WILD I Keep Falling Asleep!!!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Creator

Re: WILD I Keep Falling Asleep!!!

Postby Creator » 01 Mar 2014 06:28

Snaggle wrote:
Creator wrote:Finally, we can post again! :D I've been waiting to post this thread for a while.

Every single time I attempt the wild, I end up falling asleep. Here is how I do it:

1) I close my eyes and start to see very faint colours
2) After a while of relaxing, I start to see a flickering circle in the center of my vision (I usually see that while I'm attempting WILD)
3) I repeat to myself, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming... And try to keep awareness of my body...
4) I wake up in the morning... -_-

GOD DAMMIT! Why do I keep falling asleep!? And during hypnagogia, why don't I see people, places, and hear sounds and stuff? I just see a flickering circle then wake up... It's really bothering me. Please help. :(

To do a intentional WILD one needs to have some awareness of and control over one's brain wave state. To see HI or do a WILD, the part of one's brain that creates dreams needs to be in a Theta wave state. Brain Wave states are like this "Gamma Wave (most awake and deep in thought); Beta Wave ( normal wide awake); Alpha Wave (when using ones imagination, whith fleeting have real images popping into ones head), Theta (normal HI and dream state); Delta Wave (none thought and non-image state, normal in deep sleep occurring before REM Muscle Atonia and after NREM dream sleep).

Don't repeat to yourself "I'm dreaming" and don't try to keep awareness of your body- forget it completely and don't try to WILD before it's tired, you should already be a little mentally tired too for an ideal attempted WILD. If your brain is already tired it will naturally be inclined to Theta waves. wake yourself up with an alarm, not to do a WBTB but just to observe your brain state when you're dreaming. Try to imitate that brain wave state, if you can you'll be able to do dream returns and maybe real WILDS. When trying a WILD don't lower and relax your eyes- this just makes one drowsy and signals to ones brain it's time to sleep, instead look up with your eyes closed. Practice entering Alpha wave states, drawing is good for this or any art, look at the paper/canvas until you start to get this flood of fleeting images. When doing a real Wild one first enters Apha and then the Alpha waves quickly slips into Theta Waves and the fleeting images are more stable and actually seen. If you can't enter Alpha at will you're not going to make it to Theta and it does not sound like you're entering an Alpha Wave state so far. Be warned even if you do see HI you might not make it past them to NREM dreams or if you make it to NREM dreams you might not make it to REM dreams.

Two things:
First - I did it on my side, and I fell asleep.
Second - Why do my eyes sort of flutter sometimes when I'm going to sleep? And when I look up, they flutter even more...

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 05 Mar 2014 00:00

I agree with Snaggle - perhaps repeating 'I'm Dreaming' won't help you see the hypnogogic images. Your eyes are fluttery because i think you are too aware of having them closed because you are trying to not fall asleep. This happens to me and when it does, i do a facial relaxation...I make sure that my mouth and brow are relaxed, my cheek bones...you want to be aware of feeling the tip of your tongue just lightly touching the roof of your mouth, lips relaxed, no clenched teeth, if you notice you are frowning slightly, just be aware of releasing the tension there...as you relax your face, your eyes will follow suit. I kind of look onto the back of my lids, or into the center of my brow and then just...allow...stay aware of your body, your breath. Often for me when a really cool image appears i get a jolt of excitement and it leaves me, but it's cool, just start again. If you start to feel like you are drifting away from consciousness you can perhaps just bring yourself back and then relax again (although for me i find the drifting point is fine as then i normally find myself entering the lucid dream, but i've got to know myself after trying different things) Personally i start off my lying on my back doing a relaxation body scan and meditation to get really relaxed but fully conscious then when i get the urge, i turn over onto my right side and just carry on being mindful....and all the magic starts to happen...but this is what personally works for me. Keep trying, but don't try toooo hard :)

NYDreamer

Postby NYDreamer » 11 Mar 2014 00:15

I've been trying to WILD for the past few nights but all I end up doing is feeling very uncomfortable, having to scratch a different itch every few seconds. It's impossible to relax with this going on. I am having more success becoming lucid within a dream, and going back into a dream after waking up.

What might be true in my case is that my attempt to WILD serves as a mnemonic enhancer to think about dreaming, so when I am dreaming, I am able to see it for what it is.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2014 10:37

Snuggles.. do you WILD?

Creator wrote:Finally, we can post again! :D I've been waiting to post this thread for a while.

