Figured out my dream signs finally.....

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
CSL505

Figured out my dream signs finally.....

Postby CSL505 » 27 Jan 2014 14:51

In about 95% of my dreams I see people. I'm almost always surrounded by people.

I know to become lucid in dreams you're supposed to exploit the dream sign. Realizing you're dreaming by performing reality checks in real life when you come across the dream sign.

Problem for me is, the people I see in dreams are ALWAYS people that I have known in my past. I normally don't see or communicate with these people now.

So, If anyone has any tips to be able to exploit these with not being able to see the signs normally in real life.

Thanks!

Living Lucid

Re: Figured out my dream signs finally.....

Postby Living Lucid » 28 Jan 2014 11:27

The only problem with using people as a dream sign is that in our everyday lives we see so many people, depending on what you do, and so using it as a dream sign isn't the easiest because in the end you don't use it as a reality check because it happens so much.
I nearly always have people in my dreams, and i think everyone does as we're social creatures, so i would recommend using a different dream sign as your main one, because you'll just fall out of the habit of doing a reality check every time you see a person as you'll miss a lot of times. Don't stop using it as a dream sign because it might work, but definitely don't use it as your only one. My main dream sign is seeing if i recognise the place i'm in, if its place I've never been before, because i always end up in a dreamscape in my dreams in locations i've never visited before, so every 15-30 minutes i check if i recognise this place or not, and try to name it. If i don't know what it is i know i dreaming. However thats not the only reality check i do of course.
One reality check long time lucid dreamers do is to ask themselves to try and remember the past 10 minutes or what they've just been doing. A lot of the time they realise the last thing they remember is getting ready for bed, which means they must be dreaming.

A good tip is to try and remember the dream environment/location to look for dream signs, this also helps with dream recall to remember where you've been in your dreams and what comes up a lot, this usually helps me.

CSL505

Postby CSL505 » 28 Jan 2014 21:54

Thank you very much for this insight!

I will give these a try; they're good points.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 06:18

Seeing your dream sign is people that you nowdays dont see in real life any more.. you could try doing a reality check every time you were thinking of these people.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”