My Astral Projection Exercise

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
CJ21

My Astral Projection Exercise

Postby CJ21 » 03 Feb 2014 07:16

Years ago I was lent a book on Astral Projection and was told I could fly out of my body through meditation. There were others that borrowed this same book and were unsuccessful. It became a challenge of sorts and this was right up my alley with the lucid dreams I had as a child(no control at that point). There were multiple techniques to practice, but one was a perfect fit for me and I ran with it.

There was a path that I walked a million times as a kid to my best friend's house. I had this path embedded in my head and it was easy for me to recall. Every night I would imagine myself getting out of my childhood bed and walking over there. It was so difficult and stupid for quite some time before things started to clear up. It was zero fun and I can't believe I stuck with it without giving up.
After months of this this practice It was razor sharp, and I started to incorporate senses along the trip. I eventually got bored with the path and I would take a different one. It got to the point where I could just wander around my old neighborhood or anywhere I chose to explore. It was all so clear and easy. At any given time I could close my eyes and picture anything crystal clear. I started to put it to the test and practice doing math equations. I could do long division in my head no problem. Not like in an instant, but it was like having a dry erase board in my head. After a bit of practice I didn't even have to close my eyes to visualize these things. It was like having a HUD at all times.
I never succeeded at projecting at will, but this let to my first spontaneous projection which led to others down the road. An OBE is a life changer to say the least, and having the awareness of this duality led to a connection to my dreams I had never had before. It was like I was dreaming all day. It was always with me. I stopped practicing and allowed my quest for whatever version of the american dream I had going pollute my brain. I know I have the ability, but there's quite a bit of rust for me to shake off before I get anywhere close to what I had before. I need to get myself motivated again and have started reading up recently. I think having too much info is more confusing and it's wise to stick with the KISS philosophy.
Every technique is like a machine at a gym. Some machines don't work for some people, but you must stay on one particular machine long enough to find which one works for you. Circuit training here will get you nowhere fast and frustrate the hell out of anyone. Continuous disappointments will eventually lead to someone giving up and that's no good at all. I need to get back on my machine but I'm not in the same shape I was nearly 20 years ago. Time to get back in shape.

HAGART

Re: My Astral Projection Exercise

Postby HAGART » 03 Feb 2014 17:03

The brain is a muscle. If muscles have muscle-memory, the brain has brain-plasticity and 'exercise' will develop both just the same.

(I like the KISS philosophy. Keep It Simple Stupid).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Feb 2014 01:22

Inducement of OOBEs is easier than what the novice typically thinks. Occam's razor is very much applicable when it comes to discovering the most compatible methodology. The last thing you want is your mind being bogged down by information overload. Sometimes simple steps, intent, enthusiasm, and relaxation, suffice. Sometimes you read about the subject and this triggers an involuntary experience. All the best in your endeavours! :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

CJ21

Postby CJ21 » 08 Feb 2014 03:34

The OBE's became a nightly occurrence. I would juts slide feet first down the length of my bed after just opening my eyes to look at the time. I would find myself looking up at my feet and seeing the time om my digital clock. It was the best feeling to slide out and have control of how fast you snap back. Sliding back and forth slowly is the greatest feeling in the world. Just thinking about it now I imagine the feeling in my chest and solar plexus area, and this feeling spider webbed out through the rest on my body. I really need that back again. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ I just started listening to The Gateway Experience and another Hemi-Sync lucid dream series(4 exercises). They definitely know what they're doing with the audio.
This brings meditation to an entire new level. I can't see how this wouldn't work for anyone if they put the time in.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just the first two exercises in the lucid dreaming series could break someone free for sure. Once I got my body relaxed the audio made my head all wobbly and then it stopped all at once. Like my head snapped in place and was hovering. The only thing I saw during this were lights in the distance. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They have a waterfall in the background that gives you the awareness of open space(it did for me). It was like going from a disney Viewmaster to Imax in an instant when the wobbling stopped.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was from the first two exercises and I give all the credit to the audio and someone from a forum elsewhere.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 06:33

CJ21 wrote: After months of this this practice It was razor sharp, and I started to incorporate senses along the trip. I eventually got bored with the path and I would take a different one. It got to the point where I could just wander around my old neighborhood or anywhere I chose to explore. It was all so clear and easy. At any given time I could close my eyes and picture anything crystal clear. I started to put it to the test and practice doing math equations. I could do long division in my head no problem. Not like in an instant, but it was like having a dry erase board in my head. After a bit of practice I didn't even have to close my eyes to visualize these things. It was like having a HUD at all times.

That was one of my previous goals.. being able to send my imagination out to any place at will and hopefully remote view it. I used to know a few people who could do this at any time while they were doing other things. Unfortunately it was a goal I never succeded at thou I did for over a year really try (obviously Im no natural at that), the only way I could succede is if the others tried to help pull my energy out of body. I had a great teacher and lots of encouragement but I couldnt get doing that myself without a lot of effort and without full focus and even then I had to be very lucky to succede at it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”