FEAR

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Creator

FEAR

Postby Creator » 19 Feb 2014 03:07

That's the only thing stopping my from lucid dreaming. My imagination is unbelievably vivid and powerful, but fear is keeping me from lucid dreaming. Every day, I'm always thinking:

"I'm gonna try WILDing tonight!"

But I always end up chickening out. I'm not scared of SP, but the scary shit that can happen in a lucid dream. I don't know, I'm not scared of SP, but I'm scared of a little dreaming? Help! How to stop this fear?

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

Jack Reacher

Re: FEAR

Postby Jack Reacher » 19 Feb 2014 09:34

You gotta somehow mentally prepare yourself that when something bad happens, no matter how bad it is, that you will face it and see it through right to the end.

Many times in dreams I will find myself in a chase or something like that. It could be by cops, wolves, gang members etc. But no matter how bad things seem, when I stop and stand still and simply see what they will do to me, they always stop and never touch me, most of the time they somehow get destroyed by doing this.

What you might want to do is think of fear as a stimulus. Look forward for something frightening and use it as an experiment, see what will happen when something bad happens! See if you are unlike me, see if they will actually hurt you. See what will happen to your dream body, let all the pain and emotional torment you are afraid of energize you. Turn it into a stimulus, look forward to it. Also works well in the real world.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Feb 2014 14:17

Jack Reacher wrote:You gotta somehow mentally prepare yourself that when something bad happens, no matter how bad it is, that you will face it and see it through right to the end.

Many times in dreams I will find myself in a chase or something like that. It could be by cops, wolves, gang members etc. But no matter how bad things seem, when I stop and stand still and simply see what they will do to me, they always stop and never touch me, most of the time they somehow get destroyed by doing this.

What you might want to do is think of fear as a stimulus. Look forward for something frightening and use it as an experiment, see what will happen when something bad happens! See if you are unlike me, see if they will actually hurt you. See what will happen to your dream body, let all the pain and emotional torment you are afraid of energize you. Turn it into a stimulus, look forward to it. Also works well in the real world.

In the real world, pain can make one avoiding doing something again. The same can happen with with a LD. Its why I wont go jumping off of buildings in my LD as when i tried to fly, I hit the dream ground/concrete and in my dream felt like I broke my ribs etc.. it really really hurt .. agony.. and hence has put me off of doing that thing again thou I wasnt scared to throw myself into the air and try to fly before this happened).

Searching for pain in a LD can be a very bad idea due to that (as if we are in fear and expecting pain.. we may get it and get it to the degree it would be felt in real life in certain situations). Something like that could really put a newbie at this off.

I do agree with the mentally preparing oneself part thou. Good idea if one is having fears to think about what one could do about those fears in a dream eg if one is attacked if trying to reason with the attackers in the dream dont work.. one could always plan to manifest a gun in the dream by reaching into a pocket and pulling one out).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 19 Feb 2014 20:44

Jumping off buildings isn't really what I mean. I don't really mean to actively seek it out, but to enjoy the fear when it comes, to mentally expect it and take something from it.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Feb 2014 23:31

Jack Reacher wrote:Jumping off buildings isn't really what I mean. I don't really mean to actively seek it out, but to enjoy the fear when it comes, to mentally expect it and take something from it.

:) good advice. I agree much can be learnt from fear in dreams and yeah some good experiences can come out of it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”