What Does "Mr. Green" Emoticon Mean?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

What Does "Mr. Green" Emoticon Mean?

Postby HAGART » 20 Feb 2014 02:33

( :mrgreen: )

I've selected this from the 'Smilies' before, but still have no idea under what context I'm suppose to use it. Sometimes it just feels right. Does it actually have a meaning that I'm unaware of?

If you don't know then just make up a funny one.

I'll go first:
It's for after you write a post while sitting in the Conservatory, banging your keyboard with a candlestick. :mrgreen:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Re: What Does "Mr. Green" Emoticon Mean?

Postby Summerlander » 20 Feb 2014 02:59

Smirking? LoL! Envy? Mockery? No idea... :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 20 Feb 2014 03:12

Urban dictionary says the Mr.Green emoticon is used to express extreme happiness :mrgreen:

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 20 Feb 2014 04:29

Jackson wrote:Urban dictionary says the Mr.Green emoticon is used to express extreme happiness :mrgreen:

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

lol, I love that site.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Feb 2014 05:48

Yea, I read those myths about it online too, but it seems nobody on this planet truly knows the meaning and origin of Mr. Green :mrgreen: . If the Urban Dictionary is right then what is, :D for? Perhaps Mr. Green, with all its secrets, is a mystery of the universe that will never be solved.

Personally, I've been using it whenever I feel a strong sense of self satisfaction. Smug or hubris in an exaggerated, comical sense. (Hooray, me! What an awesome post I made! I'm the best! :mrgreen: )

I have another possible reason to use it...
It's for when you are in the middle of typing and you start to grow, get angry, rip out of your shirt, and then find yourself barefoot with ripped pants, and scream, "Ahhhhhhh!"...... then click, [Submit]. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(The pants are the only thing that expands as you grew which leaves you puzzled, scratching your head for days. How does Lou Ferrigno do it?)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Off-Topic”