Meditation can help me to lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
GalMutzafy

Meditation can help me to lucid dreaming?

Postby GalMutzafy » 28 Feb 2014 20:30

Hey there,

I just got interested in meditation because I see many people that lucid dreaming, are also meditating and claim that it can help you increasing self awareness in dreams and make you more lucid.

Does anybody here also do that kind of stuff? does it really work as people claim it is?
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

JonSnowLD

Re: Meditation can help me to lucid dreaming?

Postby JonSnowLD » 01 Mar 2014 21:47

I try and meditate for 10 minutes a day and I do seem to have more chance of becoming lucid when I meditate regularly-it gives you the chance to focus on the moment and be more self aware which I guess helps you be more self aware in dreams :) it's also beneficial for waking life too of course! ;)

I guess it's like any lucid dream technique though, you need to stick at it and practise it to get any benefits!
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 03 Mar 2014 22:03

JonSnowLD wrote:I try and meditate for 10 minutes a day and I do seem to have more chance of becoming lucid when I meditate regularly-it gives you the chance to focus on the moment and be more self aware which I guess helps you be more self aware in dreams :) it's also beneficial for waking life too of course! ;)

I guess it's like any lucid dream technique though, you need to stick at it and practise it to get any benefits!

I've started maditating but I don't think I do it as good as it supose to be... I mean, if I need to imagine specific things / areas or concentrating on specific things and etc...

I did it twice since I opend this thread and I imagine for an example of me at night with someone I don't know, or with that person in a forest and it wasn't much relaxing (What I've imagining doing I mean, not the maditating experience).

But I like it so far the way I'm doing it, but in the other hand I would like to know if it's good.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 07 Mar 2014 23:45

the technique I use is where you focus on your breathing and try and get rid of all other thoughts when they come into your head. If what you're doing is working for you though then keep at it! ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

poseidon

Postby poseidon » 15 Mar 2015 22:29

if you cant focus try this:

go to your bathroom and have a shower. sit down and let the water falls from high, into your head. relax for 5 mins. start imagining your place. in the next 5 mins you ll almost be dreaming.
after i did that i dreamt the place i imagined just the next day ;)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”