Amazing Serendipitous Experience Today!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Amazing Serendipitous Experience Today!

Postby ckdeyo » 04 Mar 2014 00:33

I am from the U.S. I live in Michigan. And this morning I do believe, I experienced my first 1.5 Lucid Dreams. And by that I shall explain a bit. I woke up this morning and for the past few weeks I have been falling back to sleep afterwards. Nothing out of the ordinary, I just happen to be lazy at times. But as I fell back to sleep for the second or third time I had more of a conscious awareness of my thoughts at the moment of sleep, as I began to "see" my thoughts become dreams it was almost as if I had the ability to will myself to become conscious in the dream. As I was doing this I felt SO strange and heard the most astounding otherworldly noises. Then BAM! There I was, in the same dreamscape that I had been in while I was dreaming regularly before, only this time I was conscious, hovering, and my whole body was permeating with this dark purple aura-like energy. I immediately felt scared and uncomfortable so I tried shaking my head to bring me back. It worked but it did take more mental effort than I thought neccessary to bring myself back.(And for about a minute afterwards i couldn't feel my hands...?) Now mind you, I did not have this experience on purpose. But as I woke up from this I realized what I had just done and how I had done it. I wanted to try again, so I did. I laid back down, closed my eyes, and tried to visualize what I wanted to dream about. And just as it started before, I felt strange, heard strange noises, and before I let myself even go I stopped it out of fear. I don't know if anyone will read this or if anyone would care if they did. I really just needed to get this out here and any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Amazing Serendipitous Experience Today!

Postby TillyPink » 04 Mar 2014 23:29

Brilliant! I am fairly new to terminology, but i think you had a WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dream - there's loads of information on the site) but there may be another name too for the re-entry into a previous dream...people try to intentionally practice this and you did it by accident, which of course can happen too - it's all natural, nothing to be frightened of, but really exciting if you want to really get into the realm of lucid dreaming...go...go explore, there are adventures to be had! All the noises are normal...there will be some science to explain what they are (i am rubbish at the science) but it happens to me every time i WILD followed by an OBE type entry into a lucid dream...rushing in my head, voices, buzzing and vibrating in the body, it's all natural. Sometimes i have no sensations at all and just seamlessly enter a lucid dream. Welcome to the world of lucid dreaming. ;)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”