How do I convince my friends that lucid dreaming isn't bad?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kaylium

How do I convince my friends that lucid dreaming isn't bad?

Postby Kaylium » 06 Feb 2014 01:05

This morning, I asked them if they thought it was bad, and they both said yes. One of them said when you lucid dream you "mess with stuff you shouldn't be messing with". The other one said that "controlling things is of the devil" which really grinded my gears. So, according to him, doing things like driving a car is of satan? Then the other said that "Lucid" sounds like "Lucifer" which...is ridiculous. I said LDing can be beneficial, but they proceeded to say how it does more harm than good, because you can apparently get stuck in a nightmare, or die. At that point I just gave up. Any good counter arguments? Also, I just don't understand why most people choose to not do this stuff! How can they not see the potential? I mean, yeah, when you're trying to induce a LD you can run into stuff like sleep paralysis, but that's no reason to not do it! So yeah, that's what happened this morning. Thanks for reading :D

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Highlander

Re: How do I convince my friends that lucid dreaming isn't b

Postby Highlander » 06 Feb 2014 11:48

Read this link about some famous people who lucid dream.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/famous-lucid-dreamers.html

Were they messing with stuff they shouldn't? Lucid dream helped them a lot.
To joke about this a little, you can ask your friends: "Do you like Aphex Twin? Or James Cameron's movies? Yes? So, you like satan." :D

Kaylium

Postby Kaylium » 07 Feb 2014 01:49

Terminator 2 was freaking awesome lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Feb 2014 05:44

Kaylium wrote:Then the other said that "Lucid" sounds like "Lucifer" which...is ridiculous.

That's just word play, and it's hard to argue with ridiculousness.

Ask them this:
-Do you ever dream at night? (only answer is, yes) (If they say no, they are lying to themselves. They have to admit yes. We all do!).
-Then ask, do you ever remember your dreams? (only answer is, yes) (Again, if no, they are lying because how else would they know they had a dream?)
-You have them in a corner so now say, imagine if you remembered your dream as you are still dreaming instead of after the fact....

That's a lucid dream, plain and simple.

Think about it and word it your own way. You also don't want to sound like a know-it-all either. I don't know if I would say this myself in real life, but it would be what I want to say! :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 07 Feb 2014 10:15

And i say more.
You ask them if they had a nightmare. They will say yes. And then you ask if they were scared and they just wanted to wake up. Most of the people will say yes. That's very common in nightmares. And that's already a sparkle of a lucid dream.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Feb 2014 22:18

I told my mother the exact same thing a while back.

She told me she was in a dream and it was scary so she wanted to get away and wake up and so she did. So I said, "wait a minute, are you telling me that you wanted to wake up? That means that for even the briefest period of time you knew it was a dream. That means you were lucid for a few seconds."

She said, "maybe it was after when I realized, I forget". Then she changed the subject. (She wants nothing to do with lucid dreaming either, and the idea seems scary to her).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Creator

Postby Creator » 18 Feb 2014 23:05

Well, actually it is possible to die from a nightmare.
(Heart attack.)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 19 Feb 2014 09:31

I dunno man. Its just a normal dream it has no real impact unless you do something stupid and read too much into it and act on those readings.

Just get them to try it I suppose, if they won't then yeah, their loss I suppose.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 19 Feb 2014 12:35

in fact, the majority of people had lucid dreams in their early childhood; Some even had astral projections/OOB's.

And a lucid dream = a dream. Only difference is that you activated your logic center in the brain what made you aware that you are dreaming what gives you the ability to control your dream.

Because of those two facts i don't see how people even can think lucid dreaming is bad... Oh well, just explain them what it is in detail.
Life is a gift, Not a right.

Creator

Postby Creator » 19 Feb 2014 13:27

Most people think it messes with your mind.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”