Just wondering about some lucid dreamer statistics?...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
esilemc00

Just wondering about some lucid dreamer statistics?...

Postby esilemc00 » 19 Feb 2014 22:15

So isn't it that 8/10 people have had a lucid dream but only 2/10 can have them at least once a month? I'm probably really off but I THINK it's something like that. So who here is a "natural" lucid dreamer? Like it just happens, and you don't have to really try. And who here had to learn how to have them, (things like WILD, MILD, DILD,.. ext)? You can keep your answers simple and say "natural lucid dreamer"/"learned lucid dreamer"/"a bit of both" Thanks in advance to anyone who answers! :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Jack Reacher

Re: Just wondering about some lucid dreamer statistics?...

Postby Jack Reacher » 20 Feb 2014 00:41

I have never seen actual stats for this stuff, but those sound like a pretty good estimate.

As for naturally being able to do it, I usually just pop into the dreams without even trying if my mind is running well. But those are only phases, when I was around 19 I could do it a lot, and now that im returning to another year of college I feel my mind is in a state to do it again.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 20 Feb 2014 01:02

I don't know how this data is collected. We are all natural lucid dreamers, lucid dreaming is natural. We just have to re-member. And by using these well researched techniques, we can LD 'on demand'...it is a birthright that we are allowed to explore our unconscious selves and the nature of dreaming. We disconnect from it because the hum drum of every day life separates us....super natural and mythical fears...but in our natural state, LD'ing should be an integrated way of dreaming. Children lucid dream without even having a concept if it. And adults too. My friend was just telling me about her dream where she knew she was dreaming..it was an amazing dream...she did not really know what the term 'lucid dream' meant and she is not even bothered about learning techniques etc...she said she just enjoys having them and working with them as another way to enjoy dreaming. I'm sure there are many MANY more like her. I never became unaware of my LD's but in the last few months discovered the great potential they can bring and i think the techniques are fantastic. They are a great way to re-connect. And yes, films like inception were great to wake the masses up, to help us remember!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 20 Feb 2014 01:44

I guess I'd say a bit of both, I certainly had them before I knew what they were, but with nowhere near the frequency I do now...I practice MILD, WILD and WBTB mainly (with varying rates of success I might add).
Dreaming is my drug

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 20 Feb 2014 03:08

natural lucid dreamer :D

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Archvenom

Postby Archvenom » 20 Feb 2014 22:44

Learned lucid dreamer. Started working on it Oct-13. I usually LD every third night and average around 22-24 LD's per month. As I'm still learning I've used a few different techniques

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Feb 2014 23:59

I wouldnt try to take a guess at the statistics as I dont have a clue on that.

I dont call myself a natural lucid dreamer as I hadnt had a lucid dream in my life to my knowledge till I got into astral projection and throu doing energy raising techiques, started then to spontanously have LDs as a consequence (I didnt know what they were even called at the time).

I do now thou have the occassional spontanous LD (even thou I dont do AP energy raising technique no more).. I probably have about one spontanous unplanned LD per month without trying (lots more if Im trying to have them).

So no I dont call myself a truely natural lucid dreamer. spontanous though now yeah. I guess I could call myself a "learned natural lucid dreamer" as Archvemon put it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 21 Feb 2014 10:10

"learned lucid dreamer" i need to work a lot to have a lucid dream and for this year(2014) i didnt have any lucid dream, i only have some semi-lucid but it doesnt count as lucid dreaming for me.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 04 Mar 2014 02:55

Learned lucid dreamer, although had maybe 3 before I knew anything about them (3 in 50 years that is). Now have one or two a week without trying other than "intent".

teeroy79

Postby teeroy79 » 08 Mar 2014 22:07

I'm a Natural Lucid dreamer. It just happens for me. I also want to talk with others out there who have them every night...I have them almost every night. I just started a dream journal, so I wrote down five dreams last night. and I took a nap and I had one dream. If anyone could answer this question also, Do you think its unusual to remember so many dreams? I feel so alone on this.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”