Sup, Im new, could od with help

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Hypnos

Sup, Im new, could od with help

Postby Hypnos » 12 Jan 2012 21:47

Hi, this is my first post here and I joined to help with Lucid Dreaming. My Location; England. My name: my name is based on the Greek God Hypnos.
I started trying to do lucid dreaming in late November 2011, I still havent had one but have taken it more seriously recently. Im 12 and just recently I tried to do a WILD mostly too see what what that hypogonaic imagry (or however you spell it :)) was like. I was wondering if anyone here had any advice for me. Im doing frequent reality checks and have attempted the MILD several times, although I find it hard too sleep after doing the first stages. Im going to start a Dream Journal soon as well.
If you have any advice put it below :D .

Gooeymaw

Re: Sup, Im new, could od with help

Postby Gooeymaw » 14 Jan 2012 19:25

Go ahead and start that dream journal. When you wake up, even if you don't remember any of your dreams, try to think about how you feel when you awake. Do you feel strangely anxious? Energized? Depressed? These could be clues as to what you dreamt about before you woke up. SOme folks are super lucky and they're just able to dive into lucid dreaming with a snap, but most of us have to take baby steps. I've read on this forum that totally newbs have a lucid dream the very night they first read about them! Those lucky dogs! Just keeping your mind on the subject will help out, but actively writing about your dreams is a really big help. Maybe you recall a dream or even half a dream from when you were a real little kid. Write that dream down, or ideas you have about dreams in your journal.

Hope you have a lucid dream soon!
Good luck.

Hypnos

Postby Hypnos » 14 Jan 2012 19:30

Thanks for the advice! I will start it soon and what you said about thinking about how you feel is something I didnt know. Wish me luck! :)

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 14 Jan 2012 22:23

Yeah, it's a good start. I sometimes wake up and only have a single image in my mind, but otherwise forget what was associated with it. I had one of those recently, but I wrote the note about it in my on line dream journal anyway.

I had been pretty slack with keeping my journal, but have gotten back on track in the last couple of months. I hated seeing all those long spaces in the journal.

After you have a whole lot of dreams recorded, it's also fun to go back and read them. Mine goes back as far as 1991, and sometimes I will read those old entries and be like "wow, I still remember that dream." although there are tons I shake my head at and think "gosh, I don't remember that one at all." I sometimes posted illustrations of the creatures I encountered in my dreams.

Return to “For Beginners”