surreal, and quite accurate in places! I enjoyed watching it and hope there will be a sequel.
Dreaming is my drug

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Feb 2014 21:25

What a piece of time-based art! And indeed very accurate in certain parts as regards lucid dreaming. The ever-changing reflection in the mirror was so familiar, so personal, and it definitely reminds us that the lucid dream world reflects a chattering mind in need of control; in need of stability.

I am so pleased with this animation that I have shared it with my friends at OBE4u. The lucid dreamer in the animation actually resembles Michael Raduga. 8-)

Thanks for sharing! :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Feb 2014 18:51

Brilliant! I highly recommend watching this.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Feb 2014 18:58

Especially for those who have never had a lucid dream but are willing to have one. This video definitely provides a glimpse of that world. :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Feb 2014 19:06

I had too much to say about it, so I decided to simply say, "Brilliant".

This is great for both beginners and experienced lucid dreamers to watch.
I like how they accurately portrayed the 'tunnel vision' and choppy nature of the visuals at the start of a lucid dream, and how things can morph as you are looking at them. (For anyone who hasn't experienced a lucid dream, that's what it can be like.)

And how our emotions and mood can effect the environment around us, and who is that reoccurring dream character? The 'wise old man' archetype?

Then it goes deeper and is something I have considered too. Ignore all you see, don't be distracted by cute girls, and find a deeper state of awareness in a still pond. (I don't know how to describe it, but even in the video, the "inner voice" character says it's pointless to find definitions in the dream world). But this video speaks to me and I can relate to it a lot. I need to acknowledge and control my wavy, disorganized, mental clutter to find the deeper level of lucid dream I've been seeking and be at one with my own thoughts. :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Feb 2014 00:08

He requested the old man archetype unwittingly before he fell asleep and began to lucid dream. A useful archetype that did his best to keep the dreamer lucid. The "think back" autosuggestion also played out nicely. It's impact was such that it gave the illusion of time travel in the dream world coupled with the conception of subdivisions such as the astral plane and the mental plane - which, to me, is an emergent fantasy element not that dissimilar to the dancing girls spectacle. Both were certainly manifested from an intention to be entertained and to inspire awe. Captivating video and certainly commendable.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”