Dream challenge/experiment of the week

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
MAKER

Re: Dream challenge/experiment of the week

Postby MAKER » 17 Feb 2014 08:24

P- *slight chuckle* The fantasy of the dreamer has no effect on the human being... *I don't remember the rest but it was something about fantasies, the human race and some "system"*

Me- Please clarify, I do not understand.

P- At the dawn of time, there was a stash. And when the WORLD began, that stash came to be. When TIME began, the stash was weak and small. And as time went on the stash grew in power. The stash could heal or kill. Open this stash indeed time would dawn again, and then only then could you answer that question. The stash is always open, but the human race has merely blocked thesmselves from it.

Hey, Jackson!

I actually read your post on the Intra-Consciousness, which I found very interesting because I have yet to read Waggoner's book, although I am familiar with Jung's collective unconscious (I know they differ, but essentially describe a unity consciousness that can either be drawn upon, or is a part of all of us.).

Although I do tend to be Jungian in my approach to dream interpretation in the sense that I believe the dream world is all a part of our consciousness, I am fascinated and very open (I guess hopeful) that we are all connected and the possibility that consciousness is the building block to everything else (if that makes sense).

I was pretty amazed by the conversation you had with the presence, as well as you feeling it. Did it ever have a face, body, or any type of visual attributes?

Both of our dreams pretty much ignored the question we asked! :lol: But yours at least gave some hints toward the answer. The "system" that was referred to reminded me of simulation hypothesis, where we are living out a simulation of what the real reality was like. But it also reminds me of a lucid dream I had where I called out for my dream to take me where it needed me to go, and I was subsequently pulled out into space backwards (one of my posts). When I got out to space, I came upon one of the most beautiful sights I have ever laid my eyes upon (even if it was my dream eyes): It was the universe, and I kept getting closer and closer until I was watching these very colorful organisms But more than the visual pleasure, I had a very powerful intuition, or a type of direct knowing, which was the universe was composed by many organisms of consciousness, yet were all one being. When one was born (or created) it had little to no consciousness, and as it grew, it became infinitely more conscious (or powerful in relation to your dream). Maybe the stash is the source? And what he said about the fantasy of the dreamer having no effect on the human...I'm intrigued, but lost in the proverbial sauce.

IF intra-consciousness / collective unconscious were true, then couldn't we possibly already have the answers? Which could explain the reason that both of our dreams laughed at us when we asked? What if the stash was your true expanded consciousness, and we are all blocked...by what/how/why I don't know (just a thought experiment :D )

I wonder if you, and also I, had been more assertive and persistent toward the answer of our questions if they would have been answered in a direct manner. But then again, your dream told you that you WILL play the game. I also wonder what kind of information you would get if you asked about the stash in a future LD.

Your dream got my head cogs turnin'!

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 17 Feb 2014 08:34

Ok guys so here it is, the second dream challenge/ experiment of the week: In a lucid dream, find a random door. Make sure you do not know where the door leads then say " Take me beyond the end of the universe" then say it again, and again, at least thrice. Then open the door. :O

Sounds like a sick idea! I've actually been pretty amazed by this past week's experiment and how easily I was able to LD about it, but it left me unsatisfied in the sense that I really didn't get a direct answer. I'm planning on taking a late morning nap tomorrow (really wish the WBTB worked better for me...I have yet to have this work). This challenge might bring some more insight into the questions we asked before...maybe for you it would be the revealing of the "stash!" If I go lucid tomorrow (or tonight!) I plan on asking more questions directly to the dream, but asking them out in space would make it more esoteric :ugeek:. I'll post what happens when it happens!

Any suggestions on questions to ask?
My question that I've been thinking of is "Tell me the most constructive way to answer the questions I have about life and consciousness." (More of a command than a questions, but can still be answered)

Happy Lucid Dreaming!

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 17 Feb 2014 16:11

Hey MAKER,

AS to your question, did I see any physical features of this voice/presence? Actually, no. All I saw in the mirror was, like I said, myself, but in a thousand different dimensions :ugeek: BUT, I did notice something like a face. I didn't actually see this "face" it was more like I .... felt it. IT seemed to have red stripes around its entire head and it was for the most part black . It seemed to be very wide and expressionless. But the strange thing was, the face felt ... dead, as if it weren't really a face of anything but more of what my brain thought a voice like that should have :?

And to what you should ask after you enter this door, I think you should ask "Where am I?", "What is the stash?" and finally " Take to me to the intra consciousness dream" *wakes up* :lol:

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 18 Feb 2014 18:46

I GOT BLOCKED!

