FILD

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
GalMutzafy

FILD

Postby GalMutzafy » 26 Feb 2014 14:35

I'm starting to search information about the FILD tecnique and I see that many people also use it like MILD or WILD.

I have two questions:

1. How effective is this tecnique for you to gain lucid dreams?

2. FILD causes sleep paralysis mainly like WILD does?

Thanks for the answers.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Goldkoron

Re: FILD

Postby Goldkoron » 26 Feb 2014 18:18

Lucid dreaming is very heavily reliant on willpower. Sleep paralysis seems to be weakening your resolve to lucid dream. What can Sleep Paralysis do to you? I mean, of course there can be hypnagogic illusions, but they cannot physically do anything to you. You cannot get hurt in dreams. Yes you have senses, yes you can feel a tiny degree of pain, but it really is not anything more than a funny bone kind of feeling. I myself look forward to the night I have sleep paralysis.

I have been thinking about FILD, and I think it would be very effective in combination with DEILD.
Do a reality check

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 26 Feb 2014 21:37

Goldkoron wrote:Lucid dreaming is very heavily reliant on willpower. Sleep paralysis seems to be weakening your resolve to lucid dream. What can Sleep Paralysis do to you? I mean, of course there can be hypnagogic illusions, but they cannot physically do anything to you. You cannot get hurt in dreams. Yes you have senses, yes you can feel a tiny degree of pain, but it really is not anything more than a funny bone kind of feeling. I myself look forward to the night I have sleep paralysis.

I have been thinking about FILD, and I think it would be very effective in combination with DEILD.

I know what is sleep paralysis and that it can't actually hurt me but I am a coward xD

That's why I am not using WILD also.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Feb 2014 01:02

Goldkoron wrote:I myself look forward to the night I have sleep paralysis.

Whenever I had it, it occured after a lucid dream, when it faded, but I refused to wake up and stayed as relaxed as I could to try and re-enter a dream again. Sometimes it would fail, and I'd 'wake-up' to the sleep paralysis experience (in all it's many forms, which are countless). It's like a false awakening, but with fear for some reason, even if it's full of colors and bright. I've heard it has something to do with the Amygdala in our brains, but try and rationalize that to yourself when it's happening! :lol:

I wish a scary episode of sleep paralysis on you too. It makes us stronger and wiser. And you will not be harmed. Ignore the fear mongers out there! 8-)

*Only once did I get it without knowing it was a dream. Otherwise I was lucid, which helps a lot, but lucid doesn't always mean full control!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 28 Feb 2014 12:12

I just read about FILD a couple of days ago and decided to try. I woke up at 4am and started to do the "finger moves". Like a minute after, i started to sense a little vibration on my body. But then it disappeared. It was the first time, so, i have to practice. But i guess this is a good technique.

cheer_princess

Postby cheer_princess » 04 May 2014 17:47

What is FILD/ I haven't heard of this technique before

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 04 May 2014 17:55

cheer_princess wrote:What is FILD/ I haven't heard of this technique before

Just google FILD and you'll see tons of information about that.

cheer_princess

Postby cheer_princess » 04 May 2014 17:59

Ok thanks

Archvenom

Postby Archvenom » 28 Jul 2014 07:12

I heard about this technique a few months ago and only decided to give it a try over the last four nights. I've had some good success so far managing to get multiple lucids three out of the four nights. I've never experienced sleep paralysis before so can't comment on that sorry.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

shams

Postby shams » 28 Jul 2014 08:13

I very scared of this sleep paralysis shit. I mean who wouldn't be? Feeling someone calling your name and you can't even move. Moving is the best self-defence technique, like running. Can anyone share their experience of sleep paralysis while trying the WILD/FILD technique and maybe give me a little bit of confidence to try

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”