Phase State (LD/OOBE/AP): A Question of Fidelity and Rules

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Snaggle

Re: Phase State (LD/OOBE/AP): A Question of Fidelity and Rul

Postby Snaggle » 17 Feb 2014 07:51

I'm well aware of religion and thought crime. But for this question I tried to leave religion out of it and target only secularists because I don't respect religions as ideologies. I got married at the registry office, you know what I mean? Religious people have not thought deeply about morally and have just merely accepted their faith's garbled version. In religion, thought crime is real, in State law there is no such thing. Hence the degree of separation between church and state even if it isn't official in some countries. I can tell you that a lot of Christians here in England don't behave according to the tenets of their faith and don't even care to spread the gospel. But I can see the experience in Somewhere like America being different.

Lol, I don't respect either religions or their counterfeits ideologies - both are "sins" against rationality. However, the claim that "religious people have not thought deeply about morally and have just merely accepted their faith's garbled version" is extremely false. To adopt the morality of a faith one has to both learn what it is, transform ones character to it and both of these things evolve a lot of thought.

... their notion that when you love someone you don't even think, or shouldn't even think, about others in a sexual way is a bit misguided, too. Not to mention that polyamori is completely discarded or thought not to be possible...Christianity has a warped view of sex and has always tried to suppress it to the detriment of mankind. It has completely brainwashed many when it claims a virgin gave birth to the Messiah.

My statement about not desiring others did not come from religion, but both from my own personal experience and family example. Most (even successfully married couples) don't have relationships founded upon true love. Personally, I planned on following my father's example of a wife with a regularly upgraded mistress. However once you've experienced true love with someone one realizes how shallow and empty sexual relations without it are.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Feb 2014 11:32

A lot of pious people don't really know their holy books. In fact, time and again, the nonbeliever proves that he knows scripture best. Just recently, I pointed out some horrifying and immoral passages in the Bible to my believing mother. It made her think for the first time and she renounced her faith. (But did not, however, abandon her belief in a Creator.)

Just one look at the Ten Commandments, and one sees that the very first one is not concerned with morality at all. It is just a god expressing his jealousy. Secondly, it doesn't even protect children from abuse besides failing to mention many other things that would give a clearer picture of etiquette.

I would also point another thing out to you. Most people were born into religion. Children are REQUIRED to believe the unquestionable "truth" and they are called Christians, Muslims, Jewish, Hindu, and Sikh before they even reach the age of reason. They are, in essence, encouraged not to think about it from a very young age and hence the hold religion has on mankind no matter how absurd its ideas are. You still think what I said above is extremely false. I think what is false is to claim that people are deeply religious because they have thought it through. No they haven't. The core of their belief isn't based on real evidence, it is, instead, based on written and spoken words by others and taken to be true from a profound wish that so-called "revelation" is true. In a way, they don't even believe.

As for people finding sexual intercourse shallow without loving relationships: you should ask the thousands of divorcees and bachelors who desire no strings attached sex, link up with link-minded people, and are perfectly happy.

I think this only teaches you one lesson: speak for yourself. ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Feb 2014 11:47

Just an improver regarding religious people and morality. If they really had thought it through, they would know that praying should be considered a type of blasphemy. If their god is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent, he knows better than the worshipper. By praying, they are, in essence, conveying the idea that they know what's best for their loved ones and thus imply that they know better on how to run the universe. More repulsive is the idea that an all-powerful supernatural being is waiting for his sheep to beg for better conditions before he ultimately decides.

And then, there is the claim the learned theologians make: there can be no moral values without God. Already, by nature, we are devoid of morality they claim. And aparently we get heavenly rewarded if we behave but punished for eternity if we don't.

A sense of right and wrong should come from us and we should want to behave because we love and empathise with one another as conscious creatures. Period

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 00:39

Ive never thought about it in this way before but dreaming in a way can be a sex toy.

Ones own morals Ive found can be so strong that they can stop one from doing sexual acts one wouldnt do in real life.. so maybe a moral compass still guides even in LDs.. eg in a lucid .. I ended up coming across a group of lads 16-19 year olds so some were underage. As I knew it was only a dream so hence in my mind in that situation couldnt be wrong as it wasnt real.. and I really wanted sex and there was no one around my own age, so tried to get any of these to have sex with me.

The dream backfired as none of them would do it with me.. (which really surprised me as I truely thougth one of these DCs would if it was offered to a group of lads that age). My subconciousness even thou I knew it was only a dream, my subconciousness just wouldnt allow it to occur due to the age of some of that group of lads.

Its funny how the rules we are brought up with in real life can over ride into our dreams.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Feb 2014 22:39

Interesting...

I wonder if your conscience nagged at you from deep within to spare you the shame. It's almost as if a part of you just couldn't bring itself to break the rules - which wouldn't even be breaking the rules because the lads weren't real in the first place.

This brings to mind when people try to fly in lucid dreams and can't because there seems to be a force of gravity... :shock:

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”