So I managed to do a WILD after about 7 hours of sleep and here's what happened, in short;

I am walking along a sidewalk and I am trying to find a door that is in the middle of nowhere and doesn't appear to lead anywhere. I had tried two doors before this which were doors to houses. Since the seemed to lead to houses that''s where they lead, so I thought "I need to find a door that doesn't seem to lead anywhere". So I imagine a door up ahead. I then continue on and lo and behold, there it is, not quite what I imagined but still there. I say numerous times "Take me beyond the edge of the universe" and just for good measure added on a "awareness behind the dream". I am walking towards the door now, about to open it. "WHat are you doing" says a voice behind the door. A group of 3 people who look like detectives walk out and examine me with magnifying glasses. But most of this goes unnoticed because their presence has made the dream deteriorate and is quickly fading. I barely manage to stay in the dream and just as I am about to open the door, they talk to me again saying "We can't let you do that" and the dream fades so fast I have no time to restabilize. But I DEILD back and the three DC's are gone. Except now the dream has lost all its vividity, and is fading so fast I barely can stay in. The sheer focus it takes for me to stay in the dream allows me to do nothing, and eventually, I wake up for good.

I was so close. :( but I got stopped by the "subconscious police". Please tell me if you experience similar problems. I am gonna try again tonight! :D

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 19 Feb 2014 00:50

So, I don't have good news either.

I was sitting on a bus bench, and my umbilical cord was still attached...did a RC and I was dreaming. First thing I did was test something out. I found a big guy and cussed at him, watched him change into this giant black guy that pulled a gun into my face. I said I was kidding and gave him a high-five, he then turned into this old white man dressed like an old-timey candy shop man that gave me a box of M&M's.

I asked him and my mom to help me find a door that no one knows where it leads. I ended up walking down the street and found a little girl to ask. At first she was shy, but after I gave her the M&M's she warmed up to me. I asked her about the door that no one knows where it leads and she gave me a Cheshire cat smile and gave me directions. I told her to show me.

I was led around the corner to an old brown wooden door. There were ropes holding it shut, but I tested it and it was able to open fine. I put my hand on it and said three times: Awareness behind the dream, when I walk through this door, I will be outside the edge of the universe." The third time I said it though it was as if my words were vibrating...almost to the point where I could not concentrate on what it was I was supposed to say (stopped when I was done talking, really weird). I opened the door, closed my eyes, and passed through. As my eyes were still shut, I could feel I was floating. When I opened them, I was in a house with a bunch of furniture, still floating. I floated around for a bit, with nothing really to see, then I flew outta the house in the superman pose.

The rest of my dream is of me flying around at a huge city park, then a FA, then a real awakening. No outside of the edge of the universe for me either. (Maybe there isn't one?) :D

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 19 Feb 2014 06:31

Your MIB type DC's seemed intense... I read yours last night and wondered if that would effect my dream, and I'm thinking that's why everything vibrated outta serious control when I had my hand on the door saying the whole spiel. Either that, or both of our sub consciousnesses really didn't want us past that door. By the way, the house I was floating in was like a model home...didn't look used at all and everything was perfectly in place, very fung shui.

Anyway, here's a challenge/experiment: Upon becoming lucid, fly to the Moon and watch Earthrise.
I myself am planning on snowboarding down one of the craters. (And also seeing if the Moon is actually a reptilian spaceship 'David Icke' :lol: )

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 01:32

Jackson wrote: I was so close. :( but I got stopped by the "subconscious police". Please tell me if you experience similar problems.

Ive found in the past that there are things we get blocked from doing as if we arent actually allowed to be doing them. I used to come across this some especially when I used to do spiritual healing.. at times the energy was actually blocked (eg I could project it but it was blocked from getting the other) or I was blocked from psychically scanning the other before I started the healing. It wasnt like me doing the blocking but it would come from another part of the other or something else would block. From that I came to the conclusion that there are some things we just arent allowed to do or to know. It was very clear some things where being blocked (wrong timing? wrong person to do it?).

As to what is happening in your dream and if the block is from yourself or from something else creating this block for you, who knows but its always an interesting situation to come across.

I also come across this kind of thing when I was trying to visit what is called The Halls of Amenti (contain great lords of knowledge.. similar to the acashtic records in frequency). The first two times I was blocked eg one time I found myself on the edge of a cliff looking down a big drop/chasm I wasnt able to cross. I tried again many years later after much more spiritual development and on that final occassion to my surprise succeded and was allowed to enter the place.

If you find you cant succede in getting the answers to your questions after several times, wait a few years and try again.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 26 Feb 2014 04:14

Sorry for the delay :P

But anyway, here's the next dream challenge/experiment of the week; Find a door. Ask the dream several times to "Take me to the absolute, true reality" Then open the door.

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 26 Feb 2014 09:56

Haven't been on in a few days either. I also didn't make it to the Moon... dreams have been very unconscious lately.

