Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
felipegm

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby felipegm » 09 Jan 2014 18:32

I´m realy starting on LD. Reading about the most commom aspects of a dream, visual ou sound (for musicians for exemple). I noticed that in my dreams, mostly are the sensation and feelings, like frustration, fear, happiness, trying to reach a goal and not getting there for exemple, are very commom on my dreams. Should I use these felling to do reality checks in waking life?
Felipe Marquardt
Porto Alegre - Brazil

penguino321

Postby penguino321 » 22 Jan 2014 01:36

I have had a lucid dream, but every time i dream it is not lucid. I do reality checks, and i try, i really do. Tips? I want tips on noticing it is a dream. I can remember over one dream a night, so memorising is not a prob! THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 22 Jan 2014 15:34

felipegm wrote:I´m realy starting on LD. Reading about the most commom aspects of a dream, visual ou sound (for musicians for exemple). I noticed that in my dreams, mostly are the sensation and feelings, like frustration, fear, happiness, trying to reach a goal and not getting there for exemple, are very commom on my dreams. Should I use these felling to do reality checks in waking life?

If you dream alot about a subject or a thing, for example your school or your piano or anything, you can use it as a dream sign, so every time you see the thing you do reality check and it can help you to get lucid in your dream when you see it there.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

felipegm

Postby felipegm » 22 Jan 2014 17:35

GalMutzafy wrote:
felipegm wrote:I´m realy starting on LD. Reading about the most commom aspects of a dream, visual ou sound (for musicians for exemple). I noticed that in my dreams, mostly are the sensation and feelings, like frustration, fear, happiness, trying to reach a goal and not getting there for exemple, are very commom on my dreams. Should I use these felling to do reality checks in waking life?

If you dream alot about a subject or a thing, for example your school or your piano or anything, you can use it as a dream sign, so every time you see the thing you do reality check and it can help you to get lucid in your dream when you see it there.

Thanks for the reply

So if I dream mostly about a sensation, as fear, delight ou frustration, I could do a reality check each time a fell these sensations at waking life?
Felipe Marquardt
Porto Alegre - Brazil

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 22 Jan 2014 18:08

felipegm wrote:
GalMutzafy wrote:

Thanks for the reply

So if I dream mostly about a sensation, as fear, delight ou frustration, I could do a reality check each time a fell these sensations at waking life?

It can help, But I recommend on more specific kind of stuff as I said like School / your room / a person / an object, most of the people use Reality checks on this kind of stuff and not feelings.

But yes dude, it can help.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Hendrix

Postby Hendrix » 23 Jan 2014 07:58

Exactly 3 years ago in January 2011 i found out about lucid dreaming...........On my first WILD attempt i almost made it. After that i started looking at other tutorials n stuff saying to get up for 1 hour or so...............so i did other lucid dream tutorials. Long story short i now have an altered sleep schedule where i have no trouble getting to sleep its staying asleep. I will go to sleep at 11pm or so and wake up about 4-5hrs later just wired like i drunk a pot of coffee. I havent had one lucid dream since finding out about them. In November i found a technique that will maybe help me out. Its sleeping 1 hour and staying up for 4-5 and going back to sleep. This way i can easily put myself in the Hypnagogia state, and i feel as if im making real progress since 3 years ago!!!!! :D :D :D

AgentZain231

Postby AgentZain231 » 05 Feb 2014 06:53

Hi, I was just wondering if you can call this a lucid dream. I can remember most of my dreams and sometimes control myself. I've even had false awakening as you might call it because I woke up in dream, and then in another dream and can even repeat dreams until I get the outcome I desire. But I'm not really that sure because lucid means vivid right? Does that mean as much vivid as the real world when we are actually awake? And feel some stuff or even smell them?

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 13 Feb 2014 07:27

AgentZain231 wrote:Hi, I was just wondering if you can call this a lucid dream. I can remember most of my dreams and sometimes control myself. I've even had false awakening as you might call it because I woke up in dream, and then in another dream and can even repeat dreams until I get the outcome I desire. But I'm not really that sure because lucid means vivid right? Does that mean as much vivid as the real world when we are actually awake? And feel some stuff or even smell them?

Lucid doesn't mean vivid, it means that you are dreaming and you know that you are dreaming.
More vivid and real lucid dreams are a higher layer of lucidity that with practice you can get it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

moms5sweeties

Postby moms5sweeties » 18 Feb 2014 21:48

I wasn't sure if I should even write yet since I have only been trying to LD for almost 2 weeks, but I am getting frustrated & don't want that to block my progress. That's exactly what I'm wondering - is there a way to know if you're making any progress at all? My schedule is perfect for having & recalling many dreams per morning (get up at around 6 & go back to sleep about 8...that's when I remember tons of dreams.) I am doing reality checks as I should, writing in my dream journal & looking for dreamsigns, practicing MILD, & just in general trying not to push too hard for it to happen. Every morning now though, I feel disappointed & frustrated since nothing has happened yet. I have actually had a dream about writing in a dream journal & have also had a dream about a magic trick that I kept trying to do & then finally did (thinking that might be related to trying & trying to LD?). I'm I just expecting too much & being too hard on myself? Since I have been doing the reality checks, I really notice a big difference between my dreams & my waking state. I used to think my dreams were so real (& maybe they still are while I'm dreaming), but since making myself so aware of all the details around me during my waking state, my dreams are no comparison. I don't want to hinder any progress by getting too disappointed/frustrated. Is it right to say you either have LDs or don't? Is there any gray middle ground area here? I really want to know if, even if I'm not having LDs yet, is there a way to know that I'm at least making some progress? Thanks so much!! :)

tompine73

Postby tompine73 » 04 Mar 2014 01:10

Hello Bleekman,

I'm relatively new to Lucid dreaming (I haven't had an intentional one yet), and typically of me I'm procrastinating, reading books, writing dream journal etc rather than getting stuck in.

However I do have what might be a bit of an awkward question:

I'm paralysed, and hence can't stand or walk (or surf). However in all of my dreams (and I'm remembering one or two a night now) I am able-bodied and often playing football or surfing.

Regarding dream signs: Should I be looking for subtle abnormalities in the dreamscape or should I simply remind myself that in my waking life I'm paralysed and hence anything I do able-bodied is blatant evidence that I am in a dream?

Have other people with disabilities asked a similar question?

Thanks if you can help

Return to “For Beginners”