Sleep paralysis weirdness

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
trehmar

Sleep paralysis weirdness

Postby trehmar » 02 Mar 2014 07:44

Ok so Idk if this belongs here but here goes. Today I was napping and I wrote up partially. I thought to myself "I wonder what would happen if I moved my eyes around like rem sleep?" So I did (with my eyes closed) and I started going through sleep paralysis (I think) I saw light and the outline of a face and it got really loud and I felt numb. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Snaggle

Re: Sleep paralysis weirdness

Postby Snaggle » 03 Mar 2014 02:49

trehmar wrote: Today I was napping and I wrote up partially. I thought to myself "I wonder what would happen if I moved my eyes around like rem sleep?" So I did (with my eyes closed) and I started going through sleep paralysis (I think) I saw light and the outline of a face and it got really loud and I felt numb. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Standard HI (hypnagogic images or in this case hypnopomic images) except for the numbness. There's no reason for hypnopomic images to be combined with numbness and you likely could of seen them faster without moving your eyes, you might have been able to do a dream return instead or triggered a new lucid dream if you had tried to. What sound(s) were you hearing? In lucid dreaming it has always been a debate whether SP is real or a type of dream. Going into SP, in any case, is not necessary for either Lucid Dreams or OBE.

I've done a lot of dream returns during my life time, but never have hypnopomic images while returning to a dream or starting a new one, however, I do sometimes hear a voice calling my name that I think is in the real world, but is just in the dream world and these are technically hypnopomic. I usually see hypnagogic images when falling asleep whether or not I decide to lucid dream and sometimes play with them as I can manipulate them or change them, not just have them appear and stream by themselves -Hypnagogic Image control in other words ;)
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “Off-Topic”