Jackson, this might sound weird, but I was planning on what to ask next to my dream/awareness behind/subconscious today and I was originally planning on asking what would be the best way to achieve one of my life goals of purchasing a large piece of property for my family, but while I was reading "The Book of Secrets" by Deepak Chopra I came across secret 4 and it talked about the "source" and your awareness having its roots in unity, which made me write down the statement "Take me to the source." (Which was to be told to the dream in my next LD)
"The spiritual secret that applies here is this: what you seek, you already are. Your awareness has its source in unity. Instead of seeking outside yourself, go to the source and realize who you are."

I decided to check the forum and there was one new post for me to check... and it was yours talking about the absolute reality. Gave me goosebumps when I read it, almost like that's the right next question to ask.

I'm going to try tomorrow (Monday & Wednesday are my nap days :ugeek: ), but I won't check this post again until I actually achieve it. I think reading your experience last time effected the outcome of my LD when I went through the door.

This is something I've been chewing in my brain for awhile and would like to hear your (or anyone reading this :) )perspective on it: Do you think that LDing can be a gateway to knowledge that would be impossible/more difficult during waking consciousness? I've come to the point where I do not believe that any serious knowledge about the essence of life/consciousness can be discovered "out there," but rather has to either come from "in here" or through direct experience/intuition.

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 27 Feb 2014 05:01

MAKER wrote:Haven't been on in a few days either. I also didn't make it to the Moon... dreams have been very unconscious lately.

Jackson, this might sound weird, but I was planning on what to ask next to my dream/awareness behind/subconscious today and I was originally planning on asking what would be the best way to achieve one of my life goals of purchasing a large piece of property for my family, but while I was reading "The Book of Secrets" by Deepak Chopra I came across secret 4 and it talked about the "source" and your awareness having its roots in unity, which made me write down the statement "Take me to the source." (Which was to be told to the dream in my next LD)
"The spiritual secret that applies here is this: what you seek, you already are. Your awareness has its source in unity. Instead of seeking outside yourself, go to the source and realize who you are."

I decided to check the forum and there was one new post for me to check... and it was yours talking about the absolute reality. Gave me goosebumps when I read it, almost like that's the right next question to ask.

I'm going to try tomorrow (Monday & Wednesday are my nap days :ugeek: ), but I won't check this post again until I actually achieve it. I think reading your experience last time effected the outcome of my LD when I went through the door.

This is something I've been chewing in my brain for awhile and would like to hear your (or anyone reading this :) )perspective on it: Do you think that LDing can be a gateway to knowledge that would be impossible/more difficult during waking consciousness? I've come to the point where I do not believe that any serious knowledge about the essence of life/consciousness can be discovered "out there," but rather has to either come from "in here" or through direct experience/intuition.

That part about my message giving you goosebumps, I have to say surprised very much, because as I wrote that down, I wasn't thinking what is a good dream experiment. No, it was more like intuition, it just came to me. But different from other things I have learnt from intuition, this was different. It was more like I was hearing someone whispering in my ear or I was listening in to some sort of collective "awareness" thought exchange :ugeek: :lol: Just thought that that was a sort of strange coincidence.

Anyway, as to my views on your question " Do you think that LDing can be used as means to gain otherwise impossible knowledge." Yes, I very much agree with this. I believe that in our semi-lucid dreams, we are merely in our own fantasy, a meaningless, experiential world. BUT, in the dreams where we are highly lucid then we have the potential to obtain otherwise unobtainable information due to our lucidity. I do not know whether you experience similar feelings, but when I am highly lucid, and I am on the verge of entering something, some door, or perhaps having some question answered, I feel... I feel great, overwhelming presence in whatever that thing is. But every time I have tried to enter these perceived areas, I am always blocked by my dream.

I sometimes think of it like this; Your body and what causes "life" rather knows of this place and encourages you to enter it, a place it knows is incredibly empowering (In the loosest sense, a place to learn things about well, everything). But your brain, cold, analytic, and completely and utterly controlled by fear senses some sort of change about to occur and so it prevents you from doing that because when it knows fear, it knows that it must be avoided.

Sorry if that is confusing but put simply; Your body knows that you can obtain information from this place but your prevents you out of fear.

And this place is what I call "the intra conscious dream" a place where all dreams are shared.

As you have read my intra consciousness post I talk about a sort of "ability" or sense that I experience at times. It is the ability to "sense life" ( but when I say life, I am using it in the loosest sense. There are no words that describe what I sense) And when I am particularly aware, especially after meditation, I experience this sense very strongly, and I can almost sense the flow of life. And as I walk through a forest after this, I sense strong flow between the trees and incomprehensible joy in that. And to a very small extent, I can join in that too. And when I see other people, I see the trees trying to join them in this circle of interconnectedness, but the human almost has a guard up, blocking the trees out.

I am not sure if this even remotely makes sense to you but that is my view.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”