Is this a lucid dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
GalMutzafy

Is this a lucid dream?

Postby GalMutzafy » 18 Feb 2014 06:37

Today I had a dream and it was kinda vivid, and in some point I actually knew I had six fingers a few seconds before I did reality check, and then I did.

I realised I was dreaming and rubbed my hands and was in the dream.

I tried a few things, flying, fighting with someone, write my names with stars, going to a club, check myself in a mirror and stuff, but it was like... a regular dream that I just remmember myself doing all this stuff... it wasnt like live, you know? like I wasnt aware enough so I just watched myself doing all this things...

it really annoys me... I know for alot of people lucd dreaming is like real and live, and they know what they are doing, but its already two times for me that I knew I was dreaming but it was more like I watched myself doing it than doing it myself and trying things aware...

Do anybody can relate to this?
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Summerlander

Re: Is this a lucid dream?

Postby Summerlander » 18 Feb 2014 11:48

From the moment you realised you were dreaming, it became a lucid dream. But dream lucidity comes in different degrees and requires maintenance, too.

The first thing you do as soon as you reach the lucid state is to intensify the dream environment. (Sensory amplification techniques are really good and can help you to prolong your stay in the dream world.)

Also, prior to inducing a lucid dream, it is extremely useful to have a plan of action to keep you focused and to prevent hesitation which can lead to a premature termination of the lucid dream. Two or three steps of a plan of action should initially do to fill your lucid time. Eg. 1) check my reflection in a mirror; 2) Fly to the moon; 3) talk to a wise old alien being.

Recall your plan of action and execute it. There is a correlation between this and dream prolongation too. Also, remind yourself from time to time that you are dreaming. Every minute is ideal. Memory is interrelated with consciousness so you csn already see why it is important.

In the morning, take a minute to gather your thoughts and focus only on what you just experienced. It should be extremely easy for you to remember that which was planned and what was unplanned should pop up too.

Then, reach for your journal and jot down what you remember in the present tense. (This will reinforce the idea that you are reliving the lucid dream as opposed to writing in the past tense which only conveys the idea that the experience is gone.)

I hope this helps and good luck! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 18 Feb 2014 12:38

Wait, so doing stuff like touching my sorundings and spinning and rubbing hands can make me more lucid?

And how does it exactly works with the action things to plan? I didn't really understand why its helping me to increase my lucidity.

Sorry if I am a little bit annoying, my English is not 100 percent good and I still have to learn more about LDS.

And thanks for commenting btw.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Feb 2014 17:33

No worries, I'll put it in basic English. Touching your dream body and dream objects will help you to make the lucid dream last longer. But you must enthusiastically pay attention to your senses (touch, vision, hearing) as these will keep the dream world vivid. Movement will also prevent you from waking up. Never pause in the dream world or this one could simply collapse.

Being aware of your senses and reminding yourself from time to time that you are dreaming will keep you lucid. Focus on your plan of action after you've intensified your surroundings. Try not to engage too much in random events as these could make you lose your lucidity. When you talk to dream characters, rub your hands, do not become too absorbed in dialogue. You should approach them somewhat aloofly and always remind yourself that you are dreaming. :-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 18 Feb 2014 18:39

Summerlander wrote:No worries, I'll put it in basic English. Touching your dream body and dream objects will help you to make the lucid dream last longer. But you must enthusiastically pay attention to your senses (touch, vision, hearing) as these will keep the dream world vivid. Movement will also prevent you from waking up. Never pause in the dream world or this one could simply collapse.

Being aware of your senses and reminding yourself from time to time that you are dreaming will keep you lucid. Focus on your plan of action after you've intensified your surroundings. Try not to engage too much in random events as these could make you lose your lucidity. When you talk to dream characters, rub your hands, do not become too absorbed in dialogue. You should approach them somewhat aloofly and always remind yourself that you are dreaming. :-)

Thank you for the wonderful tips, I will try those and hope it will make me more lucid and aware in my dreams.

btw Summer, I sent you a messege but I dont really know if it was actually sent, you have Skype?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Feb 2014 20:56

I don't use Skype. You can PM me though if you have any queries. Good luck! :)

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 02:32

Summerlander wrote: When you talk to dream characters, rub your hands, do not become too absorbed in dialogue.

Summerlander.. our techniques are very different. I find that being absorbed in dialogue if I can, helps stabilise my LDs so helps stop me from waking up.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”