Opinions?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
doo

Opinions?

Postby doo » 16 Feb 2014 04:09

I guess there is someone that is sleeping all day to lucid dream about me or something cause during the day I can hear them talking in my head and all and I was wondering if that is possible cause I guess I did something to this girl a long time ago and I guess she is getting revenge on me I don't know it's really childish but anyways do you guys think lucid dreaming can be linked to any kind of delusional or schizophrenic ways possible?

Summerlander

Re: Opinions?

Postby Summerlander » 16 Feb 2014 15:11

It has indeed been scientifically pointed out that lucid dream states are similar to those of schizophrenia. But they still differ. Lucid dreaming is a healthy state.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 18 Feb 2014 04:15

doo wrote:I guess there is someone that is sleeping all day to lucid dream about me or something cause during the day I can hear them talking in my head and all and I was wondering if that is possible cause I guess I did something to this girl a long time ago and I guess she is getting revenge on me I don't know it's really childish but anyways do you guys think lucid dreaming can be linked to any kind of delusional or schizophrenic ways possible?

This sounds schizophrenic, but might be an isolated crazy thought. Hearing voices in your head is abnormal, but as you're an American or living here you might be the victim of our government. Do you: have headaches; blurred vision; feel vibrations, feel you're burning and twitching -if so research ELF (extremely low frequency) waves as our government both customarilly experiements on unwitting subjects and has been trying to and maybe has developed mind control devices as has been claimed since the 1980s.

It has indeed been scientifically pointed out that lucid dream states are similar to those of schizophrenia. But they still differ. Lucid dreaming is a healthy state.

This is not true Summerland. Dream images or halucinations are not really signs of schizophrenia any more than schizophrenic consider themselves to be Napoleon. Schizophrenia is an emotional state/character modality. Schizophrenics normally can't tell the difference between something they imagine and something that real either in the present or in memory. They do the opposite of reason, as schizophrenia is a mental state characterized by a desire to ruin oneself and increase self-dislike.
Hallucinations can be induced in most people by sensory deprivation, but they're not made schizophrenic by those hallucinations even momentarilly, nor are all the people experiencing hallucinations of saints, angels, gods or aliens normally schizophrenics -their hallucinations really happened -they're just dumb enough to believe them real. Hallucinations are momentary sensorary breaks, schizophrenics are always delusional. They're also easy to spot as it's an emotional state not some weird brain disease, as such they have the possiblity of changing their character. Before the drugs that subpress not cure schizophrenia, most schizophrenics merely were episodic rather than constitutional schizophrenics and snapped out of it in a few months or more rarely a few years.

The drugs do work at suppressing the worse consequences of schizophrenia. Big pharma has sold the idea that "once a schizophrenic always a schizophrenic" so that they can keep people on drugs for life. The majority of schizophrenics who have recovered/changed back to what they were are not any more vulnerable to being schizophrenics than the average person, but they'll be branded as "schizophrenics" for life.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

doo

Postby doo » 18 Feb 2014 05:02

Well I do twitch and every time I do I feel as if someone is making me and I know it sounds impossible but every time it happens in my head there's a voice that tells me "get the fuck up" or something like that. I will research the ELF thing you were talking about.

doo

Postby doo » 18 Feb 2014 07:20

Plus they keep saying that I deserve schizophrenia and I just don't understand who the hell does this?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Feb 2014 11:23

Snaggle, what is not true is your ELF nonsense that visits the realm of conspiracy theory. Read some educational material for a chance.

And by the way, as I said before, there are similarities between the brain activity of a lucid dreamer and a schizophrenic. The scientific evidence is out there, and, mind you, from reliable sources, Snaggle! :-D

Now, Doo, don't let Snaggle's conspiratorial mumbo jumbo make you paranoid delusion even worse. Go and see a doctor,my friend. And get well.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 19 Feb 2014 09:29

Sometimes we can have a real affect on other people, sometimes it can feel like a persons presence is inside you.

But no we can't really directly communicate into someones head. We can influence their thoughts through persuasion and such but yeah nah that sounds schizo mate.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

doo

Postby doo » 19 Feb 2014 13:56

It's just really awkward..I wouldn't think it's possible. I also read that you can actually watch someone in your sleep while they are awake. Don't know if you can actually communicate telepathically or put yourself in someones mind. Because whatever I did this guy is saying that I deserve it and all this dumb crap but I guess I did something so bad to "deserve" schizophrenia. I honestly don't know but what kind of person does this?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Feb 2014 22:39

No kind of person is my answer to that. This voice is not objectively real. It is in your head, like a recurrent nightmare feeding on your fears and insecurities. Try to ignore it and see a doctor as soon as possible.

- Padmasambhava

doo

Postby doo » 20 Feb 2014 06:11

Yeah I guess so. I mean this has been happening every single night and I don't know what to do about it. I really need to go see a doctor about this. Thanks everyone.

Return to “Off-Topic”