Looking at hand did not stabilize dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Taylor

Looking at hand did not stabilize dream

Postby Taylor » 18 Feb 2014 16:43

Hey,

When I had one of the 5 dreams I had last night, I looked at my hand and imagined every single detail, however everything was fuzzy. I also saw everything was fuzzy around me. The other side is that I knew I was dreaming and stayed calm. I want to know what I am doing wrong. I was actually in this state for quite a while. My mind races extremely fast throughout the day, so I am wondering if this is why I am not able to fully stabilize my dreams.

Summerlander

Re: Looking at hand did not stabilize dream

Postby Summerlander » 18 Feb 2014 17:18

Rub your hand together ferociously for about 10 seconds (at least) and until you achieve maximum realism (hyperrealism). Pay attention to the haptic data. Feel the structure of your hands, feel the warmth and friction of rubbing, pay attention to the sound they make, and watch the scenery visually come to life. Really immerse yourself in the task of intensification of the lucid dream. Do it with enthusiasm and not lackadaisically or for the sake of appearances. Indolence leads to dull and ephemeral experiences. Impact, memory and consciousness/awareness are the key ingridients to success. It also behoves you to have a plan of action so you remain focused and avoid hesitation (which can lead to a premature end).

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 20 Feb 2014 10:09

Turning around also works for stabilization.
Life is a gift, Not a right.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 09:58

Try to go on a hunt for a pair of glasses by the time you find some and put them on, hopefully your dream will then look clear. Doing this and putting them on, should help symbolise to your subconciousness that you want and expect clarity.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”