blackness | Question

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
chipzz

blackness | Question

Postby chipzz » 03 Feb 2014 14:13

Hello everyone, so I just had my first lucid dream last night but I cannot say that it was awesome like everyone else can. I just learned about lucid dreams yesterday and decided to try and have one. so it started by me having the weirdest dream I ever had. Not going to go into detail as it didn't happen here. But, upon waking, all I could remember of it was that I had piano and had to stop what I was doing. I realized (now at this point I'm still confused as to if I was asleep or awake at this moment) that today was monday and I really have piano on thursday, this is what triggered the dream, I instantly (and I mean instantly, like within a second, which is why I am unsure if I was already asleep or not) fell back to sleep and told myself that today is monday not thursday and I had lucidity. I was very excited but the only problem was the whole background was blackness, nothing to see or do because I couldn't see anything, so basically I flew around for a little bit but I couldn't enjoy it which is why I eventually was just able to force myself to open my eyes and wake up. Only now about 30 mins after all this when I was already awake did I realize that the original weird dream I had was in the first person, which never happen to me (I always dream in 3rd person, but surprisingly I don't play video games), and I suddenly remembered the dream in clear 100% detail. I wrote it down and came here to post it. If anyone can tell me why the blackness happened and why I couldn't change it that would be great, also all comments and questions on this are welcome, I will answer, Thanks,
Greg

TillyPink

Re: blackness | Question

Postby TillyPink » 03 Feb 2014 22:44

Hmmm... i am reading this book by Charlie Morley atm and he talked about the blackness lucid state or the nothingness ..i think he said it happens when you are not in REM sleep, so there is nothing to work with. In fact i am intrigued to go there. We all have different sleep patterns, but generally he was saying that if you go from the hypnogogic state on first falling asleep, and then move into conscious sleeping, you may well experience this...but for you it happened after a state of vivid REM. Still...i wouldn't worry about it...just carry on exploring and see what unfolds. Sounds like you have instantly changed your dreaming experience just by intending to LD so let us know how things unfold...exciting times!

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 04 Feb 2014 01:39

I had my first Lucid Dream a while back, and I had two in the same night. The first one was cool and everything but then I "woke up". I then realized I was dreaming again and noticed that everything was pitch black. I was confused so I woke myself up.

I think this is different from a level one lucid dream (Where as you realize you are dreaming and your vision automatically goes black and you wake up) because I knew for a good couple of seconds that I was dreaming, but made the conscious decision to wake myself up.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 03:15

Hi, I experience the blackness thing a lot.. its something to do with not all my normal dream senses being properly in the LD..sometimes its just the vision not fully in while other things its other senses not in yet either. My dream senses can drop in and out depending on how deep Im asleep.

Here's my last LD in which I had issues with no vision at times (when I have no vision.. Im seeing blackness or going around in a dream like a blind person till it occurs http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14479 )

Anyway.. you dont have to allow it to bother you and its often a matter of having to get a certain balance of subconsiousness to the waking awareness or to a certain depth to be able to have all the LD senses come in.

If one ignores the blackness as in dont let it put you off, often one can end up getting a visual dream rather then just having a nonvisual one, come in.

i am reading this book by Charlie Morley atm and he talked about the blackness lucid state or the nothingness ..i think he said it happens when you are not in REM sleep, so there is nothing to work with

Thanks Tillypink. I think I may do many of my LDs when Im not in REM (as I do them at any of the hour day or night and at time go into a LD immediately on going to sleep) so that would make sense why I often get blackness state I need to work throu. At times I have LDs when Im not asleep and just in deep meditation states.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 03:20

Xtreme_Walrus wrote:I had my first Lucid Dream a while back, and I had two in the same night. The first one was cool and everything but then I "woke up". I then realized I was dreaming again and noticed that everything was pitch black. I was confused so I woke myself up.

I think this is different from a level one lucid dream (Where as you realize you are dreaming and your vision automatically goes black and you wake up) because I knew for a good couple of seconds that I was dreaming, but made the conscious decision to wake myself up.

Just ignore the blackness next time.. the sight will end up coming in if you stay focused on your dream and maintaining it even if you dont have dream sight.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”