Every single time I attempt the wild, I end up falling asleep. Here is how I do it:

1) I close my eyes and start to see very faint colours
2) After a while of relaxing, I start to see a flickering circle in the center of my vision (I usually see that while I'm attempting WILD)
3) I repeat to myself, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming... And try to keep awareness of my body...
4) I wake up in the morning... -_-

GOD DAMMIT! Why do I keep falling asleep!? And during hypnagogia, why don't I see people, places, and hear sounds and stuff? I just see a flickering circle then wake up... It's really bothering me. Please help. :(

I think what you are doing there is good for a WILD, in fact for a WILD you need to fall asleep!! (either that or an extremely deep meditation state you can be LD in). So dont feel disappointed about that. What is happening with you thou, you are missing the WILD exit due to lack of technique. I wouldnt be able to WILD by doing what you are trying there without an entry into the LD technique (or I'd fall unawarely asleep too!). You may need to pull yourself into the WILD before you loose your conscious awareness.

Try to use what you are getting to enter into the WILD.. eg if you are seeing flickering circle.. can you enter into this? What happens when you try to intensely watch this? Does it fade out or you or does it intensify? Can you make the circle spin or do anything? Can you enlarge it? by thinking of it expanding? (that can get on into a WILD).

To enter a WILD... take whatever image, colour, shape etc you get and try to use it to get yourself into a LD. By working with it, knowing how to use an image to draw you in.. you will be keeping your mind awake and aware while at the time, helping to forget the physical.

Anyway.. tell me more about this and if you can do any of the things I mention with it? (If trying to mess with it in some way makes it fade out...what I do is then just observe without thought whatever Im getting and after a short time it will just feel right to me to know I can try to do more and try to use it in some way. I go a lot by inner feeling to know what to do to bring myself into a WILD. I dont follow any rules but freeflow my experience.. each one I have is a bit different so there is no set way to do this stuff).

Anyway.. you need to make the images you get.. draw yourself away from this physical reality into the other which will create itself around you, its okay to loose feel of your physical body as long as you hold conscious awareness (just dont forgot your body is on a bed.. but allow your mind to let go of it while maintaining a focused state!). One of the joys of WILD for me is that I dont have to imagine being elsewhere but just use anything I get (see, hear or feel, it doesnt matter which one uses) to help pull me into a dream (WILD)

I see what mistake I think you are making a lot here (and then people think they cant WILD as they think it didnt work when the issue may be technique). Many think they can just go into the right brain/brainwave and body state and automatically get a WILD but that isnt the case (some just fall unawarely asleep by doing that).. some of us have pull ourselves into it in some way (that's not a literal pull) and need to use techniques to do so.

NYDreamers problem I do think is more of an issue to having a WILD then yours.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2014 10:52

And during hypnagogia, why don't I see people, places, and hear sounds and stuff?

That is completely fine not to have those things. I dont see people, places and that during my hypnagogia IF I even get any (80% of the time I get none at all, 10% of the time I'll get noise..3% of the time I'll see something... but I still WILD). So at the very most if Im lucky to see anything at all it may be just an inch wide patch of colour .. and I'll use that to take me into a WILD by making it enlarge.

Other times I will enter a WILD with no strange things first at all. Not the slightest bit of hypngogia eg I may be aware of my physical body breathing on the bed and the next moment Im aware Im elsewhere at the same time (and from there will have to pull myself into the dream... and all my senses dont necessarly enter at once.. usually my dream sight is the very last thing to enter into my dream).

So do not let that bother you.. you are getting something.. see if you can use it. Share what happens when you've experimented with what you get....

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2014 11:03

NYDreamer wrote:I've been trying to WILD for the past few nights but all I end up doing is feeling very uncomfortable, having to scratch a different itch every few seconds. It's impossible to relax with this going on. I am having more success becoming lucid within a dream, and going back into a dream after waking up.

Itching when trying to WILD.. that is something I hate. One can either scratch the itch while trying to stay relaxed (which in my case never works as I'll just get another itch elsewhere) or try to completely ignore them. I think I actually drove myself out into a WILD one time due to itches I was ignoring.. it got more and more unbearable and just when I thought I couldnt bear it no more, I suddenly fell asleep and straight into a WILD. I wont do that again thou as it was sooo unpleasant to ignore itching for that long, so next time that happens to me I think I'll just give up and try another day.

You could try to rub some diluted with another oil, natural lavender oil over your body before giving a WILD a go if itching is a common issue for you as that can actually help prevent the issue or a bath with bicarb soda (baking soda) and salt.. I usually use 250g bicarb soda and 500g salt and soak in that for 20mins just before you try to WILD. That too can stop itching happening. So here is ways to which are likely to help prevent that issue.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”